Soda Package - do I have to have the cup on me to get a soda?

nkereina

We'll be on Oasis of the Seas in a few weeks and I'm debating on whether to purchase the soda package. I assume soda is NOT included at the restaurants, MDR, and Windjammer unless you have a package, correct? And if you do have the package, do you need the souvenir cup in order to get a soda in the restaurants/MDR? I can't see myself carrying the cup around to dinner and after dinner. Thanks!

Thank you! Any meals where soda is included? If you don't have the soda package, do you just pay for it if you order it in the MDR or Windjammer?

The only meal that includes soda is at Johnny Rockets.

But you have to pay a $6.95 cover charge per person.

If you order soda without the package, you get a can with a glass of ice (good for two glasses). With the package, you get only fountain soda unless they are out of something in which case they will pour from a can or bottle but you won't get a whole can.

You can BUY soda anytime. If you have a soda package, it's included in all the eating venues, but the choices are more limited than when you are using a "freestyle" machine. If you are on the package, it's fountain soda. Otherwise, it's a can.

You can BUY soda anytime. If you have a soda package, it's included in all the eating venues, but the choices are more limited than when you are using a "freestyle" machine. If you are on the package, it's fountain soda. Otherwise, it's a can.

Ill be honest, with the package I have asked for cans in the past and they have never questioned me. They will give you one if requested.

• 10 months later...
Ill be honest, with the package I have asked for cans in the past and they have never questioned me. They will give you one if requested.

Did you ask for cans in the restaurants, bars, or both? Do they bars have cans too, or only fountain guns? I have not done a soda package for many years and was usually on other cruise lines but thinking of getting one on an upcoming trip as long as I don't have to carry the souvenir cup around in order to get a soda. I would rather just get it in a can with ice or glass when I want one and not have to carry the cup around with me everywhere I go.

Having the refreshment package, I had no trouble asking for a coke in Samba Grill, MDR, Chops, Giovanni's, Sorrento's and Windjammer. Also no problem in the Amber Theater and Aqua Theater. Of course it was from the fountain, not cans.

Did you ask for cans in the restaurants, bars, or both? Do they bars have cans too, or only fountain guns? I have not done a soda package for many years and was usually on other cruise lines but thinking of getting one on an upcoming trip as long as I don't have to carry the souvenir cup around in order to get a soda. I would rather just get it in a can with ice or glass when I want one and not have to carry the cup around with me everywhere I go.

Cans are not included in the unlimited beverage packages. You may find an exception here and there, but you generally won't be able to get cans.

You only need the cup to get drinks from the self serv Freestyle machines. The cup isn't needed at bars or restaurants.

This.

However a small caveat since the OP mentioned the Windjammer. At the buffet you need to use the Freestyle machines, and thus need the cup.

The MDR and specialty restaurants, you do not need the cup.

I was on the Indepence early December and used my cup for soft drinks and also just ordered without cup. There is no freestyle machine on this ship. I don't drink coffee and like a Diet Coke first thing in the morning. Had a little trouble getting an unopened can to take to my room. Did get a few from the drink cart that services the upper deck overlooking the pool.

I have 20 unwrapped cups in a box. I give them out as gifts. I drink soda all the time, but I basically only drink Coke. Same as my wife but she drinks sprite mostly. We never carry the cups. The freestyle machines are nice, for those that like it, and don't mind carrying a cup around. You do not need the cup to get soda at the bar, or at dinner.

This.

However a small caveat since the OP mentioned the Windjammer. At the buffet you need to use the Freestyle machines, and thus need the cup.

The MDR and specialty restaurants, you do not need the cup.

In the Windjammer, you do not need to use the freestyle machine. All you need to do is ask your area server to get you a Soda, or get you a beer, or any other drink you want. I always order a beer, and my wife always gets a soda, no problem.