When are we expected to vacate the room on last morning?

sloopsailor

To the OP: you realize that vacating the room does not mean disembarking, necessarily, unless you have chosen to take your own luggage off, in which case you will be first off. Otherwise, you will be assigned a wait area somewhere public on board.

Bill

Thanks, I know the difference. I have had to schlep our carry-off bags into the buffet area to grab breakfast due to having to vacate early, and it isn't a fun thing to do. That is why we prefer to leave our bags in our room until after breakfast, retrieve them, then head out to the waiting are. Since we also want to practice good dental hygiene, we like to brush after breakfast, something that is much easier in the privacy of our room than in some public bathroom somewhere on the ship.

On Princess, you will be given a location to go to with your carry ons (after you eat breakfast, and brush your teeth)...according to your group color/number. Usually it's a lounge, Princess theater, dining room, etc. When your color tag (eg. Brown 3, Red 2, etc.) is to leave, an announcement is made ONLY in that location. It's called "silent disembarkation" and serves to discourage the old practice of just hanging around wherever -- often in places that impede others like stairwells.

Our flight home isn't until 8:00pm. We were hoping for a later disembarkation time. Our plan is to rent a car for the day and do a little sightseeing, but we don't need to get a super early start. Would love to get a 9:00am time.

Stewards are not supposed to leave cabins open for strangers to enter when you still have things in there. They should wait until your luggage is gone.

For our cruise last month, things were running behind during disembarkation. We ate breakfast in the dining room, went back to the room to gather our bags, then to another dining room to wait for our color to be called. We were not in a hurry to leave, but having to wait isn't fun either. We found out on a previous cruise that it's not smart to try to leave before your color is called. We saw a woman looking for her bags--but they had not been put out yet because her color had not been called. She had to wait in the terminal for those bags to be unloaded.

The deck you are on.

There will be a sheet delivered to your cabin with the deck/bag tag color and disembark times.

But if you want a specific time see the Passenger Services Desk a day or 2 before the end of the cruise.

I did not know that. I thought it had to do with whether you needed a flight at a certain time, or maybe if you were staying in the city that day etc.

The questionnaire asks if you have a flight and what time it is. So if you do have a flight, the assigned disembarkation time will be based on that information. If no flight, it does ask if you have a preferred time.

Even those with late flights will be off the ship by around 10 AM.

A few cruises ago DW and I had were just headed back to our cabin to grab our bags after eating breakfast. A couple came out of their cabin and saw us hurrying (It was about 5 minutes past 8am). The guy asked why we were in such a hurry, were we that anxious to get off of the ship? We stopped and explained that they need to read the disembarkation papers that they got the day before because one of those papers says that people need to vacate the cabin by 8am. They turned around really fast......we could see into their cabin thru the open door that they were a long way from being ready to leave. :D

Oh! Our flight isn't until 4pm. Everyone has to be off ship??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes you do. The next cruise passengers start boarding around noon and the ship needs to be cleared of all of the last cruise's passengers.

Edited by ar1950