New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

I'm sailing on the Escape in August and prebooked a pool cabana in Harvest Cay, paid $249. I called shore excursion's Dept. today and asked about my Platinum Plus discount. They told me when I get on board just go to the shore excursion desk and they will refund the difference, either in OBC or refund back to my credit card, my choice. We shall see!:D:confused:

Got an email from Shore Excursion Department's Supervisor today (personal not broadside form letter) informing me:

to present my key card at the on board shore excursion desk to receive new Latitudes' discounts for excursions booked prior to sailing, including pre paid and reserved but unpaid.

Thank you! Great info.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

Got an email from Shore Excursion Department's Supervisor today (personal not broadside form letter) informing me:

to present my key card at the on board shore excursion desk to receive new Latitudes' discounts for excursions booked prior to sailing, including pre paid and reserved but unpaid.

I will do the same thing as you John, and present my card to the shore excursion desk We have about $1200 Cnd already booked and paid for with a confirmation date of Jan 8th 2017. Not sure I can get any refund as we did book before the new Platinum plus tier. It would be around $150.00 Cnd. Worth a try though.

I will do the same thing as you John, and present my card to the shore excursion desk We have about $1200 Cnd already booked and paid for with a confirmation date of Jan 8th 2017. Not sure I can get any refund as we did book before the new Platinum plus tier. It would be around $150.00 Cnd. Worth a try though.

According to the Shore excursion supervisor's email you will get a retroactive Platinum Plus discount as long as you are Platinum Plus before going on the excursion no matter when it was booked or paid for in advance or not.

According to the Shore excursion supervisor's email you will get a retroactive Platinum Plus discount as long as you are Platinum Plus before going on the excursion no matter when it was booked or paid for in advance or not.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info, see you on board.

Same issue for us. We sail on the Escape on the 25th and our edocs show the same as yours. I printed them, and I also printed the my profile page that shows I am Platinum Plus and number of points. Also I printed a copy of our cruise history just to prove we are not first time NCL cruisers. I also have a copy of the confirmation page for booking this cruise which shows both or our Latitudes numbers.

Where do you print the my profile page showing platinum plus?

Just wanted to mention that some years ago, you were supposed to get part of the value of the Platinum dinner at Le Bistro reimbursed if you booked a Specialty Dinner package for the entire cruise. In the beginning this was not automated on MyNCL, you had to pay full price and then be reimbursed on board (pretty much the same way they now say that you have to do regarding discount on shore excursions).

Well, long story short; we were on board for two weeks, and the first seven days I went back-and-forth to guest services on board, because they were disputing my claim saying that the Miami office had no idea what I was talking about (as I had purchased my dining package several months earlier, and between the time of purchase and the cruise date, NCL did fix their website so that the Platinum discount was automatically deducted from the price. That was however NOT the case when I booked my dining package). As the Platinum discount was supposed to be deducted at time of booking, they said I was entitled no discount. Well, my problem was that I pre-booked my dining package before this was fixed online, and was told by my PCC that I would get it reimbursed on board. I believe the refund was only $20, so it was not the amount, it was more a "principle" on my side. They (NCL) didn't reimburse me until I decided to call my PCC at home on her personal cellphone, and luckily she remembered my "situation", so I handed my cellphone over to the clerk at the guest services on board, and then "suddenly" everything was OK and I got my refund as OBC.

So even though it got sorted out in the end, that is the reason why I have decided to wait a little with booking my NCL shore excursions...

Hi UniAll,

Could you copy your email and post it for us please. Don't show your email address just the address from NCL.

Thanks,,

happytotravel

Hi UniAll,

Could you copy your email and post it for us please. Don't show your email address just the address from NCL.

Thanks,,

happytotravel

Sorry, no can do.

It was a private email initiated by the Shore Excursion Supervisor after arranging accessible excursions for me throughout my upcoming cruise.

My legal training and ethics prevent me from publicly publishing the email without the author's permission.

For my cruise on the pearl there is a remard under the shore excursions i am looking at that the latitudes discount has been applied on the total price but this is Not the case since the total price on all the three excursions i was looking at has been the same for some time now...So they have not applied it yet and the same goes for the photo packages exactly same price as last week

I hope the discount being applied to excursions booked ahead time holds true but based on the website it says ONBOARD. So to me this says only when booked on board. Hopefully I am wrong :( Time will tell

Onboard Discounts On Shore Excursions

10% for Silver - Platinum, 15% for Platinum Plus, 20% for Ambassador

Onboard Discounts On Photos

20% for Silver members, 25% for Gold members, 30% for Platinum and above

I hope the discount being applied to excursions booked ahead time holds true but based on the website it says ONBOARD. So to me this says only when booked on board. Hopefully I am wrong :( Time will tell

In the FAQs it says the discount applies to excursions booked online.

We're sailing Sunday - one of the first set of passengers under the enhanced Latitudes program. I've been holding off printing Edocs because I wanted them to say Platinum Plus :) Just checked and although My NCL shows Platinum Plus our edocs say No Status and Not Enrolled for both my husband and myself. Not printing anything tonight and hopefully tomorrow which is the actual change day our edocs will be correct.

Kind of a bummer because I was hoping to get printing edocs crossed off my to do list.

Mine are showing the No Status and Not Enrolled as well. In addition, the online check-in is now requiring the selection of a port arrival time. This is probably because the eDocs don't show the status. In the past, Platinum Latitude members (and suites) did not have to select an arrival time.

Can anyone clear this one up for me.

I am at 56 points did need 20 for platinum now need 24

We have cruise booked for August 10 nights booked last Oct so should qualify for 1 extra pint per night. Equal 20 points

At the time it was also latitude insider offer so extra point per night?

I can't see that shown anywhere.

Any thoughts?

Just an update I emailed the lattitude office they emailed me back virtually straight away to say checked my booking and it is latitude offer and I will get my extra points when I disembark plus other points so happy days. I will reach my platinum level at end of next cruise as I hoped I would.

Just an update I emailed the lattitude office they emailed me back virtually straight away to say checked my booking and it is latitude offer and I will get my extra points when I disembark plus other points so happy days. I will reach my platinum level at end of next cruise as I hoped I would.

What is the latitude email ? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I didnt see the Shore Excursion discount listed on the sheet for Platinum. Platinum gets a 15% discount?

I have a Beach Cabana booked with another couple for July and we paid $250 each so a savings of $37 each would be nice. I guess I will see what happens when others post. We booked already and not going to chance it and wait to board.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just read the FAQ's and you stay in whatever tier you were in before 3rd February. e.g. I have 28 points and was Silver, the new minimum for Silver is 30 pts but because I had over 20 pts before 3rd February I still remain Silver.

• 2 weeks later...
I didnt see the Shore Excursion discount listed on the sheet for Platinum. Platinum gets a 15% discount?

I have a Beach Cabana booked with another couple for July and we paid $250 each so a savings of $37 each would be nice. I guess I will see what happens when others post. We booked already and not going to chance it and wait to board.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

4 Shore excursion discounts are not reflected in the shopping section of MY NCL on ncl.com. You will see the discount in the shopping cart and upon check out in My NCL on ncl.com.

I would go to the shorex desk, and see if they'll refund you the discount. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

Regarding the shore excursion discount, someone reported on another thread being told that the discount will not show up online if you had the cruise booked before this February. You need to book and pay at the rate shown and then go to the excursion desk onboard to get a refund.

If you booked after the new rules started then you get the discount online. This has been confirmed by someone who made a booking recently.

They also reported that the discount is applied based on the status of the person you are booking for, not per cabin. So, if you are platinum but your partner is gold then they will pay a higher price. You don't get any discount from the kids prices as they have no status.

Regarding the shore excursion discount, someone reported on another thread being told that the discount will not show up online if you had the cruise booked before this February. You need to book and pay at the rate shown and then go to the excursion desk onboard to get a refund.

If you booked after the new rules started then you get the discount online. This has been confirmed by someone who made a booking recently.

They also reported that the discount is applied based on the status of the person you are booking for, not per cabin. So, if you are platinum but your partner is gold then they will pay a higher price. You don't get any discount from the kids prices as they have no status.

What if you booked while on a cruise on January 31, 2017, but just as you hit enter the ship crossed the International Date Line and suddenly it was February 1, 2017. Then what happens?

What if you booked while on a cruise on January 31, 2017, but just as you hit enter the ship crossed the International Date Line and suddenly it was February 1, 2017. Then what happens?

So this is a weird sort of happy ending twist for us! We sailed Jan 29th, 2017 and came back Feb. 12th, 2017 and were silver on the cruise. My husband checked NCL after Feb. 12th and we were Gold!

We were prepared to be stuck in the Silver category, I guess we got lucky. We defnitely did not have enough points in the new tier category system to be bumped up to Gold. Glitch in the matrix??? I keep waiting for them to switch it back! :rolleyes: