Wine Store Near Port Canaveral

tootsie7

Looking for a wine store near the port before we board the ship with a decent selection.

There's an ABC and Publix a couple of miles down Atlantic Ave.

If you want an even larger selection, there's a Total Wine in Viera, but that will be about 20-30 minutes away.

Edited by clarea

If you are traveling east on 528, take the first Merritt Island exit (SR 3 Courtenay Pkwy) and head south. About a mile or so down the road on your left, you'll find Island Liquors in a Publix grocery store plaza. The Publix also sells wine. Another half mile south and you'll find a Target and Walgreens on your right. Plenty of places to buy wine and not have to deal with beach traffic on cruise turnaround day!

Closer to the port, as Bob mentioned, is the Publix grocery store and ABC

Fine Wine and Liquor store.

ABC will have a larger selection, better pricing, and is closer. On A1A

(Atlantic Avenue) from the port, go south about 2-3 miles and you will

see the ABC store on your left side (east side). Publix is

down another mile and will be on your right.

Edited by island lady

The ABC store mentioned would have a bit more selection than Publix, but Publix has a pretty nice selection. There is a Publix right off of 528 (exit 45 Clearlake Rd) before you get to Merritt Island... very easy on and off 528.

If you want to map it... 2301 FL-524 #150, Cocoa, FL 32926

If you are traveling east on 528, take the first Merritt Island exit (SR 3 Courtenay Pkwy) and head south. About a mile or so down the road on your left, you'll find Island Liquors in a Publix grocery store plaza. The Publix also sells wine. Another half mile south and you'll find a Target and Walgreens on your right. Plenty of places to buy wine and not have to deal with beach traffic on cruise turnaround day!

Thanks for reminding me about that option, sounds pretty easy.

We are staying at Best Western in Cocoa Beach. Is the ABC wine store or Publix close enough to walk to? Or should we get a taxi or Uber to go? :cool:

The ABC Liqour store is about 1/4 mile (four blocks or so) north of the Best Western on the same side of the street. I'm not sure if there is a sidewalk the entire stretch so take care if you decide to walk. There is also a Publix directly across the street from the Best Western in case you want to pick up some last minute snacks or water.

We are staying at Best Western in Cocoa Beach. Is the ABC wine store or Publix close enough to walk to? Or should we get a taxi or Uber to go? :cool:

If you want to see where the store is on a map, you can Google "ABC Liquors Cape Canaveral".

Thanks pstone for your quick response. Good to know there is one with in walking distance and on the same side of the street. We will check out Google maps and see where it is located, also a restaurant for dinner.

Edited by jjtt

Thanks everyone for your response. I think I will call ABC to see if they carry the wine I like.

They are pretty good about having it boxed and ready for you

to pick up also.

Enjoy your cruise....and your wine!! :D

Edited by island lady

Thanks pstone for your quick response. Good to know there is one with in walking distance and on the same side of the street. We will check out Google maps and see where it is located, also a restaurant for dinner.

Two restaurants near the port that are good are Fish Lips and Grills. I prefer Fish Lips. They have fresh fish daily as well as other seafood and non seafood.