New rccl fee for route deviation

NJ&Ozzie

Well, then it looks like RCCL has found a new way to charge fees for what is generally a simple process. There must be enough people affected by this that someone at RCCL figured out why not charge them. But it would have been nice to have some notice or at least a grace period. Not many travel agents/RCCL staff are fully aware of this. It's also called a "down line request".

Just to clarify, we often see people with suitcases getting on/off on Caribbean cruises too so it's not just a European thing.

On our last TA cruise (the Navigator from London), met one woman who was having such a unsatisfactory time during cruise (no hot water, flood in cabin, etc). she finally gave up & got off ship in New York. Good thing they didn't charge her for that then!!

NJ

Interesting, your TA was one Laura almost took as a replacement for her cancelled Rhapsody. Your last stop was PC, I believe. I called to ask if she could get off here instead of Miami and was told yes. No mention of any costs.

Just curious, did they give you a specific time to embark?

We were just on Jewel in December.

Got our letter of authorization from RCCL this a.m. Does not mention any specific time. But it does say "Congratulations".

NJ

Did you pay the full price of the TA?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes - we paid full price for cruise. No discounts for embarking later. But told we can adjust our tips on board to reflect that we weren't there for three days.

NJ

Interesting, your TA was one Laura almost took as a replacement for her cancelled Rhapsody. Your last stop was PC, I believe. I called to ask if she could get off here instead of Miami and was told yes. No mention of any costs.

But that was back in November 2016. The fee just started January 30, 2017.

NJ

But that was back in November 2016. The fee just started January 30, 2017.

NJ

It would have been worth it to me vs a 7 hour round trip to Miami. As it turned out, she took Jewel and had to fly home from SJ. 😱

I suppose I should have insisted that Royal pay for that airfare since the original Rhapsody trip would have ended at our doorstep. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I bet this fee is collected to cover various port fees and associated costs incurred processing new cruisers. I bet the ship's manifest has to be adjusted- documents sent electronically to TSA, etc. Trust me, INS would have a problem if a ship left with 1000 passengers and return with 1001.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I bet this fee is collected to cover various port fees and associated costs incurred processing new cruisers. I bet the ship's manifest has to be adjusted- documents sent electronically to TSA, etc. Trust me, INS would have a problem if a ship left with 1000 passengers and return with 1001.

This is a repositioning cruise. I doubt INS cares

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I'm glad to hear that you're being charged for the inconvenience that you're creating. $65 seems far too little to me.

What a wonderful and compassionate person you are. Only wish I was around when something like this happens to you.

Mr/Ms Artvlay. I am both wonderful & compassionate, thank you for noticing. I ALSO have a sense of humor. I knew, like Big_G, when I posted my comment someone, you for example, was going to be offended. At this point, I should offer up an apology and beg for forgiveness. I won't. Cheers.

Mr/Ms Artvlay. I am both wonderful & compassionate, thank you for noticing. I ALSO have a sense of humor. I knew, like Big_G, when I posted my comment someone, you for example, was going to be offended. At this point, I should offer up an apology and beg for forgiveness. I won't. Cheers.

They were responding to Mr. Yellow duck.