Bringing food aboard?

BonusMom

I looked all over Carnival's website and I can find the rules / regulations for bringing drinks and alcohol aboard, but what about food? We will be going on a cruise to celebrate my son's high school graduation and I would like to bake him cookies or something for the room. I know I can order a cake or something, but I MUCH prefer home made :) Also - my toddler daughter has certain snacks she really likes and I normally bring those along when we travel. Any one have any experience with this?

From Carnivals FAQ:

Food Items must be pre-packaged and unopened; homemade items or pre-cooked foods will not be permitted onboard. Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention. We are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items.

Here is the link to Carnivals FAQ regarding prohibited items. The above information is located near the end of the list under exemptions.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261/kw/prohibited%20items/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ4NDU5MTU3NC9zaWQvZlVYQ3lBY1FwSlhJb1VMR0xOZ0FPbV9SM3RMb05FdWtpbkhNQnZQeU5NbVZUNU10d3RHTTd0M1NtdkxnNW96R2lhdG1CSSU3RXlxUk5VNVB3WEFaemplcUpMV081ZHRrX05FRFhlMnFVV3lLZk9HRXU2WEhpYmZ0MFElMjElMjE%3D

I looked all over Carnival's website and I can find the rules / regulations for bringing drinks and alcohol aboard, but what about food? We will be going on a cruise to celebrate my son's high school graduation and I would like to bake him cookies or something for the room. I know I can order a cake or something, but I MUCH prefer home made :) Also - my toddler daughter has certain snacks she really likes and I normally bring those along when we travel. Any one have any experience with this?

Will you be driving or flying to the home port? Packing baked goods for the trip will be the biggest concern. Obviously, cookies would be more durable than cake, especially if you're flying. You could transport either in a tin, but then you've got the tin to bring back home. A corrugated cardboard box would be the next best thing. Then you could throw the box away when finished. I know you said you'd prefer to have something homemade, but I can tell you from experience, the cookies and cake made by Carnival are pretty good. ;) Before deciding, a call to Carnival might be a good idea.

Edited by beachbum53

You CAN bring food on, but unless it's pre=packaged, you won't be able to take it off again...but no worries....I'm sure it will all be eaten before the end of the cruise!

this is not what the rules state. you can only bring pre-packaged , unopened food. anything homemade is not allowed

We had no problem bringing on packaged snacks for my daughter who is gluten-free. All were prepackaged and in unopened containers-snack crackers, nutrition bars, individual cereal boxes. We also brought small containers of almond milk. The rules state all food must be prepackaged and unopened. No home-baked items. Did not try bringing food back on the ship from a port.

Does anyone know if we hit up a bakery (or another good sweetness shop) in a port can you bring goodies back on board? It would be in a shop bag showing it was purchased locally but just wondered. Thanks!

Yes in Grand Cayman we got jerk chicken with sides to go & hit up a DQ (Diary Queen) for Blizzards, walked onto Vista with all items no issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Thanks for letting me know how much pp, soda can be brought on, ONLY by carry-on.

I have bought from "local" bakeries before, and put the pastries in my (I know it doesn't sound good) big luggage and when I got home, it was fine, and STILL tasted good.