MSN made me so angry!!!

Dayenu

Really? A rotten apple and all journalists have a bad name? Is it the same in your profession?

There are more rotten apples in the journalism barrel than just this one (which the PP alluded to by saying "it's journalist like this":)).

There is absolutely no reason to get angry over that. They have a slideshow every day on some topic, everything for top 10 reasons to drink wine to top 10 reasons not to drink wine. Tomorrow it'll be top 14 reasons to take a cruise. Just looking to get clicks to sell ad space, nothing more.

Anyone with any sense can reason that a bulk of the complaints are common to every hotel/travel situation.

Edited by sanger727

I worked on my college paper and got a masters in journalism....and if I was writing an article about cruise travel, it would be about the unique things that can happen on a cruise. As some of you said, many of these can happen to you on a land trip (we got attacked by bed bugs in a hotel last year on a strictly road trip). But news outlets nowadays prefer the sensational, rather than the informative.

If you’re not a cruise line shareholder why would anyone be mad about this?

It's just an online puff piece like millions of others put out on the free internet to attract eyeballs and clicks in order to earn revenue. I clicked through the article and guess what, the next was a puff piece on the wonderful new sailings for the cruise industry in 2017! Is everybody Hap, Hap, Happy about that?

If you want journalism go out and buy a newspaper, or go out and buy a scholarly journal. You can also buy an electronic subscription to many. The operative word though is BUY. Expecting anything free on the internet to be journalistic is like expecting your free cruise on your neighbour’s rowboat to be the same a suite on Cunard. It's not the rowboat that has the unrealistic expectations issue!

The irony is that by starting a thread here with a link to the article, the OP is actually promoting an article that he/she finds problematic. That is exactly the intent of the article - get as many clicks and views as possible.

That's the thing with sensationalist writing on the internet. It's intent is to get people to respond and to express their outrage.

The next time you see or read something that upsets you, the best response is to do nothing on the internet. No Twitter, no Facebook, no Snapchat, no CruiseCritic - nothing. If you are really upset, write the head of the company and share your views. But don't express your opinion online.

Remember - there is no such thing as bad publicity.

But news outlets nowadays prefer the sensational' date=' rather than the informative.[/quote']

Agree and if I may add... Controversy

The goal for newspapers is to sell newspapers. More papers means more advertising $$$. :cool: