Miami Parking Recommendations

spart02

We are sailing out of Miami and looking for recommendations for parking. We usually pay the extra and park right at the cruise ship terminal because we need to hit the road very early. We self-disembark and need to leave as early as possible. Is this still the best option for us, or is there an off-site parking place that is extremely efficient in getting people out as fast as possible?

Also, am I missing it on Celebrity's website, or is there a spot on their site that tells directions to the port or an address where to go?!

When cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale we always park off site at Park-N-Go. We cruised out of Miami last month so I began to search for off site parking. I came to the conclusion that it is worth the extra cost to park at the port. This is exactly what we did and it was very safe, quick and easy.

If I recall when looking for Port of Miami directions we used our GPS or googled the address to input into GPS.

Marie

Thanks for the info! I was confused and looking at Park-N-Go in Ft. Lauderdale at first...then realized that's not where we're sailing out of. Their prices were cheap and I have heard good things about them.

We'll just plan on parking at the port in Miami then.

When cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale we always park off site at Park-N-Go. We cruised out of Miami last month so I began to search for off site parking. I came to the conclusion that it is worth the extra cost to park at the port. This is exactly what we did and it was very safe, quick and easy.

If I recall when looking for Port of Miami directions we used our GPS or googled the address to input into GPS.

Marie

No, sorry. I didn't mean to imply that you confused me. I was confused before I posted this! I was thinking Miami and the Port Everglades one were the same.

I am sorry for the confusion. I posted that to share that we are always looking for a deal, but, imo in Miami it is best to just pay the price and park at the port.

We are sailing out of Miami and looking for recommendations for parking. We usually pay the extra and park right at the cruise ship terminal because we need to hit the road very early. We self-disembark and need to leave as early as possible. Is this still the best option for us, or is there an off-site parking place that is extremely efficient in getting people out as fast as possible?

Also, am I missing it on Celebrity's website, or is there a spot on their site that tells directions to the port or an address where to go?!

To be honest, it is worth it to just park at the terminal. I find it such a hassle to have to wait for a ride to the remote lot and you have to wonder what condition the car is in when you get back. Also it is very nice to just walk into your car and leave. Did see something at costco for a park n' fly deal but typically if we are flying out or cruising, we will just park at the terminal. Same goes for airport where it's just easier to just park at the airport. You pay $1000's on the cruise, mind as well spend a few $'s more and get nice parking.

We just got back from the Reflection and parked at Safe Parking. They were there to pick us up as soon as we got off the ship and the parking is safe and reliable. That is the 2nd time we have used their lot and am very pleased with their service.

I have checked out off site parking in Miami and no way would I leave my cars at any of the lots I drove too.

It was $20 per day right across from the ship at the port and very convenient and guess we pay for safety and convenience. I always park there for these reasons. It is not worth the hassle and possible aggravation IMO to save $8 a day.

I have checked out off site parking in Miami and no way would I leave my cars at any of the lots I drove too.

It was $20 per day right across from the ship at the port and very convenient and guess we pay for safety and convenience. I always park there for these reasons. It is not worth the hassle and possible aggravation IMO to save $8 a day.

So you are only saving $8 a day? Not worth it in my opinion. That is only $56 on a 7-day cruise.

I would gladly pay more than $56 addl to avoid the hassle of having a calamity.

Now in FFL Port Ev the lot near the port off the highway spoken about here is great. I much much prefer FLL to board then MIA Port. It is a breeze taking the EQ vs the EC. IF you arrive at the wrong time you can hardly find a spot and have to wait till the ship clears. The two most stressful days are the first and the last.

Edited by spencerdrivecruiser

We never pay a penny for parking in either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. We take long cruises/trips when we either cruise or fly out of those ports.

Our last trip to Miami was to fly to Copenhagen for five days before taking two cruises for 28 days ending in Miami. No way will I pay the outrageous fees to park at the cruise port.

We have a reliable hotel in both ports and have had no problems with parking at the hotels.

Perhaps if you live in Florida and can drive to the port on the day of the cruise and only cruise for a week, it is no big deal, but that is just my opinion.

We never pay a penny for parking in either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. We take long cruises/trips when we either cruise or fly out of those ports.

Our last trip to Miami was to fly to Copenhagen for five days before taking two cruises for 28 days ending in Miami. No way will I pay the outrageous fees to park at the cruise port.

We have a reliable hotel in both ports and have had no problems with parking at the hotels.

Perhaps if you live in Florida and can drive to the port on the day of the cruise and only cruise for a week, it is no big deal, but that is just my opinion.

Exactly. If I took a 14 day cruise, I would just uber to the terminal (about $25 from my home) rather than park. You have to be careful with parking at hotels. There have been stories where they will tow you due to lack of communication between staff (day time manager said it was ok to park there for extended amount of time but night manager does not know this which will make them tow your car).

A number of sources have said that, in Miami, parking at the port is the safest. A law enforcement friend and Miami-Dade officer, told us that if you want you car to be in one piece when you return, park at the port. It is guarded and well protected at night. Off sight parking can be dicey and there are regular reports of vehicles being damaged or missing essential parts when the owner returns.

In Fort Lauderdale, there are several safe, reliable off sight parking locations. Not in Miami. Is it worth the risk to save a few $$.

Wow...that's quite sad. But thanks for the info. We'll go ahead and park at the port, no doubt about it! We had issues in Vancouver with a vehicle break-in and that is NOT fun to deal with on vacation. Totally not worth the risk.

A number of sources have said that, in Miami, parking at the port is the safest. A law enforcement friend and Miami-Dade officer, told us that if you want you car to be in one piece when you return, park at the port. It is guarded and well protected at night. Off sight parking can be dicey and there are regular reports of vehicles being damaged or missing essential parts when the owner returns.

In Fort Lauderdale, there are several safe, reliable off sight parking locations. Not in Miami. Is it worth the risk to save a few $$.

We've parked at the cruise port, off site and at hotels, all with no problem. Lately we've been just booking a hotel room as I get the parking thrown in and we get to start our vacation a day early. We do take Uber back to the hotel for $15 just so we don't have to wait for the shuttle.

And I know parking at the port is only another $60 for a 7 day cruise but I don't like throwing money away. I don't mind spending it, but to me that is a waste of money when I can basically get the same service for less. I also don't like having to haul my luggage over to the garage. My wife has a LOT of luggage :) This way I get dropped off at the entrance, picked up at the entrance and dropped right at my car. No hauling luggage.

That's just me, many others like parking at the port.

We never want to risk planning to arrive at the port on the day of the cruise, so we look for hotels that offer cruise-and-park packages. Generally you can get 7 days parking built into the room price. One night before and one night after gets you 14 days, plus there is no rush on either end. We are Gold with Hilton, so I just go on their website and click on that package when I search for hotels.

Just sailed Reflection two weeks ago. Getting to the port using the I-395 tunnel is by far the best way to go. Exiting the tunnel the signs to terminal 18 are very good. Dropped my wife off at the curb with checked luggage, then followed the signs around the garage to the entrance and found plenty of parking spaces. Arrived about 11:00 and were in the buffet within 30 minutes.

First in line at 6:15 for debarkation as we had 700 miles to drive. Off the ship at 6:45, out of parking garage and on our way at 7:00. Couldn't ask for more.

Just sailed Reflection two weeks ago. Getting to the port using the I-395 tunnel is by far the best way to go. Exiting the tunnel the signs to terminal 18 are very good. Dropped my wife off at the curb with checked luggage, then followed the signs around the garage to the entrance and found plenty of parking spaces. Arrived about 11:00 and were in the buffet within 30 minutes.

First in line at 6:15 for debarkation as we had 700 miles to drive. Off the ship at 6:45, out of parking garage and on our way at 7:00. Couldn't ask for more.

Exactly. It is more of a convenience to just park at the port and I do not look at it as throwing money away. It is more of a piece of mind knowing when you get back your windows will not be smashed and your car is up on blocks. Plus there are these lots where they offer discount parking near the port. They will have some shady tow company take your car and change you several hundred $ to recover it since it is being held for several days.

That is exactly the kind of experience we are looking for! Glad to hear it was so easy for you.

Miami is a third world place with a better PR department. Especially downtown. As a native, I can say that.

If you value your vehicle, park at the port.

If you want peace of mind while enjoying your vacation, park at the port.

If you don't want to leave your keys with strangers, park at the port.

I have used off site parking at all the other Florida ports. Just not Miami.

I have no opinion regarding hotel parking options in Miami.

PS Enjoy your cruise.

When we have to cruise out of Miami we always park at the port. However, is it just me or do others have a real problem finding their way out of the parking garage? I swear they have few or no exit signs and it is not at all easy to navigate out of that building.

Thanks but terminal 18, I think the Port of Miami uses letters? I agree the tunnel is great.