Adventure Ocean Potty Training

Jennilee17

My almost three year old is in the middle of potty training. We have been working on this for a while. It will be a miracle if she is potty trained by the time of our cruise. She will be 3 on the cruise and old enough to go to adventure ocean with her 5 year old sister. Will they accept her if she is still in pull ups?

They will, unless she's having many "accidents"...just keep working on it. Kids do amazing things if they have incentive to do so!

I haven't sailed RC, but their official regulations state:

"All children participating in Adventure Ocean activities are required to be 3 years of age, 100% toilet trained and diaper and pull-up free."

NCL will allow children in diapers to participate as long as a parent stays onboard and takes a beeper so they can change the child in case of an emergency.

Carnival and Cunard will also allow children who are in diapers or pull ups to participate in their kids club programs. Cunard will change diapers according to their website, and Carnival's website states they will change diapers for children aged 2-3, and give parents a beeper for kids older than 3 (I've only read on cruise critic that Carnival changes diapers, but I am reposting the information from their website here in case they adhere to this policy.)

My almost three year old is in the middle of potty training. We have been working on this for a while. It will be a miracle if she is potty trained by the time of our cruise. She will be 3 on the cruise and old enough to go to adventure ocean with her 5 year old sister. Will they accept her if she is still in pull ups?

We're facing this exact same situation...Our GS will be 37 months and not sure he'll be "100%" by our March cruise....He's been in the Royal Nursery when he was younger but was hoping he would be able to now do AO.

Maybe we will get lucky and she will be fully potty trained by then. She has some other issues that have made potty training harder! Hopefully they will be understanding and let her go with her sister!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jennilee17

What's considered fully trained? My little guy just turned 3 on Dec 30.... dec 31st I told him he was three and no more diapers. He's been doing incredibly well with no accidents at all for the past week. However, he has trouble getting up on the toilet and pulling his underwear and pants back up. Will they assist with this? Maybe he will do it himself in the next month [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What's considered fully trained? My little guy just turned 3 on Dec 30.... dec 31st I told him he was three and no more diapers. He's been doing incredibly well with no accidents at all for the past week. However, he has trouble getting up on the toilet and pulling his underwear and pants back up. Will they assist with this? Maybe he will do it himself in the next month [emoji23]

They are not permitted to assist in any way.

Maybe we will get lucky and she will be fully potty trained by then. She has some other issues that have made potty training harder! Hopefully they will be understanding and let her go with her sister!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she falls under "special needs" they will make exceptions. Contact the special needs department before you sail.

What's considered fully trained? My little guy just turned 3 on Dec 30.... dec 31st I told him he was three and no more diapers. He's been doing incredibly well with no accidents at all for the past week. However, he has trouble getting up on the toilet and pulling his underwear and pants back up. Will they assist with this? Maybe he will do it himself in the next month

You should make sure all of his clothing is really easy to put on and off (this is easier in hot climates, but means shorts with elastic waistbands, no buttons/zippers. At home, it would mean sweatpants instead of jeans if you are in a cold climate.

Can anyone who has sailed RC comment on whether or not they have full size toilets? The potties in the kids club on Princess are child sized, and might solve your concerns about him getting up on the toilet independently.

Didn't even think of him being in shorts. We're way up in Northern Canada so definitely wearing layers. Shorts would be a breeze. We will practice until then.

I called Royal and they are child sized toilets, which helps a ton. :D

• 4 weeks later...
They will, unless she's having many "accidents"...just keep working on it. Kids do amazing things if they have incentive to do so!

RCCL will not take a child in Pull-ups. You child must be full potty trained to go to adventure ocean....... HOWEVER, if they are in underwear and don't have many accidents then they will be ok. When we went with our 3 year old they gave us a cell phone and when he had 2 accidents, they called us and changed him to a pair of Royal Caribbean shorts. He was in the program all week. Good luck and I hope you are able to get your little one in the program they love it and talk about it all the time. They (ages 10,5,4) are very excited for our 13 day cruise in April.

You should make sure all of his clothing is really easy to put on and off (this is easier in hot climates, but means shorts with elastic waistbands, no buttons/zippers. At home, it would mean sweatpants instead of jeans if you are in a cold climate.

Can anyone who has sailed RC comment on whether or not they have full size toilets? The potties in the kids club on Princess are child sized, and might solve your concerns about him getting up on the toilet independently.

The ones I saw were smaller than the normal ones but still big. They might have a smaller one in the little kids room. the other one was used by teens too.