Bringing Flowers On Board? Apparently No Longer Allowed

Latitude Adjustment

Our cruise falls during the week of Valentine's Day and I was planning on bringing on board a dozen roses from our port city Ft. Lauderdale. I called Celebrity to discuss and they told me flowers are no longer allowed to be brought on board from any port anywhere. I find this odd as there seems to be some other posters that brought on flowers over the course of the last year. Anyone have any other information regarding this issue?

Our cruise falls during the week of Valentine's Day and I was planning on bringing on board a dozen roses from our port city Ft. Lauderdale. I called Celebrity to discuss and they told me flowers are no longer allowed to be brought on board from any port anywhere. I find this odd as there seems to be some other posters that brought on flowers over the course of the last year. Anyone have any other information regarding this issue?

Hmmm... this is new to us. We brought aboard a beautiful bundle of flowers from the Pike Place Market in Seattle while aboard the Infinity last year. Gave them to our butler and he brought back a great arrangement and we enjoyed them for the remainder of the cruise!

I'm interested to see what others have encountered...

We took a huge bouquet of flower on board Equinox - boarded 19 December 2016 - many people commented during embarkation but no one even suggested that we could not do this. Our butler arranged them in two vases.

I suggest that this is just another example of the shore-side representatives not knowing the correct situation.

Keen to know if the rules have changed. I've been bringing flowers on board for years (most recently in Amsterdam last summer).

I certainly hope the policy hasn't changed as I plan to do the same thing in March from Miami.

Cc should start a policy you cant start a threads with a post that contains the words "i called celebrity", "customer care Said" or anything similar.

One could make a strong case for also banning any thread starting with "the celebrity web site says..."

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Maybe they are trying to encourage you to purchase flowers from them! ;)

Maybe they are trying to encourage you to purchase flowers from them! ;)

My thought exactly. The OP is sailing over Valentine's Day. I am sure Celebrity sees the passengers on that cruise as a captive audience for flowers that they can sell.

cc should start a policy you cant start a threads with a post that contains the words "i called celebrity", "customer care said" or anything similar.

One could make a strong case for also banning any thread starting with "the celebrity web site says..."

sent from my ipad using forums mobile app

[emoji175][emoji171][emoji175]

Boy are you right!

Edited by chamima

Hmmm... this is new to us. We brought aboard a beautiful bundle of flowers from the Pike Place Market in Seattle while aboard the Infinity last year. Gave them to our butler and he brought back a great arrangement and we enjoyed them for the remainder of the cruise!

I'm interested to see what others have encountered...

That is exactly the thought I had when I read this post ... Pikes Market flowers!

I am kind of seeing it, though. Do you think that pax have brought flowers onboard from the ports and infested the cabins with bugs. Maybe that is completely inaccurate but it has been my thought for years. I suppose you can also bring your luggage onboard with all sorts of bed bugs living in those pieces but the cruise line ultimately gets blamed for it. Just a thought! :confused:

Cc should start a policy you cant start a threads with a post that contains the words "i called celebrity", "customer care Said" or anything similar.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Seriously?? :confused:

Hello,

The "official" Celebrity Cruises poster previously posted the below quoted information, so hopefully they will respond to this thread, and advise if there has been a change in policy...

Fresh cut flowers can be brought onboard our vessels by guests in all U.S. ports (not not necessarily in all foreign ports). For environmental reasons, guests cannot take them off a ship anywhere.

BBL

Edited by BourbonNBluesLuvr