Differences on Royal vs X

Beh789149

We cruise almost exclusively with X but just booked a pacific coastal on RC due to school schedule and cost. This is our first RC cruise. From reading the boards, it sounds like the MDR serves breakfast, lunch and dinner each day. Is that correct? On X, breakfast and lunch are offered in MDR on select days, usually sea days and disembarkation.

What other differences should we be aware of?

Thanks and aloha!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We cruise almost exclusively with X but just booked a pacific coastal on RC due to school schedule and cost. This is our first RC cruise. From reading the boards, it sounds like the MDR serves breakfast, lunch and dinner each day. Is that correct? On X, breakfast and lunch are offered in MDR on select days, usually sea days and disembarkation.

Thanks and aloha!

No. Breakfast is served every morning in the MDR including disembarkation day. Lunch is only served in the MDR on sea days. It's exactly the same as Celebrity.

On Royal Caribbean, lunch is served in the main dining room on sea days only. Breakfast and dinner are served in the dining room daily. We cruise both RCCL and Celebrity. We thoroughly enjoyed our Pacific Coastal cruise on RCCL in September, 2015. Enjoy!

Edited by marys350

Thanks and aloha!

Are you a member of Celebrity's Loyalty Program? If so, you should check with RCL about being recognized under RCL's Crown and Anchor Society during the cruise. We joined Celebrity's Loyalty Program prior to our one Celebrity cruise and we were accordingly Elite Privileges (we are Diamond Plus on RCL).

Kathy

Are you a member of Celebrity's Loyalty Program? If so, you should check with RCL about being recognized under RCL's Crown and Anchor Society during the cruise. We joined Celebrity's Loyalty Program prior to our one Celebrity cruise and we were accordingly Elite Privileges (we are Diamond Plus on RCL).

Kathy

We are one cruise away from being Elite on X. We have not signed up for RC..we want to wait until we are Elite. As I understand it, they only match the status once. So if I do it now, we will have to earn our next tier on RC instead of being matched with X.

No. Breakfast is served every morning in the MDR including disembarkation day. Lunch is only served in the MDR on sea days. It's exactly the same as Celebrity.

That makes sense, I'm glad I asked the question. Thanks for your help.

We are one cruise away from being Elite on X. We have not signed up for RC..we want to wait until we are Elite. As I understand it, they only match the status once. So if I do it now, we will have to earn our next tier on RC instead of being matched with X.

Not true. Once your Captain's Club account is linked with Royal's Crown & Anchor Society, your RC level will automatically track your Celebrity level.

Note also that Elite is as far as the level matching goes. That will get you to C&A Diamond level.

Celebrity food is definitely better but royal is still fine. Entertainment on royal is the best although there won't be as much live music around the ship. Towels at the pool have to be checked out on your sea pass card. Pool chairs are not all all padded like celebrity. Lots more family and kids on royal. Entertainment staff is more animated-parades and parties with crew dressed up in themes. And of course the characters from Madagascar, kung fu panda. They are different but I love them both.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not true. Once your Captain's Club account is linked with Royal's Crown & Anchor Society, your RC level will automatically track your Celebrity level.

Note also that Elite is as far as the level matching goes. That will get you to C&A Diamond level.

that is great. we will be Elite after our 11.2017 cruise.

Celebrity food is definitely better but royal is still fine. Entertainment on royal is the best although there won't be as much live music around the ship. Towels at the pool have to be checked out on your sea pass card. Pool chairs are not all all padded like celebrity. Lots more family and kids on royal. Entertainment staff is more animated-parades and parties with crew dressed up in themes. And of course the characters from Madagascar, kung fu panda. They are different but I love them both.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Food in MDR was bad on our Celebrity cruise, after a couple of nights of it we just had dinner in specialty restaurants , which were great, also there buffet for breakfast and lunch was better than RCCL

RCI lunches have the Tutti salad bar a lot of the time and it's really good. I haven't seen this same thing on Celebrity.

We like both. If you are bringing kids they'll likely enjoy RCI more since there are more kid things to do.

You may want to check out "The Quest". It's a lot of fun to watch even if you don't participate.

A lot of stuff happens on the Promenade on RCI ships. We like the Promenade ships a lot.

TV is better on Celebrity S-Class ships, but that's not a deal breaker.

You're going to enjoy it.

Tom

It really isn't like that anymore. It's quieter and slower paced, to be sure. There aren't belly flop contests, but there are the same kinds of other games, trivia, and shows.

I think Celebrity is a little classier, but not so much as you'd probably notice. It's just little things.

The S-Class ships are beautiful. Celebrity also has more, longer, cruise itineraries and that tends to attract older people (because they have time), but if you do the 7-day itineraries you'll see lots of kids and younger people.

We switch between them depending on where we feel like going.

Tom

How is the age difference between the two? Ofc more kids = lower avarage age, but im thinking Rccl have more people in their 20-30s aswell? Im interested in a celebrity cruise, but im afraid i will feel like im in a retirement home. :rolleyes: