MTD Tipping

NewSalt

How do you handle tipping with MTD? If you choose different dining times every evening and have a different wait staff, do you offer a tip after every meal or just not tip at all (other than the automatic gratuity)? The only time we had MTD, we requested the same time every night and had the same staff, so it wasn't an issue.

How do you handle tipping with MTD? If you choose different dining times every evening and have a different wait staff, do you offer a tip after every meal or just not tip at all (other than the automatic gratuity)? The only time we had MTD, we requested the same time every night and had the same staff, so it wasn't an issue.

The automatic gratuity will cover standard tips to MTD wait staff. If you want to give more, I'd find them in the dining room on the last night.

Edited by clarea

They don't expect you to do that.

Not tip at all is not the right wording as the automatic daily gratuity we all pay is already a lot of money for in most cases average service and below average food in the MDR. Furthermore the daily gratuities have been increased regularly in the past years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Buying a cruise in Australia and New Zealand after 11 December 2016 no longer requires the need to tip. It is included in fare. Does not matter if cruise is from Fort Lauderdale. Sydney or Southampton etc.

Australian and New Zealanders will have the highest percentage of guests on board last night in the MDR.

Edited by springaussie

Not tip at all is not the right wording as the automatic daily gratuity we all pay is already a lot of money for in most cases average service and below average food in the MDR. Furthermore the daily gratuities have been increased regularly in the past years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was just in Jewel of the Seas and the MDR food was outstanding as was the service. I was on traditional dining so I just handed extra tips to the waiter and assistant on the last day. Also our stateroom attendant who I gave $20 before we even started and left him more after.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums