Silhouette question

jwitt2

We will be in a regular balcony cabin on the Silhouette for 2 weeks. Does anyone know if the couch can be moved out from the wall or is it attached? Could not fit my suitcase under the bed on the Grandeur of the Seas, so asked the steward about storing the luggage and she moved couch away from the wall and we put all of our luggage and shopping bags there. There have been sheets, blankets and drawers taking up room under the bed at times. The luggage passes airline requirements, but we are driving. As an Elite, I don't understand what sounds like free laundry benefit, have not used it. Might be able to pack less if I knew I could have some things washed for free.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

We were able to fit some pretty large suitcases under the bed. I cannot answer the question about moving the couch. My concern is that there is usually little room to begin with in terms of making it to the bathroom. Maybe someone else will answer that question.

Being Elites, you should each get a coupon for 30 items for a wash and fold. You put the items in a bag and complete an order form. You should also get a coupon for a dry clean and ironing. We have taken advantage of the wash and it has worked out just fine.

We've never had a problem storing luggage under the bed. If it is too deep to go under the frame you can either lift the bed enough to slide it in, or open the suitcase which makes it less deep.

And when the suitcase is open, it makes a great place to put your dirty laundry and store shoes!

As mentioned, as ELite you will each recieve 1bag of wash & fold laundry. It is a great benefit but just a word if caution do not put any delicate items, items that could fade or run in the laundry. Everything is washed in hot water.

We find the laundry great for workout clothes, jeans, t-shirts, socks & DHs undies & hankies.

• 2 weeks later...