Arcade Games and Spending Limits

Beh789149

Aloha! I found some of the info on the boards regarding arcade games and spending limits for kids confusing....I'm passing along information my TA received from RC on this subject in case it's helpful for others.

First, you can place a monetary limit on the Boys’ Sea Pass. You can only do that once you’re on the ship.

- The Arcade works very similarly to Dave & Buster’s. At the Arcade, there is a machine wherein you purchase a card with whatever cash value you want to spend. Then, that cash value is converted to points. When the Boys want to play a particular game, they swipe the card and a point value is deducted based on the cost of the game.

- Once the card runs out, it can be refilled.

- So, yes, they can use their Sea Pass to purchase and refill the card – and, of course, there is no limit as to the amount of times a card can be refilled. One can use cash in the machine as well.

-The Sea Pass won’t work for the games, just the machine that provides separate Arcade cards.

Thankful for a good TA who will hunt down the answers! Happy Sailing!

Aloha! I found some of the info on the boards regarding arcade games and spending limits for kids confusing....I'm passing along information my TA received from RC on this subject in case it's helpful for others.

First, you can place a monetary limit on the Boys’ Sea Pass. You can only do that once you’re on the ship.

- The Arcade works very similarly to Dave & Buster’s. At the Arcade, there is a machine wherein you purchase a card with whatever cash value you want to spend. Then, that cash value is converted to points. When the Boys want to play a particular game, they swipe the card and a point value is deducted based on the cost of the game.

- Once the card runs out, it can be refilled.

- So, yes, they can use their Sea Pass to purchase and refill the card – and, of course, there is no limit as to the amount of times a card can be refilled. One can use cash in the machine as well.

-The Sea Pass won’t work for the games, just the machine that provides separate Arcade cards.

Thankful for a good TA who will hunt down the answers! Happy Sailing!

Some of that information is incorrect.

There is no separate card. You load arcade credits onto your Seapass card. The cards are one and the same. On some ships you have no way to stop the card being reloaded over and over again despite placing limits on it for purchases elsewhere.

• 2 months later...

According to Royal Caribbean's response 5/1/17 to my e-mail, ": The arcade games are operated with the swipe of an arcade card. The card is available from the vending machine in the arcade. The arcade card can be loaded using cash or your SeaPass Card.

According to Royal Caribbean's response 5/1/17 to my e-mail, ": The arcade games are operated with the swipe of an arcade card. The card is available from the vending machine in the arcade. The arcade card can be loaded using cash or your SeaPass Card.

The response from agents who have never been on a ship.

Every ship we have been on my kids have used their Seapass card in the arcade.