Bought a Spec. Dining Package how the heck do you make reservations ??

dgparent

I have looked all over on the X site, if you buy a Spec. Dining package how do you actually make the reservations ??? I am hoping it can be done online.

You have to call I think. Plus, you can only book the first dinner. The rest must be booked after you board. One of the reasons I dislike this approach. (Last time we did this was a while ago so maybe something has changed)

You have to call I think. Plus, you can only book the first dinner. The rest must be booked after you board. One of the reasons I dislike this approach. (Last time we did this was a while ago so maybe something has changed)

UGGGH :( I was afraid it would be something like that. Can we do that right in Michael's Club when we board ?

Thanks for your help.

UGGGH :( I was afraid it would be something like that. Can we do that right in Michael's Club when we board ?

Thanks for your help.

If you are in a suite that allows entry to Michael's, you can book just about anything you want there. You can also tell your shore side concierge what you would like before you board.:):)

If you are in a suite that allows entry to Michael's, you can book just about anything you want there. You can also tell your shore side concierge what you would like before you board.:):)

If I'm not mistaken the Shore Conciegre is only for Penthouse, Royal and possibly Signature suites. But you can make the reservations in Michaels Club or with one of the staff booking dining reservations as you get on the ship.

Celebrity Suites also includes Concierge and they will do it for you. If they don't reach out then just do a search here and you can find email. Also, we have never had any problem getting in, once on ship, especially if in Suite, but if you Have to Have specific time and day, then use shoreside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

We were contacted by the shoreside concierge last week on our minibar preferences and reading the list of services provided (which included dining reservations at specialty restaurants), I had requested for a reservation to be made on Valentines Day for DH and I. It's been a week and we haven't heard anything from her. Is this typical in that it will all be as it is when we board or should we chase? This is the first time we have had access to the shoreside concierge so don't really know what to expect.

I have looked all over on the X site, if you buy a Spec. Dining package how do you actually make the reservations ??? I am hoping it can be done online.

Easiest answer to your question would be available from the Captain's Club by simply calling them.........I have always found the people at that number to be both extremely knowledgable and helpful. Have your CC number handy or they will find it for you if you ask them.

Also, we usually only dine in the specialty venues when the menu in the MDR is not to our liking. Others have said that on day one/two that the Purser's desk will have menus for the entire cruise available for you to then plan when you want to go to those other venues and have the best of both dining experiences IMHO. You can easily make reservations on Celebrity either on your interactive TV or by simply walking by the restaurant when someone is there and they will enter it into their system............really easy and the way I usually do it.

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

We booked the five night package a while ago for our cruise a couple of weeks back, and made online reservation for the first night. When we boarded we went to the guy selling the packages to book the remainder and our booking wasn't showing anyway ! We booked them all then as we wanted to be sure we got the times we wanted. Incidentally, the four night package on the new system is the best value !

We were contacted by the shoreside concierge last week on our minibar preferences and reading the list of services provided (which included dining reservations at specialty restaurants), I had requested for a reservation to be made on Valentines Day for DH and I. It's been a week and we haven't heard anything from her. Is this typical in that it will all be as it is when we board or should we chase? This is the first time we have had access to the shoreside concierge so don't really know what to expect.

Are you a Royal Suite or above that include the Specialty Dining without an extra charge?

If yes I would think they have made your reservation. They made my reservations as requested without a confirmation.

If not and your charge card has not been charged I would think you do not have a reservation.

If I'm not mistaken the Shore Conciegre is only for Penthouse, Royal and possibly Signature suites. But you can make the reservations in Michaels Club or with one of the staff booking dining reservations as you get on the ship.

You may be correct, but we always book the RS, which of course include the shore side concierge.:)

Are you a Royal Suite or above that include the Specialty Dining without an extra charge?

If yes I would think they have made your reservation. They made my reservations as requested without a confirmation.

Yes we are, so specialty dining is included among the cabin perks. Otherwise we would have made them via the Cruise Planner. Thanks for the reassurance - still no confirmation from them so we will just wait and see!

Yes we are, so specialty dining is included among the cabin perks. Otherwise we would have made them via the Cruise Planner. Thanks for the reassurance - still no confirmation from them so we will just wait and see!

I would recommend you make a reservation on most days at the time you desire. You can cancel the ones that you do not want when you are on the ship.

Enjoy the RS.

Edited by jagoffee

I would recommend you make a reservation on most days at the time you desire. You can cancel the ones that you do not want when you are on the ship.

Enjoy the RS.

Good tip, thanks! Will look at the schedule again - we haven't really been focusing on the vacation as we have been so busy at work and at home (year end closing, audit begins, school re-opens, and then we have Christmas, New Year and Lunar New Year holidays in a span of 5.5 weeks). We certainly hope to enjoy our cabin - we had the RS up until yesterday, when we paid the difference to upgrade to the PH. Can't wait!

..............Incidentally, the four night package on the new system is the best value !

Not correct - The cheapest is the 14 night package at $24pp whilst the 4 night package is $31pp. It is a sliding scale the more nights you buy the cheaper the nightly rate

The UDP was $29pp but it included free access to lunch at the Bistro / Porch depending on the ship.

Booking online only allows you to choose the first night venue and time, the rest you book when you get onboard. If you don't like what's on offer when you get onboard you can always cancel for a full refund.

Edited by mickey89

Good tip, thanks! Will look at the schedule again - we haven't really been focusing on the vacation as we have been so busy at work and at home (year end closing, audit begins, school re-opens, and then we have Christmas, New Year and Lunar New Year holidays in a span of 5.5 weeks). We certainly hope to enjoy our cabin - we had the RS up until yesterday, when we paid the difference to upgrade to the PH. Can't wait!

Even better. Enjoy your PH.

Our last cruise we were able to get a great deal on a Royal Suite. The shoreside Conceirge was the one that suggested we make reservation just in case. When we were on board we asked for a print out of all the Luminae menus for the 15 days. We decided which nights we wanted to dine in Luminae and then cancelled the Specialty restaurant reservation that we did not need. This was on the Reflection and except for Luminae the other restaurants were not full.

• 10 months later...

Agree - this is very confusing and no information to be found on Celebrity website (needs a FAQ at least). Called support and confirmed that the advance online purchase guarantees you a reservation for any of the specialty restaurants for the # of night you purchased. Selection of the specific nights and restaurants can not be done until you board (but again, you are guaranteed a table for the night at one of the specialty restaurants). The selection you're required to make at time of purchasing the package is just a "placeholder" for the booking (is what I was told).

Agree - this is very confusing and no information to be found on Celebrity website (needs a FAQ at least). Called support and confirmed that the advance online purchase guarantees you a reservation for any of the specialty restaurants for the # of night you purchased. Selection of the specific nights and restaurants can not be done until you board (but again, you are guaranteed a table for the night at one of the specialty restaurants). The selection you're required to make at time of purchasing the package is just a "placeholder" for the booking (is what I was told).

This is the current description on the public website. This or similar language has appeared every time I've looked at specialty dining for the past several years.

When booking your package, you will select a time for your dinner the first night in a specialty restaurant we've selected for you. Upon embarkation, you will be contacted by one of our Maitre D's to arrange the rest of your reservations. Or, you could simply go to one of our specialty restaurant reservation desks to reserve the rest. Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least four days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date.

And this is how it's worded on the cruise planner where you can book the package:

Book Your Specialty Dining Package Now

Select your dining party and your preferred dining time and a courtesy dinner reservation will be made on your behalf for Day 1 or Day 2. On Day 1, If you would like to amend or to complete your additional dinner reservations, simply visit one of our Specialty Restaurant Reservation Desks. Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding. Specialty Dining Packages and restaurant reservations are based on availability and may not be available on every voyage.