Pacific Pearl last cruise from Sydney

On Monday 30th January 2017 Pacific Pearl leaves Sydney Harbour for the very last time :(

I will be on her heading back to Auckland, New Zealand :)

If anyone wants to watch her leave Sydney Harbour you can check out these web cam links:

http://www.webcamsydney.com

http://cafesydney.com/explore-our-venue/live-cam

https://www.yha.com.au/hostels/nsw/sydney-surrounds/sydney-harbour/sydney-harbour-yha-webcam/

We are due to leave at 4pm NSW time.

If anyone get any web cam captures of us leaving, can you post them below, please? :)

On Monday 30th January 2017 Pacific Pearl leaves Sydney Harbour for the very last time :(

I will be on her heading back to Auckland, New Zealand :)

If anyone wants to watch her leave Sydney Harbour you can check out these web cam links:

http://www.webcamsydney.com

http://cafesydney.com/explore-our-venue/live-cam

https://www.yha.com.au/hostels/nsw/sydney-surrounds/sydney-harbour/sydney-harbour-yha-webcam/

We are due to leave at 4pm NSW time.

If anyone get any web cam captures of us leaving, can you post them below, please? :)

Wow enjoy.

It's always sad when a ship leaves for the final time...I've been on the Pearl twice in the past 6 months and although she certainly is nowhere near the best ship I've ever sailed on, I thought it wasn't too bad.

Farewell Pacific Pearl.

She is sailing over to NZ for a short season of Auckland/Auckland cruises and then heads off to Asia at the end of March. She is coming back to Australia on her way to Asia and will call at Gladstone, Airlies Beach, Yorkeys and Darwin.

The Auckland cruises are whistling out the door now that they have dropped the prices .

It's always sad when a ship leaves for the final time...I've been on the Pearl twice in the past 6 months and although she certainly is nowhere near the best ship I've ever sailed on, I thought it wasn't too bad.

Farewell Pacific Pearl.

Agreed, I had a nice cruise on her despite the ship being old (design as well as looking in need of a makeover) and noisy.

She is sailing over to NZ for a short season of Auckland/Auckland cruises and then heads off to Asia at the end of March. She is coming back to Australia on her way to Asia and will call at Gladstone, Airlies Beach, Yorkeys and Darwin.

The Auckland cruises are whistling out the door now that they have dropped the prices .

Was almost tempted but the airfares would erode any savings.

My parents just came back from a trip to Melbourne on the Pearl for the tennis. They enjoyed it and said the ship was not too bad. Their first with P&O after going on just about every other cruise line.

I was shocked though to find out that they didn't take out travel insurance. In hindsight I should have checked behind but I really don't think they would have listened to me.

Edited by cruisine21

You cannot keep and old girl down :D

RegardsJohn

She's got good bones. Originally designed and built for Sitmar. She was one of the first of the "new breed" cruise ships built especially for cruising.I think she was the first to feature an Atrium.:)

History

Name:

Columbus (2017)

Pacific Pearl (2010-2017)

Ocean Village (2003-2010)

Arcadia (1997-2003)

Star Princess (1989-1997)

FairMajesty (1988)

She's got good bones. Originally designed and built for Sitmar. She was one of the first of the "new breed" cruise ships built especially for cruising.I think she was the first to feature an Atrium.:)

History

Name:

Columbus (2017)

Pacific Pearl (2010-2017)

Ocean Village (2003-2010)

Arcadia (1997-2003)

Star Princess (1989-1997)

FairMajesty (1988)

Is this the ship the Governor General christened, with a lot of fanfare, in Sydney? If so, it looked in need of repair then, with an oil spill which delayed its departure from OPT.

Is this the ship the Governor General christened, with a lot of fanfare, in Sydney? If so, it looked in need of repair then, with an oil spill which delayed its departure from OPT.

I dont think so Pearl had a refit in Singapore in 2010, then sailed for her maiden cruise with P&O Australia to Auckland where she was christened by

NZ Olympian , Barbara Kendall, who is also Godmother of the "new" ship.

found this on Google......Nov 2010

Once completed, Pacific Pearl will embark on her sea trials, which are scheduled to begin on December 4, before she sails to Auckland in preparation of her christening by New Zealand Olympian Barbara Kendall on December 21.

I dont think so Pearl had a refit in Singapore in 2010, then sailed for her maiden cruise with P&O Australia to Auckland where she was christened by

NZ Olympian , Barbara Kendall, who is also Godmother of the "new" ship.

found this on Google......Nov 2010

Thanks David.

I thought we got two hand me downs from the UK with names like Ocean Village. They were popular low budget ships in the UK.

I just remember that I was embarrassed that someone asked our Governor General (such an elegant representative of the Queen) to "christen" the old ship, and gave up waiting for its delayed departure due to oil in the harbour.