AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

17 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Bought 30 $100.00 cards for Princess the other day with no problem, other than having to pay 17.77 for shipping based on 59 cents per card.

I think it was just my phone. I was able to order more on the full website 

On 5/3/2021 at 11:42 AM, SNJCruisers said:

I know.  I just bought 30 of them to pay off our B2B for next April, and have a cushion.  The 17.70 in shipping charges stunk, but it only brought the discount down to 14.41%.

Like you, I would buy multiple $100 cards to get the extra 5% discount.   But passing all those GC numbers over the phone to a Princess agent might take even longer than using them at the ship's customer service desk.  And the way Allstate calculates shipping charges makes no sense.  I wonder if you will get all thirty cards in one envelope . . . or thirty different envelopes.

2 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

Like you, I would buy multiple $100 cards to get the extra 5% discount.   But passing all those GC numbers over the phone to a Princess agent might take even longer than using them at the ship's customer service desk.  And the way Allstate calculates shipping charges makes no sense.  I wonder if you will get all thirty cards in one envelope . . . or thirty different envelopes.

One large envelope via UPS.  And it'll be my TA that I will be rattling off most of the numbers to.  I'll have a back up of 5 cards in case we get a great deal on board for Alaska 2023 and I'll use them for deposit.

1 hour ago, Calnev1 said:

But passing all those GC numbers over the phone to a Princess agent might take even longer than using them at the ship's customer service desk. 

I just bought 25 for our first Princess cruise. Are we unable to use them online to pay for our cruise?

20 hours ago, CruisinChandler said:

I just bought 25 for our first Princess cruise. Are we unable to use them online to pay for our cruise?

I almost always use a TA, so I am not sure.  But someone on this forum will know if you can apply the GCs directly on the Princess website, and, if so, if there is some upper limit to the number of GCs you can apply in one transaction.

On 5/3/2021 at 1:42 PM, SNJCruisers said:

I know.  I just bought 30 of them to pay off our B2B for next April, and have a cushion.  The 17.70 in shipping charges stunk, but it only brought the discount down to 14.41%.

Have you gotten your cards?  In the past they've been shipped within a couple of days & i literally have them in hand 1 week after ordered.  But this time they haven't even shipped, 1st order was last monday.  It's the 1st time i order more than 1 consecutively, 3 days total 5 cards.  the 1st one says not processed, the other 4 say processed.  I have MyChoice so as soon as a tracking # is created for my address i get a notification.  I'm checking daily, i'm anxious....Anyway, since you ordered 30 i was just wondering if you had any issues

22 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

Have you gotten your cards?  In the past they've been shipped within a couple of days & i literally have them in hand 1 week after ordered.  But this time they haven't even shipped, 1st order was last monday.  It's the 1st time i order more than 1 consecutively, 3 days total 5 cards.  the 1st one says not processed, the other 4 say processed.  I have MyChoice so as soon as a tracking # is created for my address i get a notification.  I'm checking daily, i'm anxious....Anyway, since you ordered 30 i was just wondering if you had any issues

I also ordered mine on the 3rd and it still says “processing”. Happy that I am not alone, not happy that it hasn’t shipped.😡

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nvr2old2cruise said:

I also ordered mine on the 3rd and it still says “processing”. Happy that I am not alone, not happy that it hasn’t shipped.😡

boooo....but honestly glad its not just me then.  but ugh i wish they would hurry! if nothing happens by monday i'm calling.  $2200 out of my pocket oh yeah i'm buggin

On 5/12/2021 at 12:06 PM, Nvr2old2cruise said:

I couldn't hold off til Monday. I just got off the phone with them. "Tickets" have been submitted to the gift card provider for further investigation. If you're still waiting you may wanna call too. She said there doesn't seem to be a delay, she looking into that 1st.

On 5/12/2021 at 12:42 PM, babygrljaz said:

Sorry for not getting back to you. CC for some reason removed the automatic response to a posting that I always get and I did not see your response.  I got my envelope with no problem.  It only took a couple of extra days.  The one thing that perturbed me was that if I wanted to change the delivery window or even change the drop off to my local UPS store less than a mile from my house, UPS wanted extra money.  I had already paid 17.70 since you pay 0.59 per card. 

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Sorry for not getting back to you. CC for some reason removed the automatic response to a posting that I always get and I did not see your response.  I got my envelope with no problem.  It only took a couple of extra days.  The one thing that perturbed me was that if I wanted to change the delivery window or even change the drop off to my local UPS store less than a mile from my house, UPS wanted extra money.  I had already paid 17.70 since you pay 0.59 per card. 

Having it rerouted to a local access point is supposed to be free, hhhmmmm i should try it.  They sent my 1st one via usps so can't track it, but it was a $500 card so idk what the deal is there.  The other 4 were finally shipped on Monday.  I'm trying to hunt them down, I work at ups, but i think i'm gonna miss that load today.  No one is ever home during delivery times so i try to get all our stuff before it gets sorted for delivery.  But anyway its odd that they were all delayed.  Even the customer service rep thought it was stranged because they normally ship by day 3.  Mine took a week, some a little longer.

I ordered 1 $500 card on 5/6. It didn’t ship until 5/14. I received it on 5/19. In addition to taking much longer than normal it did not require a signature like it normally does. I also noticed it was sent from a different company than usual and the packaging was completely different. I suspect Allstate has changed card suppliers. Not sure if the delay will be the new normal org was slowed by the transition (if there was one).

I've been slacking on my code entering duties and missed out on a couple. Only 3K points, so no biggie, but was kind of surprised to see that they expired so fast. They only lasted less than 3 weeks. Used to be they lasted a long time, unless these were related to a special event. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 5/19/2021 at 11:03 AM, SNJCruisers said:

The one thing that perturbed me was that if I wanted to change the delivery window or even change the drop off to my local UPS store less than a mile from my house, UPS wanted extra money.

On 5/19/2021 at 12:31 PM, babygrljaz said:

Having it rerouted to a local access point is supposed to be free, hhhmmmm i should try it.

I just looked and, sure enough, they now charge $5.99 to reroute to an Access Point, when it used to be free. Now it's free with the Premium service. That's just wrong, if you ask me, because in all likelihood, a driver is going to that Access Point anyway, so it's not like it's costing them extra.