2 Cruise rewards?

hockey1963

Can we use 2 Cruise rewards for one booking to make the price come down?

The general rule is that you are only allowed to use one CruiseNext reward per cabin per cruise. However, sometimes NCL does run a special that they allow you to use two rewards on one cabin. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was told last summer that if I bought 2 I could use them both as additional payment towards a cruise this spring that was already booked.

Use of two is a special promotion. May have been available last summer, but if you didn't book, too late now. Certificates are usually for new bookings only.

I am currently using 2 with no promo . I used one when I originally booked, then they were running a promo that you can use 2 during a certain time frame. Naturally my cruise booked was not during the time frame.. So I saw others posting here they used 2. So I tried again by doing it online as if I was making an additional payment on my NCL and it showed my other CruiseNext I clicked on it and it deducted my other $250.00... My new balance reflects the 2 rewards deduction of $500.00... My final payment is due next week... So hopefully there's no issues when I go to make my final payment. In my opinion you should be able to use them as you want to. If you're booking another cruise most people buy another CruiseNext on their new cruises... I personally will not , I'm not really into NCL any longer. That's why I was glad to get rid of both of mine hopefully at once.

As was explained, it's one per cabin unless they are running a promotion...supposedly. But, like others, I used two on both of the cruises I have booked. The Western Med sailing qualified for the promo, but I asked my TA too see if she could apply one to my Alaska cruise in June. Twenty minutes later, I received confirmation. So, sometimes even if your sailing doesn't qualify for the promo, you can use a second one. :D

The value of all unused certificates appear as a liability on NCL's balance sheet. When the certificates get used the liability disappears and their balance sheet gets better. So it is in their interest to encourage, and allow, people to use these, even when the promotion is not officially advertised.

(Of course, the exact opposite happens on the cash flow statement -- NCL is better off receiving actual cash than they are if they let someone use an extra certificate, assuming that the number of bookings is not affected by the ability to use previously purchased certificates. In reality it gets more complicated when marketing comes into play -- bookings may increase if potential passengers can use two rather than one certificate and reduce their actual cash fare.)

As was explained, it's one per cabin unless they are running a promotion...supposedly. But, like others, I used two on both of the cruises I have booked. The Western Med sailing qualified for the promo, but I asked my TA too see if she could apply one to my Alaska cruise in June. Twenty minutes later, I received confirmation. So, sometimes even if your sailing doesn't qualify for the promo, you can use a second one. :D

We did the same. Used 2 for our recently completed Hawaii cruise. It took a lot of back and forths with my pcc to get it done - and I ended up talking to the Cruisenext Dept., who did it with no problem. Just did it again for my Med. cruise- this time skipped pcc and called cruise next. Worth the phone call!

We did the same. Used 2 for our recently completed Hawaii cruise. It took a lot of back and forths with my pcc to get it done - and I ended up talking to the Cruisenext Dept., who did it with no problem. Just did it again for my Med. cruise- this time skipped pcc and called cruise next. Worth the phone call!

Your Med cruise is part of the promotion so that should have been an easy one. :D

Your Med cruise is part of the promotion so that should have been an easy one. :D

It was easy. Had to buy another certificate on my Hawaii cruise (actually bought 4!!) and then called to have it (it was the second for my cabin) applied to my Med. cruise.

If you intend to cruise before March 31, 2017, currently there is a promotion you can use two and it isn't just for Europe cruises. We used two rewards for our cruise this March on the Breakaway. Hope this helps.

I am sailing Gem on Wed18th and I used two---one approved by our PCC and one approved by her Supervisor--NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER!!

Remember to Book before March 31,2017- that is the final day as of now.

Plan to buy 2 or 4 more onboard.

If you intend to cruise before March 31, 2017, currently there is a promotion you can use two and it isn't just for Europe cruises. We used two rewards for our cruise this March on the Breakaway. Hope this helps.

I called 3 x times they told me no the rules have changed since October only 1 per cruise and I bought mine in December.

This is what some of us are talking about--that they aren't necessarily adhering to the promotion you're referencing. I'm not sailing until June, but I was able to use two certificates on my June cruise. There was a thread a few weeks ago where many of us reported being able to use two FCCs on cruises that are sailing after the March 31 deadline.

I called 3 x times they told me no the rules have changed since October only 1 per cruise and I bought mine in December.

That happened the first time I called they said you could only use two rewards if you were sailing to Europe so I called back and spoke with someone else who said as long as you are sailing by March 31st you can use two. I guess it's the luck of the draw but I would call again and speak with someone else.

When I called NCL reservations I got a "No" answer that the promotion didn't apply to my sail date. I called CruiseNext and sent an email ,received a "No" from them as well... So saw here on Cruise Critic that someone suggested to just go online through myNCL and try to apply a 2nd reward and I did . It worked received a confirmation showing the 2 rewards deducted.

When I called NCL reservations I got a "No" answer that the promotion didn't apply to my sail date. I called CruiseNext and sent an email ,received a "No" from them as well... So saw here on Cruise Critic that someone suggested to just go online through myNCL and try to apply a 2nd reward and I did . It worked received a confirmation showing the 2 rewards deducted.

So....you could actually purchase 4 rewards ($1000 face value), only pay $500 since they credit your on board account $500 then use all 4 on a single cruise through this method and get $1000 paid for $500? Wonder how many you can use before it won't accept the cruise credit as payment?

So....you could actually purchase 4 rewards ($1000 face value), only pay $500 since they credit your on board account $500 then use all 4 on a single cruise through this method and get $1000 paid for $500? Wonder how many you can use before it won't accept the cruise credit as payment?

Your guess would be as good as mine. That wasn't my scenario. I just used 2.

Been there. Tried that. I used one for my Escape cruise. Later I was messing with my account online and was shocked I got another to be applied towards payment. No luck on a third!

Since you all were so insistent, I went online and was able to do it as well. Nice catch guys.