Short Lived Price Drop on Feb 01

docd

I noticed on a price tracking site that I use, cruise fares took a nice price drop on Feb 1st. However it appeared to be short lived. Anyone see that and manage to secure a better price? or did it even happen?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

well, at least that confirms the price tracking/alert service i am using is useless.

Now I am going to start checking 10x a day lol.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I am currently tracking several cruises. I received the alert for some but not others.

Great savings if you caught it.

Anyone care to elaborate on the glitch prices? I know they aren't available anymore but I wanted to see how hard I should kick myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The price for my cabin went down $136. When i got up to call it was back up $141.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Anyone care to elaborate on the glitch prices? I know they aren't available anymore but I wanted to see how hard I should kick myself.

For the most part it looked like they were doing 30% off the first and 60% off the second guest.

Example

Guest 1 and 2 base: $6000 ($3000pp) total. Discount for guest 1: $830. Discount for guest 2 $1735.

Sent from a mobile device

For the most part it looked like they were doing 30% off the first and 60% off the second guest.

Example

Guest 1 and 2 base: $6000 ($3000pp) total. Discount for guest 1: $830. Discount for guest 2 $1735.

Sent from a mobile device

That was it- they put the 60% off on the second person for the new promo but the IT person and/or computer forgot to take the 30% off from the first person sale that ended that day. So for the first few hours you could get both discounts.

I got $334 off a balcony (D1?) for LOS June 11 sailing. I have two cabins so a total of $668.

One thing to keep in mind - depending on the size of the glitch, RCI may rescind it. We have had reports of folks having their reservations cancelled by RCI once they realize it was a pricing glitch. The price drops talked about here probably don't qualify.

One thing to keep in mind - depending on the size of the glitch, RCI may rescind it. We have had reports of folks having their reservations cancelled by RCI once they realize it was a pricing glitch. The price drops talked about here probably don't qualify.

When I changed my booking that morning they were aware of the glitch and the man I spoke to said that they decided to go ahead and honor it which was nice of them. They could have put RCL "on vacation" until it was fixed.

In hindsight now I wish I had booked another cruise or 2:)

When I changed my booking that morning they were aware of the glitch and the man I spoke to said that they decided to go ahead and honor it which was nice of them. They could have put RCL "on vacation" until it was fixed.

In hindsight now I wish I had booked another cruise or 2:)

I was surprised that you didn't. :D

Go to the fish site and view historical prices for your category.

Can anyone share the name of the price tracking website that does better updating than fish?

google 'cruise price alerts'

well, at least that confirms the price tracking/alert service i am using is useless.

I got an email at 2:12am (which I didn't see until later that morning) but they are not consistent; better to check yourself and use the alert service as a backup.