Richard Joseph

Pam in CA

Those of you who have had Richard Joseph as a Cruise Director know he's the best. He just announced that he has left Princess and is now Cruise Director on Celebrity. Princess's loss is Celebrity's gain. I'm so glad I was able to have lunch with him in December and spend time with him.

Those of you who have had Richard Joseph as a Cruise Director know he's the best. He just announced that he has left Princess and is now Cruise Director on Celebrity. Princess's loss is Celebrity's gain. I'm so glad I was able to have lunch with him in December and spend time with him.

What happened to Australia? Or was that someone else?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think he was formerly with Celebrity.

They jump around a lot. The CD we had on Crystal had formerly been on Disney as CD. Go figure. One person in my group recognized him from that and that was the only person who had said they remember him/knew him from that stint :).

Look's like Richard just did not care to become an ED. While planning, scheduling and training were his forte, he did enjoy mingling with the passengers.

He will be sorely missed - and I suspect he won't be the last to jump to another line...

Look's like Richard just did not care to become an ED. While planning, scheduling and training were his forte, he did enjoy mingling with the passengers.

He will be sorely missed - and I suspect he won't be the last to jump to another line...

Princess has lost some great Naturalists (in Alaska) to other lines.

He was very memorable, and well some of them just aren't!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I liked him because he didn't come across as fake. He seemed like a truly nice person. On one of our cruises - he went above and beyond what any other CD had done. Truly a gentleman.

I liked him because he didn't come across as fake. He seemed like a truly nice person.

That was my feeling. Plus he was the first CD where I thought the person on the job actually added to our enjoyment of the cruise.

Jim

he just posted it was an old business card and 1 day late on a throw back Thursday joke....

He's not going any where.... He LOVES Princess!

Thank goodness for all of us who love him!

He is one of the best CD's and a great supporter of CC. Hope you are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad to hear he not going anywhere..

The last couple of years I think he's been mostly on the Island or Coral, but did get to sail with him several years ago on the Star, and certainly appreciated his abilities.

Srpilo

Hey Pam - how I enjoyed our lunch on my last cruise on IP - so wonderful to sail with you again. What a fun table that was with some of my very best CC friends.

Sorry for the mis-information, that is what happens when you are in the middle of a post and your family rushes you out of the house for a Home Depot run. When i'm on vacation I never carry my phone (or wear a watch!) so I did not know the reaction my business card post was getting. As soon as I realized what I did I corrected the post - blast from the past!

As I have said so many times, Princess Cruises in addition to having an amazing product for our guests is the employer of choice for us "shippies" - while I loved working for Celebrity in the day, no one treats their crew like Princess, and I am certain when I finally do leave Princess, it will be the end of the sea-going side of my career.

PLUS I WOULD'NT GET TO SEE ALL MY GREAT FRIENDS LIKE YOU AND SO MANY MORE!!! I am staying put and as we say in New England..... am WICKED PSYCHED for my new role as Entertainment Director.

All the best for an amazing 2017!

Rich

Edited by RJCD800

Thanks for your post Richard. I sailed with you on the Star in 2009 from San Fran to Sydney, and you made everything fun. Only other person who has done that is Micca on the CB in November, and I see you both are friends!

Hope to sail with you onboard in the future!

See Rich. A lot of people care about you! (Now I can quit searching the Celebrity cruise schedule!)

However, you have to promise that as ED you will get out from that office and mingle with us on a regular basis!

Happy New Year!