Coffee Bar on Viking Sea?

comcox

Several postings have referred to a coffee bar on deck one and I wanted to ask a few questions about it. What types of drinks does it serve? Does it serve tea and hot chocolate as well? Are the drinks free or is there a charge? What hours is it open?

Several postings have referred to a coffee bar on deck one and I wanted to ask a few questions about it. What types of drinks does it serve? Does it serve tea and hot chocolate as well? Are the drinks free or is there a charge? What hours is it open?

The Atrium Bar on Deck 1 is a full service bar open from 6:30 am until late night. The bar is one of the breakfast venues and is stocked with an array of breakfast pastries. At lunch time, they switch over to snack food which is served until mid-afternoon.

Coffee, tea and cocoa/hot chocolate are free. Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are $$.

Edited by Peregrina651

The coffee bar on Deck 1 served by far the best coffee on Viking Sea, from my experience. Beware however, taking lunch at the bar. Even though they serve delicious snacks, the lunchtime wine was not free at this venue.

Interesting. Is there anywhere else where you might eat lunch and not be served the "free" wine?

Interesting. Is there anywhere else where you might eat lunch and not be served the "free" wine?

Maybe at the Pool Grill --but then again you are so close to the World Cafe that you could probably wander back there to grab a wine or beer before you head into the Pool Grill. I say probably because I am such a bigger drinker that I have never gotten more than water at the Pool Grill.

If you grab lunch at Mamsen, you will have to pay for your wine there, as well. It functions kind of like the Atrium Bar.

So, some bars and restaurants are free and some have a charge? I thought beer and wine was included? Is that only in the main dining room and at meals? One of the reasons we did not like Princess is because they nickel and dime you. I thought everything was included except the bar drinks. Can someone clarify this? Thank you.

So, some bars and restaurants are free and some have a charge? I thought beer and wine was included? Is that only in the main dining room and at meals? One of the reasons we did not like Princess is because they nickel and dime you. I thought everything was included except the bar drinks. Can someone clarify this? Thank you.

I didn't have a problem but this must be how it works. I'm looking at the Daily and they have the restaurants listed for meals. Some of those are also listed for snacks. Apparently, from what I gather is if you are in the restaurant for lunch or dinner hours, then the beer and wine are included but if you are there at other times you will be charged. Viking does say it is included with 'lunch and dinner' so I guess that is really what it means.

I didn't have a problem but this must be how it works. I'm looking at the Daily and they have the restaurants listed for meals. Some of those are also listed for snacks. Apparently, from what I gather is if you are in the restaurant for lunch or dinner hours, then the beer and wine are included but if you are there at other times you will be charged. Viking does say it is included with 'lunch and dinner' so I guess that is really what it means.

It makes sense if wine/beer are included during lunch and dinner, one needs to know the time frame of lunch and dinner. It cannot be all afternoon for lunch, or all evening for dinner. There must be hours posted.

I see that reading the Daily is very important, as it is on any cruise.

It's really a no brainer to realise that if you drink more than three alcoholic drinks/coffee's a day outside lunch and dinner hours, then the Viking Silver Beverage Package works out at good value at $19.99 per day. You can then drink what you like, where you like, at any time .....and in stemmed wine glasses too. :D

Bar tender Princess makes great alcoholic coffee's in The Viking Bar in the Atrium. I loved the one with Bailey's added, my friend liked the one with Grand Marnier and the Gascon coffee with Armagnac was pretty good too. We also experimented with cocktails. The Valencia is a particular favourite of ours. It's Apricot Brandy, Orange Juice and Prosecco. Absolutely delicious.

It's really a no brainer to realise that if you drink more than three alcoholic drinks/coffee's a day outside lunch and dinner hours, then the Viking Silver Beverage Package works out at good value at $19.99 per day. You can then drink what you like, where you like, at any time .....and in stemmed wine glasses too. :D

Bar tender Princess makes great alcoholic coffee's in The Viking Bar in the Atrium. I loved the one with Bailey's added, my friend liked the one with Grand Marnier and the Gascon coffee with Armagnac was pretty good too. We also experimented with cocktails. The Valencia is a particular favourite of ours. It's Apricot Brandy, Orange Juice and Prosecco. Absolutely delicious.

Thank you for the great drink suggestions. I am making a list of new cocktails to try when I do my first Viking Cruise.

I do love alcoholic coffee drink after dinner.

I like Irish coffee(Jameson) and Scottish coffee( Drambuie) and then there is Mexican coffee with the theatrical pouring of fire into your glass.:D This one I have only had in Mexico.

Oh yes, I will be doing the Silver Drink package.

Edited by Azulann

Oh no!!!!

We have to read???

Hard work, cruising these days!!! ;)

Now do not forget your reading glasses if you are a certain age.

I always bring three sets and end up with one , that I did not lose or break, by the end of my vacation.

Love reading the Daily at the end of the day and decide what I really want to do the next day and the times of the events.

Hmmm... I was not going to do this. I figure between meals, and bringing some wine onboard we would be fine.

But - at $20 a day...it might be a good idea.

Let me ask this, if we decide to do this after the first day, can we do it onboard and they just pro-rate it?

Thank you for the great drink suggestions. I am making a list of new cocktails to try when I do my first Viking Cruise.

I do love alcoholic coffee drink after dinner.

I like Irish coffee(Jameson) and Scottish coffee( Drambuie) and then there is Mexican coffee with the theatrical pouring of fire into your glass.:D This one I have only had in Mexico.

Oh yes, I will be doing the Silver Drink package.

I have never heard of Scottish coffee but it sounds delicious.

I will be sure to give it a try on my next Viking cruise