Vaccines required for Ultimate Caribbean Cruise

Idared

This is an important issue. It depends upon your own health situaton, age, and where you are traveling. You should NOT get this information from a anonymous online forum. I wouldn't even take anyone's opinion on the ships' food that seriously!

Lighten up. The OP asked if there are any vaccinations REQUIRED to get off the ship on several specific islands and the answer is a very simple NO, there are not. Are there vaccinations that MIGHT be RECOMMENDED by one's doctor? Sure, but there are no hard and fast requirements as there are for some other places in the world.

I'm doing a Caribbean cruise July 1st... I understand that there are recommended vaccinations, but my doctor said he usually doesn't recommend vaccinations for cruisers, other than what we get normally, because cruise destinations are so brief. O can't find anywhere that states that any are REQUIRED. That's my question...because I don't want to get to the cruise terminal and find out I can't board because I'm missing one that's required. Do people routinely get a copy of their immunization records to have on hand for Caribbean cruises?!

I have been on many Caribbean cruises and not one of them had any vaccination REQUIREMENTS.

It is not required by the ports.

Cruised those ports 6 or 7 times and never been asked for a shot record. Travel to ports in Honduras will effect whether you can donate blood in most places in the US. I was blocked for 6 months.

Sent from my iPad using Forums