scary departure on Navigator this morning!

My daughter and i were disembarking the Navigator after a wonderful cruise this morning, and we were almost to the customs officer when alarms started flashing and ringing. An announcement was made that an emergency had been reported, and we were to find the nearest stairwell and exit. Within a minute they closed the doors leading to the customs officers and out of the building. We were essentially trapped. We were not told what was going on, and the looks on the faces of those with authority were extremely serious and concerned. Of course with the way the world is today, I immediately thought it was an active shooting situation and began formulating a plan in my mind on what to do if shots were fired. After what seemed like an hour (in reality it was 10 or 15 minutes) the doors opened and they quickly directed us to a customs official. He asked us where we were from, took our form, didn't even look at the passports, and told us to go. I asked him if we were safe, to which he said "yes." But his eyes said no. I still do not know what happened but we couldn't get out of there fast enough. If anyone knows what happened i would like to know. It was an extremely scary situation. I'm thankful to be safely at home.

Saw this on another thread.

Port of Miami on heightened alert "Police became suspicious and discovered two men hiding in the sleeper cab of the 18-wheeler. All three ...

That news story is from January 7th, 2017.

Yikes! Thanks for sharing your experience! So glad everyone was okay.

My family and I were onboard the ship waiting to disembark. They made an announcement at 10am that all disembarkation numbers had been called. We headed down to the gangway and stood in line for quite a while, not moving - nobody was being allowed off the ship (this had happened several times earlier due to customs backlogs). Finally an officer came out and yelled that due to a "fire emergency" in the terminal, nobody was being allowed in at that time. He instructed us to head back inside the ship to wait. About 10 minutes later, they advised us that they were disembarking again. We went back to wait in line, and were once again held outside and informed that customs was backlogged. 30 minutes later, they let us down the gangway but we got stuck for another 30+ minutes in line upstairs in the terminal. (I think they were just trying to clear the ship because it was almost 11am by that time). Once we started moving, we reached customs quickly and were out of there in no time. It seemed to be business as usual once we started moving.

We were just glad we weren't in the terminal when it was evacuated! Sounds like a scary time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My daughter and i were disembarking the Navigator after a wonderful cruise this morning, and we were almost to the customs officer when alarms started flashing and ringing. An announcement was made that an emergency had been reported, and we were to find the nearest stairwell and exit. Within a minute they closed the doors leading to the customs officers and out of the building. We were essentially trapped. We were not told what was going on, and the looks on the faces of those with authority were extremely serious and concerned. Of course with the way the world is today, I immediately thought it was an active shooting situation and began formulating a plan in my mind on what to do if shots were fired. After what seemed like an hour (in reality it was 10 or 15 minutes) the doors opened and they quickly directed us to a customs official. He asked us where we were from, took our form, didn't even look at the passports, and told us to go. I asked him if we were safe, to which he said "yes." But his eyes said no. I still do not know what happened but we couldn't get out of there fast enough. If anyone knows what happened i would like to know. It was an extremely scary situation. I'm thankful to be safely at home.

It's over so forget it.