AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

1 minute ago, n6uqqq said:

If we only had a way to spend them 😉 ! I am accumulating too many points with nowhere to spend!

But he/she who dies with the most points wins.....  I need to recoup all the points I spent entering the sweepstakes to win a cruise...lol....

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, CruisingViper said:

any idea when/if the carnival gift cards will be back?

I would normally say that they will be back once Spring Break is over (late April), but currently all e-cards are removed not just Carnival.  They do advertise on the site Carnival gift cards, but to click and follow shows nothing.  

I just called Allstate Rewards.  I asked about Carnival Cards, but then also asked about all the ecards.  According to the nice customer service person, all she could say is keep checking.  She just didn't know the answer.  She expects Carnival Cards to be back soon, but to keep checking every day.  As far as ecards, she had no explanation on why there are no ecards, just that they keep updating the site to improve it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently sitting on close to 800,000 points.  Have enough cards on hand to cover our two B2B's (29 days) on the Celebration in September and January.  Will need more though to cover our 10 day Venezia cruise next May.  Luckily I have time till I need to pull the trigger so I can be patient till the eCards get replenished.

• Like 3

On 3/9/2023 at 12:45 PM, tw67 said:

While I have some Carnival cruises planned, it looks like we might be taking out first NCL in January.  Just a quick 4 day for my son's 21st birthday.  I will miss not having GC's for it!  A new adventure for us!  

Today on the spin game I actually won 800 points!!  Go me!!

I know a couple that recently booked their first NCL cruise. Long-time Carnival cruisers, never cruised with anyone else, but they were on the Celebration last month and had their worst ever Carnival experience. One bad cruise isn't going to turn them off to Carnival completely, but it did get them to look elsewhere for the first time. They looked at other lines and the price was right on an NCL Hawaiian cruise, so they went for it. I think it isn't until Sept., but I'm eager to hear how they like it.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 5:20 PM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Well... we decided that in protest of our lack of luck of the Irish we'd go to a Mexican restaurant for dinner tonight. 

For Cinco de Mayo we'll go to an Irish restaurant. 

#CrowdAvoidance

That's a sound strategy right there. 👍

On 3/18/2023 at 5:05 PM, KaiBlue said:

Won $15 Target gift card yesterday to my surprise and 1,000 points today - I assume that will be it for the year:)

Yep, you've reached your annual winning quota. Better luck next year. 😄

On 3/20/2023 at 8:59 AM, tw67 said:

Spin game is back, so now I just have 3 chances to not win anything!  Lol!!!

It didn't let me down...I didn't win anything!!  

The wheel was broken last night...it gave me 500 points. They fixed it though...nothing tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I know a couple that recently booked their first NCL cruise. Long-time Carnival cruisers, never cruised with anyone else, but they were on the Celebration last month and had their worst ever Carnival experience. One bad cruise isn't going to turn them off to Carnival completely, but it did get them to look elsewhere for the first time. They looked at other lines and the price was right on an NCL Hawaiian cruise, so they went for it. I think it isn't until Sept., but I'm eager to hear how they like it.

My BFF is a big NCL fan, but only for the newer ships.  She has been trying to get me on one, we even had it booked, but it was canceled during covid. I need to find a what to expect when you go to NCL after cruising Carnival article!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tw67 said:

My BFF is a big NCL fan, but only for the newer ships.  She has been trying to get me on one, we even had it booked, but it was canceled during covid. I need to find a what to expect when you go to NCL after cruising Carnival article!

They said the package they got included alcohol and one or two specialty dining meals, plus some other things that'd be extra on Carnival. Oh, and it includes their flight because they fly to Hawaii first, then cruise back. So after doing the math, they said after paying for the extras they like on Carnival, NCL came out to about the same.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

They said the package they got included alcohol and one or two specialty dining meals, plus some other things that'd be extra on Carnival. Oh, and it includes their flight because they fly to Hawaii first, then cruise back. So after doing the math, they said after paying for the extras they like on Carnival, NCL came out to about the same.

Interesting, the only ship in the NCL fleet to do a one way to or from Hawaii is the Spirit, doing a one way from Honolulu to Vancouver. Their primary Hawaii ship is the Pride of America, which does roundtrip Hawaii cruises each week, starting and ending in Honolulu.  The Spirit was built in 1999 and is about 75 K tons.  The Pride was built in 2004 and 82 K tons.  At one point NCL had three ships exclusively sailing in Hawaii, but was reduced to one many years ago.  It's the only US flagged ship currently sailing so is primarily staffed by US citizens.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tw67 said:

Have done 25 on Carnival since 1986 and 8 on NCL since 2017,  so if you have any questions, ask away.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

We cruised NCL in 2012 and it was just ehhh. We tried them again last October in the Mediterranean. It was outstanding. Loved everything about NCL. However my stepdaughter and family did NCL Caribbean in January and it was horrible. Horrible service, food, everything

so who knows

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

That is what we found too.  This NCL fit what we needed on dates and locations.  If there was a Carnival that fit we would have taken it!  We aren’t using their airfare because with Southwest we will do better because of luggage.  

Of course for Carnival I would have gift cards to take 10% off all of it!  NCL doesn’t even have gift cards to give my nieces and nephews for Christmas.  

7 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Have done 25 on Carnival since 1986 and 8 on NCL since 2017,  so if you have any questions, ask away.

Thank you!  I will take you up on that!

6 hours ago, nklpikl said:

We cruised NCL in 2012 and it was just ehhh. We tried them again last October in the Mediterranean. It was outstanding. Loved everything about NCL. However my stepdaughter and family did NCL Caribbean in January and it was horrible. Horrible service, food, everything

so who knows

I hear that they do a great job on Mediterranean cruises.  

7 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

The wheel screwed me this morning without even spinning!!   I clicked the link to play and it showed me a picture (maybe a screwdriver and screw)??   Refreshed my screen and now it acts as though I played!!

Me too!  Mine just never showed the wheel, just gave me a blank spot on the screen, then acted like I played!  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

The wheel screwed me this morning without even spinning!!   I clicked the link to play and it showed me a picture (maybe a screwdriver and screw)??   Refreshed my screen and now it acts as though I played!!

Just happened to me also. 

Oh well.  I'm sure I wouldn't have won anyway.

• Like 2