Wonderland and a picky eater ?

riekl

And on some ships (I'll be on Anthem) there is the BOGO dinner deal - pay $30 per person and you get TWO specialty restos. You can't pick which two, they assign it for you, but you can change once on board. So that is $15 for Wonderland - no-brainer.

We travelled with uber picky and allergy afflicted friends last summer. I was surprised that they wanted to go, by they did so we booked. The ably catered to the allergy issues and everyone loved it. I was more surprised than anyone[emoji23]. I didn't love the smoky devilled eggs, though the presentation was neat. Other than that - we really enjoyed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was fabulous. Definitely not for everyone, but I love it. :)

It was my favorite meal on the anthem, but I like different. If you are a meat and potatoes guy or vegan, I would not recommend it, but then I would recommend you try to broaden your food choices....:D:rolleyes::eek:

JC <---- 40 years ago, was a meat and potatoes guy, today will eat pretty much anything.

During the cruise, representatives from the restaurant would approach and offer special deals to eat at the restaurant. My husband is not an adventurous eater, and he found things to enjoy here. The restaurant is beautiful and the presentation of the food is beautiful as well . We decided to try and step outside the box on this cruise and try things we normally would not, and it turned out to be one of the best adventures we had ever been on.

We were on Harmony for a med cruise then the TA, we absolutely loved Wonderland. We had eight people so picked our entree's and they just kept bringing the food. I'm not an egg fan but the smoked eggs were amazing, sounds disgusting but try them. The World dessert was everyone's favourite, only if you like chocolate, peanut butter and salted caramel! Go for it, you only live once.

We were on Harmony for a med cruise then the TA, we absolutely loved Wonderland. We had eight people so picked our entree's and they just kept bringing the food. I'm not an egg fan but the smoked eggs were amazing, sounds disgusting but try them. The World dessert was everyone's favourite, only if you like chocolate, peanut butter and salted caramel! Go for it, you only live once.

Wondering if one could go to the Wonderland bar (which I hear is open, even for those not dining in there) and just order that World dessert along with a drink from the bar?:p Has anyone asked or tried this?:rolleyes: If not, you can bet I will!!!! All they can say is "no"!!!;)

Wondering if one could go to the Wonderland bar (which I hear is open, even for those not dining in there) and just order that World dessert along with a drink from the bar?:p Has anyone asked or tried this?:rolleyes: If not, you can bet I will!!!! All they can say is "no"!!!;)

I will ask while there next month

We truly enjoyed Wonderland. A great memory from our Med cruise. We did the 4 night dining package. We really thought it was a great deal. Wonderland was the only specialty restaurant on board that managed to find a sugar free desert option for diabetic . Our waiter was amazing.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.5 HD using Forums mobile app

Edited by Pmorton3360

I kept wondering if we could do this, suggested it many times because oh my goodness that's the best dessert I've ever eaten. Never did ask though. It's amazing how you run out of time on a three week cruise!

Wondering if one could go to the Wonderland bar (which I hear is open, even for those not dining in there

Yes, the Wonderland Bar was advertised several times on the Compass as a drop in venue for anyone with their one-of-a-kind cocktail list only at that Bar. They have about 8 bar stools at the bar which is at the top level across the Maitre'D desk, and removed from the main eating areas below.

And it's included in the drinking package. They emailed me a discounted price for the drinking package ahead of time for under 50 and included tips. I loved the wine bar and you could order appetizers chesp from the restaurant next to it.

Yes, the Wonderland Bar was advertised several times on the Compass as a drop in venue for anyone with their one-of-a-kind cocktail list only at that Bar. They have about 8 bar stools at the bar which is at the top level across the Maitre'D desk, and removed from the main eating areas below.

Yep, thanks but knew that.;) Would like to know if one can order that delicious melting chocolate dessert while sitting at the bar.:p Hmmmm, maybe if I offer the bartender an extra generous tip!!:rolleyes:

We went to Wonderland on Anthem and we are not picky eaters at all, but we still didn't think it was worth the cost. It was cute, but the food in other specialty restaurants that cost less is better.

If you're looking for a really interesting experience then it is fun and the food was OK, but if you are a really picky eater you may not like the weird stuff they serve.

You should take a look at the menu and see if there's something that catches your fancy, but most of the stuff is not typical fare by any means.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
And on some ships (I'll be on Anthem) there is the BOGO dinner deal - pay $30 per person and you get TWO specialty restos. You can't pick which two, they assign it for you, but you can change once on board. So that is $15 for Wonderland - no-brainer.

how do you find this deal?

I have a pretty small appetite, but I REALLY want to try 75% of the menu.... I hope the portions are small so that I don't waste too much :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have a large appetite. I tried the entire menu when we cruised Harmony last month. I was pretty full by the end. It's really a lot of food. 75% of the menu with a small stomach capacity might be tough.

• 4 weeks later...
I kept wondering if we could do this, suggested it many times because oh my goodness that's the best dessert I've ever eaten. Never did ask though. It's amazing how you run out of time on a three week cruise!

Oh yes, please do and let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!;) Hope you have a great cruise on Harmony!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

I asked during our cruise last month...

The waiter thought it was a strange question but he asked the Chef. The Chef said YES! :D:D

The only downfall is he did not share a price with the waiter and I didn't want to bother him again :eek:

We ate at Wonderland twice! :D

Out of our group of 6, nobody wanted to try Wonderland but me and even I thought I might hate it. I was wrong. We all loved it. There was only one time during the meal where I thought "no way I'm eating that" and I ended up loving it. Everything I tried was delicious. Even the very picky 12 year old she said she was "in heaven". It's normal food (ok, maybe bone marrow isn't normal) presented in imaginative ways. For the meat and potato lovers, have the beef. We sampled every entree and there isn't one I wouldn't have again. I only wish I had eaten there more than once.