Towels for Excursions and Pool Towels

spart02

Does Celebrity provide towels for everyone that wants one for excursions, or only the excursions booked directly through them?

Do you have to "check out" a pool towel each time you want to use one? We went on a Royal Caribbean cruise and it was super annoying to have to stand in line to get a towel. I'm hoping Celebrity doesn't do this!

Does Celebrity provide towels for everyone that wants one for excursions, or only the excursions booked directly through them?

Do you have to "check out" a pool towel each time you want to use one? We went on a Royal Caribbean cruise and it was super annoying to have to stand in line to get a towel. I'm hoping Celebrity doesn't do this!

Yes Celebrity provides pool towels for both Celebrity and private excursions. Also your cabin attendant will provide you with pool towels in your cabin. You can also get pool towels from the pool towel stations. No checking them out or in like RCI for onboard use.

Edited by davekathy

Yes Celebrity provides pool towels for both Celebrity and private excursions. Also your cabin attendant will provide you with pool towels in your cabin. You can also get pool towels from the pool towel stations. No checking them out or in like RCI for onboard use.

Last month on Eclipse you just took what you needed from pool deck, stateroom attendant didn't provide them. They were also not available at the gangway as is the past.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Last month on Eclipse you just took what you needed from pool deck, stateroom attendant didn't provide them. They were also not available at the gangway as is the past.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the update. My experience was from our April 2016 14 night Caribbean Cruise on the Eclipse. Maybe our stateroom attendant was just being nice.

Maybe different ships do things differently. But yes, on Eclipse's 14 night itinerary, we just went to the pool deck the day before and took two towels for the day. And made sure to return them there when we returned. I think if people are careless or lazy and don't bring them back to the ship, X will go to the sign out routine. :(

Back in the day there were towels in ones cabin. If they weren't there on departure you had to pay for them. Undertandably this caused a great deal of angst hence there are now no towels (apart from bathroom) in ones cabin and one collects them from the pool deck as required.

Back in the day there were towels in ones cabin. If they weren't there on departure you had to pay for them. Undertandably this caused a great deal of angst hence there are now no towels (apart from bathroom) in ones cabin and one collects them from the pool deck as required.

Back in the day for us was April 2016. Got to admit it was nice but I don't remember the pool towels in our stateroom on our April 2014 Summit Cruise.

In my experience, the towels appear in your cabin the night before first port of call. We have had them provided on every Celebrity cruise we have taken, including our 2 in December 2016 (Reflection) and our one in January 2017 ( Summit ). But, if for some reason, no towels are left by attendant, then just grab them from the pool deck!

Just got off the Silhouette last Sunday. Our cabin steward left us fresh pool/excursion towels for every port day the night before when he turned our bed down. We DID NOT book any excursions through Celebrity.

We had an EXCELLENT steward, who I guess liked us :)

All independently booked excursions here too so, in our case, Celebrity booked excursions vs not didn't seem to factor in.

We did bring the towels back to our cabin after our port day and leave them in the bathroom so it was clear that we returned them. Maybe that mattered?

It was nice having them provided in room but really wouldn't have been a problem to grab a couple from the pool area the night before provided we remembered to do so before making use of our drink package...lol

Every Celebrity cruise I've been on, and I've been on a few, there have been beach towels provided for shore excursions by the cabin attendant the night before the excursion. Those towels used to be a different color from the pool towels. Can't remember whether or not that was still the case last fall. Just return them to your cabin and your cabin attendant will whisk them away and replace them with fresh ones as needed.

Linda

Returned last weekend from 14 day Southern Caribbean onboard the Eclipse. Nicer towels than were on pool deck were left in our stateroom (an inside csbin) the night before a port day. We used them once and returned them to cabin. Fresh towels were left again but we never used them. Could be because we had a "concierge steward" and he was used to providing this service. I must say he was excellent and made having this stay in an inside cabin (late booking) not a hardship.... cabins are the same minus the daylight, which did make us sleep in later than usual but we viewed as a guilty pleasure after a couple of days.