Just back from Carnival Miracle 1/14/17 - 15 day Hawaii

CRocks

Loved the Miracle, maybe my favorite ship. Great food, probably the best. Unfortunately, the weather sucked! Missed 2 ports, Kuwaii and Hilo. Worse than that, only got 1 day of sunbathing on the deck. Had a 30mph headwind all the way to Hawaii + all the way back. So, all the upper decks closed, lounge chairs stacked + strapped. Only ones avail were on serenity or lido + they were takin my 8am. Was really looking forward to 10 sea days, but not like these. Not Carnivals fault, but if you're considering this cruise, it's VERY important consideration. :(

We did this trip in April a few years ago and once we were about 2 days out of California it started to warm up nicely with very little wind. We could go again this April and find the wind blowing 50 knots and heavy seas. It really is a crap shoot!

Loved the Miracle, maybe my favorite ship. Great food, probably the best. Unfortunately, the weather sucked! Missed 2 ports, Kuwaii and Hilo. Worse than that, only got 1 day of sunbathing on the deck. Had a 30mph headwind all the way to Hawaii + all the way back. So, all the upper decks closed, lounge chairs stacked + strapped. Only ones avail were on serenity or lido + they were takin my 8am. Was really looking forward to 10 sea days, but not like these. Not Carnivals fault, but if you're considering this cruise, it We did that cruise once and lost too many days because of strong winds and bad weather, so never again.

You guys are scaring me. How is Hawaii in October? I'm scheduled for the 10/2017 trip.

No guarantees but we've sailed twice to Hawaii in October and haven't missed a port. We did have some weather but (IMO) nothing too bad. YMMV

We have sailed to Hawaii twice, both times in April. The 1st time the weather was sunny and warm, seas pretty calm. Very nice. 2nd time, both going and coming back, weather was cool, windy, and sort of rocky. We also couldn't be out on deck much. Good part was we were sailing with a big CC group, and had so many activities planned, that the sea days just flew right on past. Both times the week in Hawaii, the weather was sunny and warm. Never missed a port.

We still got to see a few whales, even tho most of them are gone by April.

As someone has already stated, the weather is a crap shoot, whenever you go.

We normally love sea days, but when yah gotta spend them inside the ship, 10 sea days gets really old! And, we had an excursion planned to Waimea Cyn on Kuaii and helicopter ride to the volcano in Hilo, so missing these 2 ports were really disappointing. Next year it's back to the Caribbean. Never had a bad day there this time of year.

Winter is rainy season on this end of the Pacific and this year is extra specially rainy!

Sorry about your missed ports and indoor sea days.

We have gone at the beginning of December to Hawaii and been lucky but you never know!

Even though it didn't rain while we were there our hotel had warnings against going into the ocean to snorkel because the surf was too dangerous, so that was a disappointment too!

Edited by riffatsea

We just did this cruise end of November. Rained every single port day. Not much sun on sea days either. We had a great time anyways. Ship and crew were outstanding.

I was on the Princess Grand over Thanksgiving when the tender door broke and we missed Ensenada and went to Honolulu twice. Oh yes, the weather was hit and miss too, but it was a fun trip. Most passengers were older and were in no rush The crew were always calm, kind and efficient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Winter is rainy season on this end of the Pacific and this year is extra specially rainy!

Sorry about your missed ports and indoor sea days.

We have gone at the beginning of December to Hawaii and been lucky but you never know!

Even though it didn't rain while we were there our hotel had warnings against going into the ocean to snorkel because the surf was too dangerous, so that was a disappointment too!

Can never tell about the weather. Have done this on CCL and Princess.

Last time on Princess weather was great but for second time helicopter on Kaui cancelled due to storms.

Loved the Miracle, maybe my favorite ship. Great food, probably the best. Unfortunately, the weather sucked! Missed 2 ports, Kuwaii and Hilo. Worse than that, only got 1 day of sunbathing on the deck. Had a 30mph headwind all the way to Hawaii + all the way back. So, all the upper decks closed, lounge chairs stacked + strapped. Only ones avail were on serenity or lido + they were takin my 8am. Was really looking forward to 10 sea days, but not like these. Not Carnivals fault, but if you're considering this cruise, it's VERY important consideration. :(

We were right with you. Thank goodness we made it into Honolulu. I am retired military and the Arizona has been on my list forever. The military afternoon in the theater was wonderful with even one WWII vet in attendance. We must have had over 200 men and women on stage for the final picture!

We had the same experience on our January Hawaii cruise a few years ago. We missed Kona and the weather on the way there and back was way too cold to enjoy the decks. We still enjoyed it, but it would have been better during warmer months I think. We actually got very bored on the way back. Kona was supposed to be our last port day so we basically had 5 or 6 sea days in a row. I love sea days, but as others have said, that is way too many in a row, especially when the weather is bad.

I've been on 3 Hawaii cruises and I love them. Has the weather been perfect? No. Have the seas been rough? Sometimes. Have we made all the ports each time? No. But you know what? I love these cruises because there are surprises along the way. I love the motion of the ocean and don't get worked up when the itinerary isn't exactly as planned. We roll with it. Never a dull moment! And I agree that Miracle has amazing food. It is my favorite ship in the fleet! I'm boarding her again a week from Saturday, but just a 7 night Mexico cruise this time. Can't wait!

We love the Miracle. Great ship and crew. Have sailed her twice. The last time was the 15-day to Hawaii in October 2014. Had perfect weather the entire cruise. Sailing her again to Hawaii this coming December. Keeping fingers crossed that we have the same good weather.

Amazing how one person's opinion of a ship can so differ. I sailed the Miracle in September thought the food on the lido deck was the worst. I thought the ship was showing her age and could use an upgrade. I personally like the newer bigger ships.

Amazing how one person's opinion of a ship can so differ. I sailed the Miracle in September thought the food on the lido deck was the worst. I thought the ship was showing her age and could use an upgrade. I personally like the newer bigger ships.

Personally like the newer and bigger ships with more bells and whistles but have enjoyed our cruises on the Miracle

Personally like the newer and bigger ships with more bells and whistles but have enjoyed our cruises on the Miracle

We prefer ships of this size. Our preference in Celebrity is the Millennium class which is about the same size as the Miracle. The only 'bell and whistle' that might interest me would be the bumper cars on a couple of mega ships. Other than that, we really like the slightly smaller ones. Just wish Miracle had really gotten Fun 2.0 instead of 1.5 during its drydock. Heck, even Inspiration got things that Miracle did not(!?). If Blue Iguana and Guy's can fit on that boat and its sisters, why not Miracle?

We prefer ships of this size. Our preference in Celebrity is the Millennium class which is about the same size as the Miracle. The only 'bell and whistle' that might interest me would be the bumper cars on a couple of mega ships. Other than that, we really like the slightly smaller ones. Just wish Miracle had really gotten Fun 2.0 instead of 1.5 during its drydock. Heck, even Inspiration got things that Miracle did not(!?). If Blue Iguana and Guy's can fit on that boat and its sisters, why not Miracle?

Suspect Miracle will get those on next drydock. They were originally sending her to China and decided those were not necessary.