Bacon prices to increase!

cruise pup

Just heard this on the TV news. Farmers can't meet the increase in consumer demand and prices are expected to rise. So don't be surprised if the bacon police replace their tongs with tweezers.

Always ask for 2 slices only and always get 6 or more. The way they prepare the bacon, the strips get all stuck together and the servers could care less that they are putting more than requested or should.

Just heard this on the TV news. Farmers can't meet the increase in consumer demand and prices are expected to rise. So don't be surprised if the bacon police start using tweezers instead of tongs.

That's interesting, since 2016, the US pork production set an all time record of 25 billion pounds, and even more is expected in 2017.

An article I read stated that hog meat should go down.

http://www.wattagnet.com/articles/29050-us-set-to-produce-record-number-of-hogs-in-2016

What's interesting, is that I googled it, and some news articles are saying bacon prices are going up due to demand.

Another article I read says prices are going down due to record number of hogs being raised....

Darn... Seems we miss out of investing in pork belly futures. :eek: :D

Seriously, wonder if ships will be more careful about not having big piles of bacon so when you only want two pieces you end up with enough to feed a family for a week? :rolleyes:

That's interesting, since 2016, the US pork production set an all time record of 25 billion pounds, and even more is expected in 2017.

An article I read stated that hog meat should go down.

http://www.wattagnet.com/articles/29050-us-set-to-produce-record-number-of-hogs-in-2016

What's interesting, is that I googled it, and some news articles are saying bacon prices are going up due to demand.

Another article I read says prices are going down due to record number of hogs being raised....

Sometimes, you don't know what news to believe anymore.

Just heard this on the TV news. Farmers can't meet the increase in consumer demand and prices are expected to rise. So don't be surprised if the bacon police replace their tongs with tweezers.

You seem oinks-cious to tell us all about it /ducks :D

Is there any way to get the bacon crispy? everytime its sort of wet noodely

lol

Put it on a lounger by the pool, you know the ones that are being guarded by a book. Let it sun bake for 2 hours. Personally I think the hog farmers are keeping the bacon for themselves.

Is there any way to get the bacon crispy? everytime its sort of wet noodely

lol

On Vista Lido 2 weeks ago, bacon was reasonably crisp. But still stuck together and I got 4-5 slices with one thong serving. I think they cook it in mass batches in an oven. So it's not your kitchen stove splattered bacon.

Sometimes, you don't know what news to believe anymore.

That's because they are interviewed different economists. It reminds me of the joke about the mathamatician, the account and the ecomomist who apply for the same job.

The interviewer calls in the mathematician and asks "What do two plus two equal?" The mathematician replies "Four." The interviewer asks "Four, exactly?" The mathematician looks at the interviewer incredulously and says "Yes, four, exactly."

Then the interviewer calls in the accountant and asks the same question "What do two plus two equal?" The accountant says "On average, four - give or take ten percent, but on average, four."

Then the interviewer calls in the economist and poses the same question "What do two plus two equal?" The economist gets up, locks the door, closes the shade, sits down next to the interviewer and says, "What do you want it to equal"?

:D

Edited by DirtyDawg

On the Dream last year, I went thru the buffet line for breakfast. When I finally got to the bacon station, low and behold, our MDR waiter, Pyotr, was serving up the bacon. I said good morning, said they must be working him hard to have to get up this early. He smiled and gave me 6, count 'em, 6 slices. Needless to say, he got a good tip at the end of the cruise :-)

Sent from my Galaxy 4

Edited by Raxter54

On Vista Lido 2 weeks ago, bacon was reasonably crisp. But still stuck together and I got 4-5 slices with one thong serving. I think they cook it in mass batches in an oven. So it's not your kitchen stove splattered bacon.

Thong serving!!? Yikes!