There is no D+ desk

Just letting you know...

There's not actually a Diamond plus desk. When you call that number, a regular Crown and Anchor agent will answer the phone and say they're the Diamond plus desk. All CAS agents are trained to handle D+ members that way. You're not getting more competent agents, it's the same ones as always, you're just being addressed differently.

Perhaps one expects something better than just the regular crown and anchor desk. i didn't know there was a d+ desk but if I called would expect something other than the crown and anchor desk. I don't think anyone is being snotty. Sometimes with posts vs conversation it can be misinterpreted.

I called the D+ desk a few hours ago and asked the agent to put in my table request She said she was new to the D+ desk (which may mean that the call is flagged if there are no actual designated agents) and did not know how to do that so she checked with her supervisor.

I believe the answer time (by an agent) for the phone call is a bit faster.

I must be lucky (timing) when I call I tend to get some familiar names I definitely remember...some very helpful knowledgeable agents.

I called the D+ desk a few hours ago and asked the agent to put in my table request She said she was new to the D+ desk (which may mean that the call is flagged if there are no actual designated agents) and did not know how to do that so she checked with her supervisor.

I usually call Mon-Fri normal business hours...I think that helps.

Welcome to CC.

Totally agree, again.

I cannot believe people actually believe the phone people know what they are taking about.

When I used to call them(a long time ago)I would ask the person how many cruises they have been on.

It was almost always none..

Although it did seem pretty clear connection from Pakistan...

And the thing is, the agents are only as knowledgeable as the company allows. There are so many policy changes and promos and the agents don't know until after the fact. That's not their fault.

In any case, yes, the reason I said the bit about being snotty was the "what's your point" comment. It was kind of rude.

And the thing is, the agents are only as knowledgeable as the company allows. There are so many policy changes and promos and the agents don't know until after the fact. That's not their fault.

In any case, yes, the reason I said the bit about being snotty was the "what's your point" comment. It was kind of rude.

If you knew anything about me, you'd know that I am probably one of the least likely people to be rude on here. My comment "what's your point" was not intended to be offensive, but rather simply ask that exact question. My apologies if you interpreted it any other way.

Happy sailing [emoji572]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is that there used to be special D and D+ desks, but they got rid of them some years back as a cost savings.

The D+ desk, in particular, was so resplendent that it hurt the eyes to look directly at it - MUCH, MUCH higher than the lowly D desk, and, of course encrusted with large diamonds from top to bottom. The phone was gold, with a second platinum and diamond phone in case a Pinnacle called.

Agents fought to man that desk, as they got to wear a special hat/crown, and all the guests that called knew RC policies better than they did.

You used to be able to hit 9 and get a quicker response, that was some time ago

That still works, and with what has been posted here, maybe the quicker response is all you get anymore by pressing 9.

If you knew anything about me, you'd know that I am probably one of the least likely people to be rude on here. My comment "what's your point" was not intended to be offensive, but rather simply ask that exact question. My apologies if you interpreted it any other way.

Happy sailing [emoji572]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robyn is about as laid back, kindest people here. On the subject of the Diamond Desk, I met one of the top managers from Oregon when I was on the Presidents cruise last September, and he told me that during the day, there are 5 people that try to get the calls that dial the extra digit.

Rick

On the subject of the Diamond Desk, I met one of the top managers from Oregon when I was on the Presidents cruise last September, and he told me that during the day, there are 5 people that try to get the calls that dial the extra digit.

But what good is talking to someone at the "D desk" if they give you the same bogus answer as any other RCI CSR?:p

Just letting you know...

There's not actually a Diamond plus desk. When you call that number, a regular Crown and Anchor agent will answer the phone and say they're the Diamond plus desk. All CAS agents are trained to handle D+ members that way. You're not getting more competent agents, it's the same ones as always, you're just being addressed differently.

I guess there is no Santa Clause, either.:(