Craziest thing you've seen another passenger do

danielbriere

On the AOTS a guy in the Windjammer buffet took the entire silver pan ( the ones that sit in the stations ) that was just refilled with chicken wings and brought it to the table where his family was sitting. They all dug in from that big pan while overs watched lol

Not so crazy but pretty weird: First morning of our cruise I open the door to out cabin and immediately step on a room service tray load with dirty dishes. Second morning, I open the door and there's a tray of dirty dishes there again. Third day, I'm up, but haven't left yet, and her a tinkling sound outside of my cabin, so I yank the door open and a women in a bathrobe is putting her room service tray in front of my door "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU"RE DOING?" I yelled. She fell back on her butt, got up and ran down the passageway.

Next day, no tray in front of my door.

Not so crazy but pretty weird: First morning of our cruise I open the door to out cabin and immediately step on a room service tray load with dirty dishes. Second morning, I open the door and there's a tray of dirty dishes there again. Third day, I'm up, but haven't left yet, and her a tinkling sound outside of my cabin, so I yank the door open and a women in a bathrobe is putting her room service tray in front of my door "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU"RE DOING?" I yelled. She fell back on her butt, got up and ran down the passageway.

Next day, no tray in front of my door.

This cracked me up! I wonder if she liked you and was leaving the crumbs from her meal at your door, much like a cat will leave his half-eaten mouse at the door like it's a precious gift. :D

The stories here are great. We travel with friends and have had many interesting things happen cruising throughout the years. People at home look at you like you are crazy when you tell cruise stories. We now have a mantra in our group of cruise friends: "You can't make this "stuff" up!." This thread is proof of that.

One weird moment we had was in the MDR one night. We sat next to a lovely couple - the man a few years older than his wife. As the wine flowed, we had a wonderful time chatting with them. After dessert, the woman, who was sitting next to my husband, said to him "I have to say something. You look just like Kenny Rogers (before his plastic surgery). I love Kenny Rogers and have been dying to run my fingers through your hair all night!" As I said, the wine had been flowing so I have a picture of my husband with a very big grin on his face having his head rubbed by an attractive woman while her bald husband and I looked on.

You can't make this stuff up!

On our first Celebrity cruise 15 years ago through the Panama Canal, there was a gentlemen who wore a blue and white seersucker suit and pants all day every day on this cruise. Needless to say by day 15 the white had become quite brown.

Yes, I agree, Ocean Dancer. red neck Bob's last post is confusing.

There was a disrespectful post yesterday followed by several responses to it. The Host removed all those posts which was good.

I have had posts removed myself, not from being disrespectful. I think, by just trying to get stuff out to you folks on how you could get real good deals on cruises; not mentioning any TA names. I won't mention any cruise line names except it sounds a little like one of those big bodies of water; there are seven of them. They advertise deep discounts off their cruises and further state that no one is allowed to discount their prices. Well, that's wrong. There is a agency that does discount their prices by up to 50% and everytime I post that on their CC site it get removes. Go figure !

Years ago, I was following a thread when later I couldn't find it. I started a new one asking if anyone knew where it went. Ooops. Big mistake. I have a guideline warning that can never be removed. At the time I never realized that asking why a thread was removed was a no no. :halo:

I did not realize I would have something to post after our two-week cruise which ended Saturday. The last evening at the martini bar there was a very intoxicated man who continually stated he was a dentist and where he went to college.(said it was the best dental college in the United States; I've not yet tried to verify that!) He was running from person to person trying to put his hands on our face and teeth. Thankfully he would back off as we resisted. He also told me he had pliers in his room! it was rather crazy!

I did not realize I would have something to post after our two-week cruise which ended Saturday. The last evening at the martini bar there was a very intoxicated man who continually stated he was a dentist and where he went to college.(said it was the best dental college in the United States; I've not yet tried to verify that!) He was running from person to person trying to put his hands on our face and teeth. Thankfully he would back off as we resisted. He also told me he had pliers in his room! it was rather crazy!

Is this him?

little-shop-of-horrors-5.jpg

I haven't had the pleasure of sailing with Celebrity since I have a Carnival budget. But I visit this board periodically just to read this thread. These anecdotes are amazing.

Happy sailing to all of you.

Keep checking out celebrity. I thought I was limited to just Carnival based on price, but now financially it makes more sense and is more convenient book with X.

I booked a 12 night Med cruise in a Concierge class cabin last year with 2 perks(drinks and gratuities) for $899. A similar carnival cruise was $949 for a 10 night in an inside not including a drink package or gratuities.

I took a short cruise on the Silhouette in January for $400 for a Balcony with 2 perks included(drinks and $300 OBC). A similar carnival cruise was $389 with no perks.

Now having sailed with the drink package it's too convenient than buying the water from Carnival and constantly going back to my cabin for some water, but I won't spend the $55 a day for a package ever.

I have an upcoming cruise on the Silhouette which was $1600 pp for a 12 night in Concierge that includes drinks, gratuities, and $500 OBC. A similar Carnival for an 8 night cruise was $1000 per person but is 4 nights shorter and doesn't include all those other benefits.

When all is said and done I love both cruise lines, but with the perks and the way prices are going up X seems to be winning out on price over and over again. As well as the convenience of not running back to my room for a drink all the time.

One area Carnival is million times better and I wish Celebrity did better is trivia. I do miss all the trivia Carnival does during the day as I'm not a pool person.

Keep looking for deals and you will definitely find something. On the surface it may seem more expensive, but it really isn't for me when I break down the cost and what I'm getting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I would have told him I was a proctologist, and then .......

On a recent cruise, there was an elderly lady in a wheel chair (mostly for convenience) who had a REALLY scraggly old lap dog (shiatzu or something) wearing a vest. We had seen her around several times throughout the cruise and always with her husband pushing her around.

Finally we were in the elevator with several other people and this lady w/husband got on the elevator. Someone in the crowd asked her,

"What service does your dog provide to you?"

And she said,

"I sometimes have dizzy spells, and if I fall down, the dog will bark until someone comes to help me up."

Before I could stop my tongue, the words popped out,

"Your Husband is standing right there! Can't he bark until someone comes to help?"

One more, and I'll quit.....

We were on a summer cruise where the last stop on Friday was Cozumel. If you've been there you know how HOT it can get. The itinerary was Sat.= Sea-Day and then Disembark on Sunday.

As we were walking up the pier to get back on the ship we overheard a couple behind us talking, and I swear the man was serious when he said,

"I hope they took on enough water here - tomorrow is a sea-day and everyone is going to want to take a shower".

This is so discusting I hesitate to post it.....

Only one week ago, I repeatedly witnessed a man blowing his nose in a little clear plastic jar which he carried in plain site for the entire cruise! I cannot get the image out of my head.

Don't know if this crazy or disgusting but on Sili I saw a guy shove an older lady in the solarium pool because she was in his way and he couldn't swim laps , pool is small,anyway. Then security came and hauled him off to the naughty room.