New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

Okay, now that we got this all sorted out, lets get to the really important question ...

If you cross the International Date Line on a cruise, do you still get point(s) for the night you lost? What if you are going in the other direction? Do you get point(s) for the extra night?

I would say that you should keep going in the direction that adds points, and then fly back in the other direction:)

My NCL has me @ the new Platinum + level, Now. :)

We're sailing Sunday - one of the first set of passengers under the enhanced Latitudes program. I've been holding off printing Edocs because I wanted them to say Platinum Plus :) Just checked and although My NCL shows Platinum Plus our edocs say No Status and Not Enrolled for both my husband and myself. Not printing anything tonight and hopefully tomorrow which is the actual change day our edocs will be correct.

Kind of a bummer because I was hoping to get printing edocs crossed off my to do list.

as they should. when we first started cruising we looked closely at NCL and RCCL. NCL won us over and we've sailed them ever since and been pretty happy with them overall.

RCCL also gives free lifetime drinks to Diamond members and above. but you are limited to a certain number per day ( just like with their drink packages). Still a decent perk tho.

I agree that this was tiered to be competitive to RCCL. We also have cruised other cruise lines but NCL wins for us most of the time due to Freestyle dining. We just got off Carnival this morning and having set dinner times really doesn't work with us. (We booked it cause we wanted to try the new upgrades on their ships like Guy's Burger Joint). That said, if we fall in love with an cruise that has ports of call we want we will book it, no matter what line. Though if NCL has something similar we would be swayed with status perks.

Hi my Question is We booked a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on 1/14/17 for Nov 2018

Currently my points are 63

So I'll get Double points on our 14 day cruise which would be 28 points

So will the Platinum status start on that cruise, during the cruise or the following one?? Thanks for your help

Hi my Question is We booked a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on 1/14/17 for Nov 2018

Currently my points are 63

So I'll get Double points on our 14 day cruise which would be 28 points

So will the Platinum status start on that cruise, during the cruise or the following one?? Thanks for your help

Points are only awarded AFTER the Completion of your cruise.

last month it was Duc de Paris which retails in USA for about $8

Yep, that's what I got the one and only time I've sailed as a Platinum. Cold Duck :-)

I remember it being really sweet. I love sparkling wine. As perks go, it's up there with the chocolate mints on your bed.

Yep, that's what I got the one and only time I've sailed as a Platinum. Cold Duck :-)

I remember it being really sweet. I love sparkling wine. As perks go, it's up there with the chocolate mints on your bed.

My bottle was Duc de Paris Brut. It was OK but made great Mimosas with room service Orange Juice .. :D

I agree that this was tiered to be competitive to RCCL. We also have cruised other cruise lines but NCL wins for us most of the time due to Freestyle dining. We just got off Carnival this morning and having set dinner times really doesn't work with us. (We booked it cause we wanted to try the new upgrades on their ships like Guy's Burger Joint). That said, if we fall in love with an cruise that has ports of call we want we will book it, no matter what line. Though if NCL has something similar we would be swayed with status perks.

Why didn't you just book the Anytime dining? ALL the major cruise lines have the "freestyle" dining option.

Hi. I'm not a regular CCL cruiser although I just sailed the Breeze last January and have Vista booked for next February but when we sailed the Breeze last year, we had "Anytime" dining, just like I have booked for the Vista.

Just wanted you to know you had that option :)

I wanted to book a few shore excursions online for my upcoming cruise, and in order to get my PlatinumPlus 15% discount, I waited until today (February 3rd, the official date for the "new" Latitudes Rewards program).

First I checked the FAQ regarding the program enhancement, and there it states clearly as follows:

Quote:

" Do I receive my Discounts if I pre-book before my sailing?

Yes. If you pre-book Shore Excursions or Photos on ncl.com prior to your sailing, the applicable discount will be applied at the time of booking." End of quote.

Then I double checked that my Latitude status was listed as Platinum Plus, and finally I proceeded to book the shore excursions I wanted. And I am pretty certain there is no discount offered all though I don't remember what the regular price without a discount is), as the prices I get are too "round" (in this particular case the price offered is $99, $49 and $35. With a 15% discount I believe that the amounts would be more "odd".....????

Needless to say that I emptied my shopping cart and decided to wait a few weeks, just to make certain everything will be working properly at a later time...

I just checked this, out of interest. I couldn't easily say whether there was any discount applied to the price, as ours are in pounds and the conversion means that they wouldn't be round numbers. I'm not sure how the shore excursion prices are arrived at

However, I logged out of myncl and looked at the shore excursion details on the NCL site. They quote the same price, so it certainly seems like there is no discount being applied.

I also checked through to checkout to see whether it was taken there, but again, it seems not.

Not that this matters to us, as we only very rarely take excursions, but some people will need this quite soon.

I just checked this, out of interest. I couldn't easily say whether there was any discount applied to the price, as ours are in pounds and the conversion means that they wouldn't be round numbers. I'm not sure how the shore excursion prices are arrived at

However, I logged out of myncl and looked at the shore excursion details on the NCL site. They quote the same price, so it certainly seems like there is no discount being applied.

I also checked through to checkout to see whether it was taken there, but again, it seems not.

Not that this matters to us, as we only very rarely take excursions, but some people will need this quite soon.

I am guessing I was just a little too optimistic thinking everything would work properly already on day 1.... ;)

I tried to do as you describe above, but it didn't help me much. As I live in Norway the regular website quotes all prices in NOK, but since I have booked and paid my upcoming cruise in USD all prices regarding that particular cruise (incl. shore excursions) on MyNCL are also in USD.

I wanted to book a few shore excursions online for my upcoming cruise, and in order to get my PlatinumPlus 15% discount, I waited until today (February 3rd, the official date for the "new" Latitudes Rewards program).

First I checked the FAQ regarding the program enhancement, and there it states clearly as follows:

Quote:

" Do I receive my Discounts if I pre-book before my sailing?

Yes. If you pre-book Shore Excursions or Photos on ncl.com prior to your sailing, the applicable discount will be applied at the time of booking." End of quote.

Then I double checked that my Latitude status was listed as Platinum Plus, and finally I proceeded to book the shore excursions I wanted. And I am pretty certain there is no discount offered all though I don't remember what the regular price without a discount is), as the prices I get are too "round" (in this particular case the price offered is $99, $49 and $35. With a 15% discount I believe that the amounts would be more "odd".....????

Needless to say that I emptied my shopping cart and decided to wait a few weeks, just to make certain everything will be working properly at a later time...

Thank you for letting us know about your experience..... I am in a similar boat where I've already pre-booked (through the Excursion Dept) and I was going to wait a week to call them back and cancel / pre-book to apply the discount.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

We're sailing Sunday - one of the first set of passengers under the enhanced Latitudes program. I've been holding off printing Edocs because I wanted them to say Platinum Plus :) Just checked and although My NCL shows Platinum Plus our edocs say No Status and Not Enrolled for both my husband and myself. Not printing anything tonight and hopefully tomorrow which is the actual change day our edocs will be correct.

Kind of a bummer because I was hoping to get printing edocs crossed off my to do list.

We don't sail for another 19 days but have a similar issue. My husband is Platinum and shows on the edocs as Platinum. This is 100% correct for him. My NCL account shows me as Platinum Plus which is correct but on the edocs I too have no status and am not enrolled. Hopefully this will get sorted out in the next day or so as I am sure none of us want to be wasting time getting this sorted out on board the ship.

Can anyone clear this one up for me.

I am at 56 points did need 20 for platinum now need 24

We have cruise booked for August 10 nights booked last Oct so should qualify for 1 extra pint per night. Equal 20 points

At the time it was also latitude insider offer so extra point per night?

I can't see that shown anywhere.

Any thoughts?

We have cruise booked for August 10 nights booked last Oct so should qualify for 1 extra pint per night. Equal 20 points

Any thoughts?

I recently got 27 points from a 9 night cruise booked more than 9 months in advance so it must have been a Latitudes Insider sailing as well so my guess is because it was booked before the change in the program you should get the 3 points per night.

Any thoughts?

I've only ever booked an insider offer once, and my memory is a bit vague, but I thought there was a code on my confirmation.

I also got some OBC, which I understand is usual. Does your confirmation show that? If so then you are probably fine, but otherwise you may need to phone to check.

If you do have the insider offer then you will get the 30 points.

Same issue for us. We sail on the Escape on the 25th and our edocs show the same as yours. I printed them, and I also printed the my profile page that shows I am Platinum Plus and number of points. Also I printed a copy of our cruise history just to prove we are not first time NCL cruisers. I also have a copy of the confirmation page for booking this cruise which shows both or our Latitudes numbers.

Interesting, we're at 78 points and Platinum....I wonder if we'll stay there or get dropped down to Gold...

Don't know if anyone answered your question, but from the NCL website:

"With the new program, guests who have between 80-174 points will be Platinum members. If you have between 76-79 points by February 3, 2017, you will remain a Platinum member. All Platinum members will now need 175 points to graduate to Platinum Plus, regardless of how many points they have today."

I was concerned also so did a little research :)

Got an email from Shore Excursion Department's Supervisor today (personal not broadside form letter) informing me:

to present my key card at the on board shore excursion desk to receive new Latitudes' discounts for excursions booked prior to sailing, including pre paid and reserved but unpaid.