-> ANTHEM: drink package discounts and other $$$ topics

Carol, sailing Allure in April.

Any information on any other drink package discounts for D or D+ or even onboard booking? Mom and I both get the 3 coupons, which is sufficient for us, but I look to buy the Refreshment package for DS14. At $26/day it's a lot of money. Did you see any discount offerings for that on your cruise?

Thanks for the information. Fair winds and following seas!

How much $ p/day is the Deluxe Beverage Package? Is there a limit on how many drinks p/day? Lastly, what is the max $ you can order p/drink, and are there a lot of drinks over the max $ you can order?

Price can vary by sailing, check your Cruise Planner for the price on your sailing.

No limit on number of drinks per day.

Max dollar amount is $12 or $13, and most all cocktails faill within the range of the package.

Price can vary by sailing, check your Cruise Planner for the price on your sailing.

No limit on number of drinks per day.

Max dollar amount is $12 or $13, and most all cocktails faill within the range of the package.

Thank you Clarea you guys seem to be the seasoned CC couple on the RCCL threads. I will be looking to forward to hearing from you guys in the future. We do not have any cruises booked as of yet going to do my homework before I book this time. I can say though that the Anthem and New England/ Canada sounds fun. I'm also looking into an Alaska cruisetour.

If you don't mind....when can you actually board the ship. It leaves port at 3 PM. Also where is priority boarding at this cruise port and do you think it made a difference? I am just curious. Thanks so much.

I cannot speak a lot about this, but what I can say is on Princess they have suggested times to board. However, they start boarding at 11am people who had a 2:30pm boarding time was on the ship by noon. I'm just not sure if RCCL enforces the boarding times? Also you said you have priority boarding at this port so find out when they start boarding sounds like you should be fine.

I'm hoping the Bar Manager is right about the discounts on the drink package! We board the Oasis on 2/19 and I would like to purchase onboard so I can apply the gift certificates I got for Christmas against the total with our 20% Diamond discount. Is there somewhere onboard we can get a print out of the discounts?

Sent from my ASUS MeMO Pad 7 using Forums mobile app

Can you post some photos of current bar menus? I've seen a bit of back-and-forth about whether not a large portion of wines/drinks are over the $12 maximum for drink packages, and that plays a HUGE role in whether we go with RC or NCL.

Thanks in advance -- and enjoy the remainder of your trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm hoping the Bar Manager is right about the discounts on the drink package! We board the Oasis on 2/19 and I would like to purchase onboard so I can apply the gift certificates I got for Christmas against the total with our 20% Diamond discount. Is there somewhere onboard we can get a print out of the discounts?

Sent from my ASUS MeMO Pad 7 using Forums mobile app

Those gift certificates are not redeemable on board. They must be redeemed well before your cruise either by applying them to your cruise fare (not in your case, since you are paid in full) or as OBC.

Until the 26th.

Thanks. :)

You will be getting off as we get on!!! Make sure you leave her in good shape.

Just thought of some more questions:

What about guest entertainers? Do you have a tribute band on board? What about bands in the music hall?

I know this can change from cruise to cruise but hoping that there are things to do after late seating dinner.

Thanks again.

Figured Carol will know this answer. Just lonely Diamond member , but under C&A list I don't see the certificate for free 8 X 10 photo that we have gotten in the past. Has that been dropped.

Only ask as that has been one of the best photos every taken.

Figured Carol will know this answer. Just lonely Diamond member , but under C&A list I don't see the certificate for free 8 X 10 photo that we have gotten in the past. Has that been dropped.

What C&A list are you seeing no photo?

I believe the free photo is still part of the Diamond (and above) coupons.

Wayne, the RC website doesn't list everything, by a long shot.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50334236&postcount=21

Curiosity compelled me to go into the store to check the price of NyQuil. :D. Then I just had to look at a few more.

A can of Pringles? $5.99 :eek:

:D

This leads us to another tip reminder. Go to the ship's store and notice how most of the items are stuff people usually need or crave....interesting. I've seen people buying those pringles too and all I think of is how much they are at walmart. We've brought a can or two with us in the past. That, and gummy bears.

Edited by johnjen

This leads us to another tip reminder. Go to the ship's store and notice how most of the items are stuff people usually need or crave....interesting. I've seen people buying those pringles too and all I think of is how much they are at walmart. We've brought a can or two with us in the past. That, and gummy bears.

Last week in the CVS in San Juan Pringles were on sale. Two for $3. :D