Thoughts on the new Seaside ship??

Pier290

I'm totally new to MSC...my curiosity has the best of me with this new ship!

What do I need to know?

Typically what is the reputation of MSC?

We only cruise Celebrity.

Food?

PERKS?

Kids,sail free??

Best cabin type?

DRINK PACKAGES??

Cleanliness?

Service?

PLEASE HELP!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Sailed on both.MSC still relatively unknown in US passenger mix lots of Europeans and South Americans less than half Americans. food Celebrity Is better. Perks as far as Suite perks MSC Yacht Club is like NCL the Haven private butler, concierge, pool ,bar, restaurant. kids 12 and under free on MSC cruises so more families both have drink packages yacht club and aurea have free drinks on MSC. ships are spotless both lines service goes to Celebrity except yacht club. Entertainment goes to MSC especially new ship partnered with cirque du Soilel price Definetly MSC I have 3 cruises booked on MSC yacht club on Divinia executive suite, grand suite on seaside, duplex suite on Meraviglia

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have used both and think unless you book YC you would be disappointed. Price wise MSC are in front especially as the YC free drinks is going ship wide. Food is better on Celebrity entertainment on MSC better. All MSC ships are immaculate. Outside YC service can be a little slow at times but not terribly bad.

Kev

Just booked on Seaside for June 2018...a long way out but I saw this ship and had to get onboard!. It will be our first cruise on MSC and I will be on the boards here quite a bit to get the "skinny"

We did the same! What date are you sailing? We are sailing June 9. I started a roll call, but no one has posted so far.

To the OP: we are Elite on Celebrity, and although we haven't sailed MSC yet, I did what the people here recommend and booked Yacht Club. The one thing that bugs me a bit about MSC as compared to Celebrity is that they seem to 'nickel and dime' much more. All of the special entertainment they promote (4D/5D theatre, Cirque du Soleil, zip lines, etc.) all cost extra. The specialty restaurants are not flat fee, but charge per item. Even the pizza place charges extra. So be prepared to perhaps spend more than you normally might on onboard charges.

That being said, based on the reviews I have read of Yacht Club, we are really looking forward to our cruise!

I'm excited to try the seaside too! I really like the ships design with outdoor space. I've done divina with and without the yc and didn't find the YC exceptional. It was nice, don't get me wrong, but In my experience on the divina YC was far from over the top. Good, not great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the same! What date are you sailing? We are sailing June 9. I started a roll call, but no one has posted so far.

To the OP: we are Elite on Celebrity, and although we haven't sailed MSC yet, I did what the people here recommend and booked Yacht Club. The one thing that bugs me a bit about MSC as compared to Celebrity is that they seem to 'nickel and dime' much more. All of the special entertainment they promote (4D/5D theatre, Cirque du Soleil, zip lines, etc.) all cost extra. The specialty restaurants are not flat fee, but charge per item. Even the pizza place charges extra. So be prepared to perhaps spend more than you normally might on onboard charges.

That being said, based on the reviews I have read of Yacht Club, we are really looking forward to our cruise!

Does it state anywhere on their website what is extra? That's a bummer that zip line and pizza are extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Does it state anywhere on their website what is extra? That's a bummer that zip line and pizza are extra.

The pizza available in the buffet has no charge and, judging by comments on this forum over the years, it's regarded as one of the best at sea. I don't eat pizza so can't voice an opinion. However, both DH and my dad absolutely loved it. The pizza that comes with a charge is apparently even better though my family never saw the need to pay for it when what is served in the buffet is so good.

From what I've read MSC does the least nickle and dime of the major lines. The unlimited use of the 4D simulator, bowling, and a couple of other things is $60 on Divina, which seems pretty reasonable. The drink packages are cheap, as is the laundry. I also love the "packages" that MSC puts together. If you check out the Grand Voyages you'll find that most of them include the mealtime drink package, in addition to reduced laundry. Very sensible and fair.

We will be trying Divina out in April, Aurea, and I fully expect to leave the ship w/ a bill of approximately $1000 for four people, which isn't bad, if you compare it to our normal $2000+ for a week on DCL. No drink packages, high excursion prices, and no laundry deals are driving us away from DCL.

We'll be on the Harmony in September because my DS really wants to try the ship, but I'm already annoyed at the high add-ons, and I've read way too many trip reports about the never ending sales pitches and up-selling. Ugh. I'm just hoping something happens with RC's drink pricing between now and then. The $44/day plus gratuity is going to be a bitter pill to swallow.

I have a cabin question. Looking at the detailed descriptions, the suite and balcony rooms look to be the same exact square footage. The suite seems to have a bigger balcony, but is that the only difference? Couldn't see anything else different.

The figures given will be generic, the suites will be larger in size, which cabins are you referring to ? and which deck ?

Looks like you are right, didn't realize I was on another website. The suite are bigger on the MsC website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app