do royal serve lobster ?

fatjay

Ive heard tales that they used to serve lobster once a week do they still do this or has it all stopped now i am buying 4 night specialty diner cards so i am sure one of the eateries will serve lobster as the dw loves lobster we are sailing on the serenade of the seas in April for 10 nights also any ideas of the formal night or nights thanks in advance Jason :)

Ive heard tales that they used to serve lobster once a week do they still do this or has it all stopped now i am buying 4 night specialty diner cards so i am sure one of the eateries will serve lobster as the dw loves lobster we are sailing on the serenade of the seas in April for 10 nights also any ideas of the formal night or nights thanks in advance Jason :)

Others may know better, but I think that there is an additional charge for lobster in the specialty restaurants above what you have already paid.

Free on second formal night, or $29.99 nightly in MDR

Totally different creatures. The up charge (not sure if only available on NA sailings) is an actual whole Maine lobster. The "free" lobster served with the Jasmine menu are warm water tails of varying degrees of edibleness (is that a word?). Have had nice tasty ones and chewy fish tasting lumps over the years. Have learned to order something else.

Totally different creatures. The up charge (not sure if only available on NA sailings) is an actual whole Maine lobster. The "free" lobster served with the Jasmine menu are warm water tails of varying degrees of edibleness (is that a word?). Have had nice tasty ones and chewy fish tasting lumps over the years. Have learned to order something else.

I'm not a fan of the lobster on the ship either. I think they're chewy and tough, probably because they're frozen and not fresh, which is to be expected from a meal serving thousands of lobsters at a time.

I've eaten lobster caught straight off the beach in the Caribbean and cooked on a campfire and served with garlic butter, also melted on the campfire, and it was the most delicious lobster I've ever eaten. It didn't matter that it was a warm water lobster vs cold water, it was simply because it came fresh from the ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not a fan of the lobster on the ship either. I think they're chewy and tough, probably because they're frozen and not fresh, which is to be expected from a meal serving thousands of lobsters at a time.

I've eaten lobster caught straight off the beach in the Caribbean and cooked on a campfire and served with garlic butter, also melted on the campfire, and it was the most delicious lobster I've ever eaten. It didn't matter that it was a warm water lobster vs cold water, it was simply because it came fresh from the ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, we love our Florida lobster tails, and yes, I grill em!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off of the 9-day cruise on the Navigator. The second formal night they served delicious lobster and prime rib as well...my partner had both (surf and turf) and they even served him and another guest (also a guy) at the table a second lobster. The ladies ate just one lobster each, lol (and I had a portion of my partners prime rib which was delish and tender!) The lobster was perfectly cooked, and I know lobster, we dive for shovel nose lobster all the time at home.

Edited by adk0425

Free on second formal night, or $29.99 nightly in MDR

And I answered the OP'S question.

You are correct that the $29.99 MDR lobster each night is 3x the size and looked quite different.