What's the point of Vintages. It's empty 99% of the time

My wife and I enjoy Vintages, and always go there pre-dinner to try a new glass of wine. If given a choice between a relatively "crowded" Vintages vs one that is "slow", we'll take slow -- more time to compare what's available and to pick the staff's brain in terms of their favourite wines to sample.

Michael

We loved having later afternoon tapas and wine in sea days. We always do late dining so it's a nice spot to relax and enjoy. There's always been 10-15 people in there with us around 3pm on those days

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I love Vintages. Prob our favorite "bar" on the ship. On the Liberty, in Nov, we did the dinner and wine pairing. I thought it was better than the Chef's dinner. They would have wine and cheese party's throughout the days and seemed surprisingly busy during the cruise.

I love the one on Allure. My buddy and I would be there daily doing tastings and enjoying the tapas. Personally, on Allure, I think it's in a bad location and can missed easily.

Have you noticed that Caymus is no longer offered by the glass?

I saw that on the above post.

We just asked the bartender and he gave us 2 glasses for $31. Did it four times during a B2B on Harmony. Real nice pours with a $4 tip each time.

Not sure how it will work on Jewel in April??

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I saw that on the above post.

We just asked the bartender and he gave us 2 glasses for $31. Did it four times during a B2B on Harmony.

Not sure how it will work on Jewel in April??

Please let me know if you get it to work on Jewel because we will be on the fall TA.

• 1 month later...

We were on the Allure in March - and Vintages was our favorite bar. We were there 5 out of the 7 days (only skipping it the days we were in St. Thomas and St. Maarten).

Daniel D. was our favorite bartender. We first stopped there for lunch on boarding Allure. It was quiet and relaxing - and Daniel suggested wines that were within our $13 drink package limit - that he thought were good. We also had some tapas (on this visit and others) which were delicious!

On each of our other visits - whether we had tapas or not - he'd make suggestions on wines we could try. He was very friendly and every wine we tried we enjoyed. We also had the 2 for 1 deals from C&A - and we used those to try the Caymus and the Opus One.

On our last day - when we walked in, he had already set two places for us! I thought maybe they were for someone that had reserved a tasting! He brought out several tapas for us - based on ones he had seen us enjoy over the week - and they were on the house.

We loved Central Park - and Vintages was one of the highlights - as it was a very relaxing spot and Daniel offered up a lot of knowledge about the wines.

We love Vintages. Has always been our favorite spot. It is a spot for wine enthusiasts. They offer the best selection of wines on the ship. Rather than buy a drink package, we spurge on bottles of wine at Vintages. We enjoy our D+ champagne in Vintages and then a nice bottle of wine we purchase. It is a quiet, relaxing atmosphere. The wine and dinner pairing offered on Liberty in Vintages was by far the best meal we have had on RC. It exceeded the Chef's Table and showed the importance of the correct pairing of wine and food. Reminded me of the Chef's Table of old when there was really a Chef involved that discussed each course and the wine pairing. It is one place we can go where the only thing they are trying to sell me is wine and we are always in the market for that! Love Vintages! ;)