Craziest thing you've seen another passenger do

danielbriere

My first cruise was a few years ago on NCL Epic. I was lying around the pool with my teenage daughter in The Haven while my son and husband were at the waterslides. I looked up as a woman was walking by, we made eye contact and I said "hello". Five minutes later the woman came up to me and said "it looks like you have a situation!". I had a minor sunburn from not distributing my sunscreen properly. I said that I did but it's not bothering me. She then asks me to rub sunscreen on her back! She was wearing a one piece that had a huge U shape in the back. I was taken so off guard, I did it, I rubbed the sunscreen on her back. I was so grossed out, my daughter was killing herself laughing. When I was done, the woman asked me to do her arms!!! She can most definitely do her own arms, but I did it!

So, was the crazy the woman asking or you doing it?;p

On Equinox, an elderly couple having s.. at the balcony on a port day, port side,lower floor, ship still in port time :(

Next day they talked about in a couples game.....

Nooooo! Oh my!!! There are no words.....[emoji46]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My first cruise was a few years ago on NCL Epic. I was lying around the pool with my teenage daughter in The Haven while my son and husband were at the waterslides. I looked up as a woman was walking by, we made eye contact and I said "hello". Five minutes later the woman came up to me and said "it looks like you have a situation!". I had a minor sunburn from not distributing my sunscreen properly. I said that I did but it's not bothering me. She then asks me to rub sunscreen on her back! She was wearing a one piece that had a huge U shape in the back. I was taken so off guard, I did it, I rubbed the sunscreen on her back. I was so grossed out, my daughter was killing herself laughing. When I was done, the woman asked me to do her arms!!! She can most definitely do her own arms, but I did it!

Oh that would have killed my daughter too! And as much as I agree it's a really bizarre situation, I'm sure I'd have done the same as you! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you call security?

DON

No, I'm sure they had no clue anyone outside their cabin could even hear them. Haven't heard any piano playing since either.

On the flip side, we were coming back to our cabin the other night. Hand on the door handle about to open it and stopped to read a paper left stuck in our cabin number sign. Noticed a woman hovering behind us and eventually she asked "Oh are you the ones in this cabin?" I was tempted to reply "no, but their mail is better than ours!" We said yes and she just walked away. The next day we were hanging out in the cabin freshening up after a hot day in port and we got three phone calls all within an hour, none of which had the caller say anything when we answered.

It was Chip Chase.....Celebrity's Santa Claus! He is devoted to Celebrity cruise members and brings them gifts on every cruise. He and his wife Jenny, who live on a ranch in Texas,, cruise eight times a year. He has a loyal following of friends on Facebook. A nicer couple you will never meet.

Carol Ann Westbrook. Brantford, Ontario.

How crazy, on my only Celebrity cruise I saw Mr. Chase! He was the first person I met as he was in the computer room when I went with my FIL to set up his wifi package. At the time I didn't think much of him but I saw him many more times on the cruise and he and his wife were often giving out gifts. I wish I had struck up some conversation with him and his wife. Maybe I will get lucky and see them on our cruise in a little over a month.

I have also seen disgusting behavior at the buffet. People think they can grab chips with their hands, use the tongs...even if the tongs may break some of the chips!

The craziest thing I saw, or heard, was on Carnival. We were walking down the hall from our cabin and a couple was engaged in some VERY loud...activities. They seemed to be having an amazing time.

I haven't sailed Celebrity but found this thread doing a search. Read all 30 pages in one sitting!

This wasn't crazy but it was funny. I was on a cruise on my own and had stopped at the library to pick up a couple of books. A gentleman spoke to me, nodding at his wife who was carrying a stack of books, and said "I guess I won't be getting lucky on this trip" (or words to that effect). I laughed and carried on. That would have been the end of it, except when I went to dinner that evening, the same couple were at my table! We had a good chuckle over our earlier encounter. If you're out there George and Pat, hello. :)

On a RC Cruise, a guy who wore his swim trunks on formal night to dinner in the dining room. I guess it would've been OK if his butt crack wasn't showing.

On a Carnival Cruise, the guy in line in front of us...security had to inspect his bag and pulled out a huge 10 inch machete! He said he would take it back to his car. Whoops!

My daughter saw a guy jump from one deck to another to get away from security. That was a Carnival Cruise, also. The things you see!

Without a doubt it is the gluttons at the buffet lunch (every cruise without exception has one or two). First someone please tell them that the ship is NOT going to run out of food. Second also please tell them that there is no limit to the number of times that they can go through the buffet. There is no reason on earth that they have to load their plates to the limit and then leave a stream of bits of food falling off their plates as they continue to wander around the buffet area to make certain that they didn't miss anything. Lastly, take as much as you can eat but please eat all that you take. It is sickening how much food gets left at the table and has to be carted off by those wonderful crew members who probably wish they could somehow send that food back to their own countries, What sort of images of our respective countries do these "gluttonous passengers" leave with the crew?

Without a doubt it is the gluttons at the buffet lunch (every cruise without exception has one or two). First someone please tell them that the ship is NOT going to run out of food. Second also please tell them that there is no limit to the number of times that they can go through the buffet. There is no reason on earth that they have to load their plates to the limit and then leave a stream of bits of food falling off their plates as they continue to wander around the buffet area to make certain that they didn't miss anything. Lastly, take as much as you can eat but please eat all that you take. It is sickening how much food gets left at the table and has to be carted off by those wonderful crew members who probably wish they could somehow send that food back to their own countries, What sort of images of our respective countries do these "gluttonous passengers" leave with the crew?

Since you mentioned it we'll let you take the lead on it. Thanks.

...It is sickening how much food gets left at the table and has to be carted off by those wonderful crew members who probably wish they could somehow send that food back to their own countries, ...

Whilst not condoning food waste why would the crew want to send left over food scraps back to their own countries? I think the crew are on board for the money not escaping starvation

Whilst not condoning food waste why would the crew want to send left over food scraps back to their own countries? I think the crew are on board for the money not escaping starvation

I didn't literally mean that the crew wanted to package food scraps but I have seen enough fellow passengers taking (for example) multiple deserts and literally taking one taste and leaving the majority of that piece of cake or pie untouched on the table to wonder what the wait staff thought when they threw a napkin over that waste and carted it off to the food waste bin.

I didn't literally mean that the crew wanted to package food scraps but I have seen enough fellow passengers taking (for example) multiple deserts and literally taking one taste and leaving the majority of that piece of cake or pie untouched on the table to wonder what the wait staff thought when they threw a napkin over that waste and carted it off to the food waste bin.

Isn't the food waste thrown overboard to feed the poor, starving fishes?

Isn't the food waste thrown overboard to feed the poor, starving fishes?

yes it is. First it's all chummed ans then evacuated periodically. Sometimes you can see the fish and dolphins swimming in the wake to feed. This is per the environmental officer who is responsible for the process on board.

While in the co-ed steam room with my wife, in comes this guy completely naked! We decided to leave and he complained to my wife that she needed to collect her towel and not leave them for others to have to collect.

I agree wholeheartedly with the shameful waste of food by some passengers. The good news is during the Silhouette galley tour we were informed that they are now processing food waste into bio fuel for the pods. Not sure if this is fleet wide, and I can't find any written info on it.

I agree wholeheartedly with the shameful waste of food by some passengers. The good news is during the Silhouette galley tour we were informed that they are now processing food waste into bio fuel for the pods. Not sure if this is fleet wide, and I can't find any written info on it.

Thank you for that information. I know most cruise passengers cannot fathom the world that many of the crew come from to work on the ships for months on end to earn the money that will bring a better life for their families. If you actually witnessed (as I have) the scavengers on landfills in Manila, Mumbai and elsewhere digging though rubbish in search of food you couldn't help but wonder how they can be so polite to us when we behave as we do. To unthinkingly waste so much food because "we paid for it" in our cruise fare really does paint us in an unflattering way in the eyes of these people who know that back home there are children digging through garbage in search of morsels who can only dream of eating that chocolate cake with only one bite missing that must now be processed for disposal on board the hundreds of cruise ships that are sailing each day.

• Like 1

What if the dessert you get off the bar is gross? I left a perfectly "good" piece of cake on my table on a recent cruise because it was terrible. Am I now supposed to eat food I don't like because someone somewhere else in the world may have it worse off than me?

Thank you for that information. I know most cruise passengers cannot fathom the world that many of the crew come from to work on the ships for months on end to earn the money that will bring a better life for their families. If you actually witnessed (as I have) the scavengers on landfills in Manila, Mumbai and elsewhere digging though rubbish in search of food you couldn't help but wonder how they can be so polite to us when we behave as we do. To unthinkingly waste so much food because "we paid for it" in our cruise fare really does paint us in an unflattering way in the eyes of these people who know that back home there are children digging through garbage in search of morsels who can only dream of eating that chocolate cake with only one bite missing that must now be processed for disposal on board the hundreds of cruise ships that are sailing each day.

Just think of how many people you could feed with your cruise fare instead?

I agree there is a food shortage and that waste is a problem. I also object to the fact that everyone points to third world countries. There is an enormous hunger and homelessness issue right in our own backyard. However, it's a personal decision on what to do about it. I would not ever get on a soap box to lecture people about the issue unless I was "all in" to solve it, and I am not. I recognize that and admit it.

As to the next poster...I quite agree. I am not going to eat anything that doesn't taste good. I take very tiny portions and try, before I take a full portion. If that means some goes to waste though, that's the way it is. I rarely eat at the buffet because I find most of the food there terrible.

What if the dessert you get off the bar is gross? I left a perfectly "good" piece of cake on my table on a recent cruise because it was terrible. Am I now supposed to eat food I don't like because someone somewhere else in the world may have it worse off than me?

Agree. I stopped eating everything on my plate (god or bad) after basic training (believe me you were forced to eat everything on your plate) before I went to Vietnam.

Edited by davekathy

Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself...

DH and I come back from an excursion and we ordered room service. We each ordered a burger with cheese, onions, lettuce and tomato. (Stay with me)

Awhile later there's a knock at the door and two room service guys come in with a CART loaded with plates with covers. I just thought we were the first cabin in their delivery route. Alas, no. We were delivered a hamburger with cheese, a hamburger with onions, a hamburger with tomato AND a hamburger with lettuce...EACH!!

I'm trying to explain that one burger is plenty and we all started to laugh. The guys said that they thought we must be VERY hungry!

There was a glitch in their onscreen ordering system.

• Like 1

We were on the Reflection this past February, and decided to treat ourselves to the Tuscan Grille the first night. As first time Celebrity cruisers we were interested in the specialty restaurants, and the price break decided us. I know there have been mixed reviews on the various Tuscan Grills fleet wise , but we had a lovely meal with great service. It was a lovely meal that is, until the couple at the next table started berating the waiter because he couldn't serve him lamb. He rather loudly informed the poor waiter, the maitre'd, (and us) , that he had been to Tuscany many times and always had lamb when he wanted it.

Considering that a) we weren't in Tuscany, just on a ship somewhere in the Atlantic heading toward the Caribbean, and b) lamb wasn't on the menu, I had to wonder why he and his partner stayed. They continued to complain and generally diss the quality of the food, which they did continue to eat.

We felt so bad for the staff, and the waiter in particular who was ours also, we tipped him extra.

......... that is, until the couple at the next table started berating the waiter because he couldn't serve him lamb. He rather loudly informed the poor waiter, the maitre'd, (and us) , that he had been to Tuscany many times and always had lamb when he wanted it. ......

I would have managed to "accidentally" dump a drink upon his head.

::OOOPS:: So sorry.