Shocking Upgrade on Harmony of the Seas[emoji15]

hhintz

I would inquire about double points anyway. Doesn't cost you anything to inquire.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am confused. You KNOW that double points are not received on free upgrades, but you want to suggest they try for it anyways? Yet on the other hand, you are so adamant about people arriving at the time scheduled for their deck. Which is it? Follow the rules or only the ones you choose? Curious! :confused:

I am confused. You KNOW that double points are not received on free upgrades, but you want to suggest they try for it anyways? Yet on the other hand, you are so adamant about people arriving at the time scheduled for their deck. Which is it? Follow the rules or only the ones you choose? Curious! :confused:

Well said. ;)

There are NO double points for the OP. What do you have to lose, lets see, time, energy etc. Can't understand why someone would give that advise when the double points will not happen?....:rolleyes: By the way nice upgrade! Edited by Thetrail

Absolutely not.... that is not my position at all...

I see humor in those that hold some things all and mighty that are convenient to them but brush off things that are not.

I know MANY really want to know what OP's status might be. God forbid they are not PC or Diamond. I can just see some fuming over it.

I could care less what their status might be, I am just happy for the OP for getting a nice upgrade.... and a phone call is free (double points) and what does it matter, it is not a waste of your time (not directed at anyone in particular) even if they are told NO. I have read posts where people have been awarded points for a upgrade to JS+. Not everything Royal does makes sense.

Edited by troykahack

....unless RCI IT screws up and gives it to you anyway.

That certainly does happen from time to time.

...and then becomes fodder for a new thread when months later they remove the extra points. :D

Edited by Big_G

We arrived at port this morning excited to take our first sail on Harmony of the Seas. If it wasn't exciting enough just to be on the ship when we checked in, we were told we were upgraded to a GRAND SUITE! No idea how or why, but we will take it!

Congrrats! That's a huge upgrade. For FREE!!!

Good for you. Enjoy every moment.

Harmony next week is completely sold out. Not sure how it was this week but if that's any indication maybe they overbooked something... I'm hoping for the same kind of upgrade next week!

My OA cruise for next week AND my Serenade cruise date for next

month have been showing sold out for weeks. No upgrade hopes

for me :(...so far anyway. ;)

The best thing is to always book the cabin you can live with...and

wish for a visit from the upgrade fairy. It's fun to dream. :)

Edited by island lady

Congrats!! We were offered a mystery upgrade on the Quantum in 2015. Got random phone call one day from a rep at the online cruise site we booked through. We had booked 4 of us in one room, they offered us an adjoining room so we could sleep two and two...at no additional cost. Sweet!!

We are happy..... we book the cabin we choose to have. If Royal would like to upgrade us to a OS or RS, we would be so happy too...

I'm happy that your happy but I was referring to the detour this thread was taking. :D

Congrats!! We were offered a mystery upgrade on the Quantum in 2015. Got random phone call one day from a rep at the online cruise site we booked through. We had booked 4 of us in one room, they offered us an adjoining room so we could sleep two and two...at no additional cost. Sweet!!

That really is sweet! Congratulations!

Now THAT is a fabulous gift!!!! :)

So, did you get points for both cabins??

Yes, I get it now. It was 4 people in one cabin for 4 pts total (one ea) and same pts if they are 2 & 2.

However, I was wondering if the adjoining stateroom was given for free, then maybe the 2 in the free room won't get any points?

Edited by clarea