NCL Great Stirrup Cay question regarding Lagoon

Hello, I have read that NCL's private island is under renovation and that the Lagoon side will now be for Haven guests. Is the entire lagoon area reserved for Haven guests? Will others be allowed?? This is our favorite spot - secluded and beautiful and I will be so disappointed if we will no longer be able to have a day there!!

I certainly hope not. For me it's not so much about losing access, it is the fact that the more common space they dedicate to Haven, be it on the ship or the private island, the more crowded the remaining space for the "common folk" becomes.

That raises an interesting aside of whether there are any cruise ship statistics anywhere the show something like percentage of ship available to all passengers. Would be interesting to see how all of the cruise lines stack up.

We were there just a few weeks ago and they ran out of chairs for the holiday week cruise (breakaway). People were complaining it was like years ago before the expanded the island where if you didn't get an early tender you didn't get a seat.

We had read that the lagoon would be for Haven guests, those who booked spa packages in the lagoon and for those who bought a limited number of passes. Haven't seen details on the passes as to prices, numbers and who could buy.

the one and only time we went to GSC we went to the lagoon for teh seclusion. loved it. it is now only for haven guests and others who pay for it via spa appointments, passes, etc.

because it is so far down, im sure many Haven guests are just plunking down 2 feet from the tender boat (like so many others do) which then takes up the space for the "commoners". i betcha that Lagoon area is no where near full.

• 1 month later...

Just back from the Breakaway and a stop at GSC. The construction is ongoing at that end of the island and it is completely closed. Talking to a couple of the employees and they said that it is tentatively scheduled to be completed by around October, but they have been having problems with getting material on the island because of the weather and it may be delayed.

We had read that the lagoon would be for Haven guests, those who booked spa packages in the lagoon and for those who bought a limited number of passes. Haven't seen details on the passes as to prices, numbers and who could buy.

I read the same. It will be 3 groups (Haven/suite guests, those who buy an island Mandara spa service, those who buy a lagoon pass). There were delays all the way back to hurricane Mathew and I suspect even more delays since.

• 8 months later...

Who from NCL said last week about late December ??? (name, title & position) that they "thought" ...

take that with a big bucket of salt, especially if it's someone from the call center. Not a chance from what we can see in early November and nothing being reported by those with flip-flops on the beach since - it's fenced it and closed to all guests.

Even Spring/March of 2018 is - IMHO - in question.

Regardless, first challenge is for the NCL ship calling on the private island to successfully & safely tender ashore first.

• 4 weeks later...
I certainly hope not. For me it's not so much about losing access, it is the fact that the more common space they dedicate to Haven, be it on the ship or the private island, the more crowded the remaining space for the "common folk" becomes.

Excellent point.