Ovation

Joc123

We have booked the Ovation Venice to Barcelona May 5th 2018 (Maiden Voyage). Has anyone else? We can't be the only ones as we couldn't get the room we wanted. Not sure if Maiden Voyage means shake down cruise or if she will be launched in Venice. Time will tell. Anyone know?

Hi Joc,

I know quite a few people doing the May, 2018 Venice to Amsterdam cruise. They tell me it is the "maiden cruise" but I'm not sure which segment they are referring too. If you don't get a response on here soon I can ask them for you.

Julie

My OLDER sister and I are also booked on this voyage. When I called Seabourn they said the majority of the rooms are gty because they do not have the final layout of the ship? Which sounded a bit odd at first but I guess after Encore they are making some adjustments- which is great!

Whats amusing to me is CC still does not have Encore or Ovation listed for roll calls!

My OLDER sister and I are also booked on this voyage. When I called Seabourn they said the majority of the rooms are gty because they do not have the final layout of the ship? Which sounded a bit odd at first but I guess after Encore they are making some adjustments- which is great!

Whats amusing to me is CC still does not have Encore or Ovation listed for roll calls!

Encore has been listed a good while.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder if Seabourn are going to try to improve things on Ovation which seem to have been less than perfect on Encore. It would seem that DIY laundry facilities will be organised, but how about the poor drink serving situation in the Club, and the apparent problem of getting seen in turn by Guest Services at the Square? I have not personally travelled yet on Encore, but these seem to have been problems many on board have noticed.

Our experience (based on 2 separate legs on Encore) with Guest Services is that, apart from the huge visual improvement, the area works really well - better than the enclosed format on the other ships. We had no problem either just waiting outside the area for a vacant station or sitting near a couple of the staff and waiting in turn. Sure someone else might get attended to quicker, but we weren't really in a hurry as the ship was usually sailing. The Club is an issue in terms of the amount of heavy furniture and the drinks service. There's been plenty of feedback on this and it's not something that is overly difficult to remedy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app