Printing out airline boarding passes

elapel01

If flying with Southwest, checking in early or late has consequences. But for a few dollars one can handle this in advance with Early Bird Check In. But with most other airlines there is really no advantage to checking in early..or printing out boarding passes. You can simply wait until you get to the airport and use an automated kiosk to check-in and print out boarding passes. And you do not even have to bother doing any of that if you prefer to use the curbside check-in or wait in the normal line inside.

Hank

That was very nice of you. As you say it was very quick and only took a couple of minutes. We were not fortunate enough to run into you (but hopefully on another cruise!) and only had the advice of the staff on which to rely, so relunctantly coughed up the required $25 for - again - a process that was quick and only took a couple of minutes. So why does Celebrity need you to purchase an hour of internet time at $25 when 5-10 minutes would be more than enough?

Can the complimentary 90 minutes of internet access by used throughout the cruise or is it for 90 consecutive minutes of access? I ask this because we are flying Southwest and will be at sea on our check-in day. This is our first Celebrity cruise and the other line we have cruised with allows free computer access for airline check-in and perusing the cruise line website.

Edited by NemoCrownie

Can the complimentary 90 minutes of internet access by used throughout the cruise or is it for 90 consecutive minutes of access? I ask this because we are flying Southwest and will be at sea on our check-in day. This is our first Celebrity cruise and the other line we have cruised with allows free computer access for airline check-in and perusing the cruise line website.

Can be used throughout the cruise. You have to remember to "logout" after each time you use it or the meter keeps running.

Whatever printer you use to print out your boarding pass, just make sure you double check it. I printed ours on our son's inkjet printer. When I got to the airport, I noticed after checking our luggage that the printer left off the "TSA Pre-Check" line.

We usually fly Southwest and need to check in 24 hours in advance to get a decent number in the que to board. Since we don't usually sign up for Internet access, I usually ask our daughter to check in for us and she emails the boarding pass to us which I will access on my iPhone when we disembark.

That is a great idea!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Equinox. Seems Celebrity has improved this. On the last day, they now offer 20 minutes of internet time for $10, for checking-in and printing boarding passes. One word of advice - if possible use the computer in the iLounge when it is staffed (not when they are away on break from 5pm-7pm), because the printer refused to work while we were there, and fortunately two of the staff managed to get it working again before our 20 minutes ran out.

I too have been approved for tsa pre check but beware it is not guaranteed that you will get tsa pre check on every flight every time you fly. I was shocked to find this out on my last flight (returning from a cruise on a very tight schedule to catch my flight). I asked tsa at the airport and the supervisor informed me that you will be "randomly selected"to NOT GET TSA PRE CHECK regardless of having paid for tsa pre check, global entry and nexus. They told me one out of every 10 flights I take will probably not be tsa pre check. I was shocked to learn this as I was never told this during the vetting or interview process. Just thought this info might help others.

I really don't want to have to go to that room because it will probably be busy but I have to pick out our seats. Plus we have Nexus card with pre-approved TSA so when I print out our boarding pass it will show a box with TSA approval and then we can use the short line at security in the airport. We have to show them our boarding pass with that on it though.

I too have been approved for tsa pre check but beware it is not guaranteed that you will get tsa pre check on every flight every time you fly. I was shocked to find this out on my last flight (returning from a cruise on a very tight schedule to catch my flight). I asked tsa at the airport and the supervisor informed me that you will be "randomly selected"to NOT GET TSA PRE CHECK regardless of having paid for tsa pre check, global entry and nexus. They told me one out of every 10 flights I take will probably not be tsa pre check. I was shocked to learn this as I was never told this during the vetting or interview process. Just thought this info might help others.

This is a standard part of the program and was explained in the literature when you signed up.

Please note, you will need to use "free minutes" or purchase internet time to print the passes.

And for those without free minutes or who did not purchase the expensive unlimited Internet for the cruise, it will be a costly thing even to just check in without printing the boarding passes.

With paying by the minute no longer being offered, the minimum cost to sign on is $24.95 which allows one hour of continuous use.

Or do they offer any last day special at low cost just so people can check-in for their flights?

And for those without free minutes or who did not purchase the expensive unlimited Internet for the cruise, it will be a costly thing even to just check in without printing the boarding passes.

With paying by the minute no longer being offered, the minimum cost to sign on is $24.95 which allows one hour of continuous use.

Or do they offer any last day special at low cost just so people can check-in for their flights?

Yes, they now offer 20 minutes on the last day, so you can check-in and print your boarding passes. It's just $10.

You may want to plan to do so when the iLounge is staffed. When we were trying to print our boarding passes (just a few days ago), the printer went down. Thank goodness 2 staff members were there, and were able to get the printer working again before our 20 minutes expired. The staff take a break between 5pm-7pm, so plan accordingly.

We have never been prescreened or signed up for TSA pre check and on our last two flights out of JFK to PBI we were randomly selected. Go figure. Also if you fly with JetBlue you can down load their app to your phone and check in when the ship docks in the morning using your phone providers service. You don't have to print a boarding pass you can just use the app to get through TSA and board the flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums