Really ridiculous.

Dixie1337

I paid my cruise (oasis of the seas, departing March 26) in full in Dec and it was showing a 0 balance owing. I logged in today and it shows an outstanding balance of over $1000. I called thinking it was just a glitch on my end and their records would accurately reflect things, but that wasn't the case. I've been on hold for 33 (and counting) minutes while they try to figure out how they lost my money.

Not how I saw myself spending the last 30 minutes and not a good experience for my first time booking a cruise. To say I'm angry is an understatement.

I paid my cruise (oasis of the seas, departing March 26) in full in Dec and it was showing a 0 balance owing. I logged in today and it shows an outstanding balance of over $1000. I called thinking it was just a glitch on my end and their records would accurately reflect things, but that wasn't the case. I've been on hold for 33 (and counting) minutes while they try to figure out how they lost my money.

Not how I saw myself spending the last 30 minutes and not a good experience for my first time booking a cruise. To say I'm angry is an understatement.

Did you get a new invoice showing the zero balance when you paid off your cruise? They should be able to see that one was sent and find the issue. Sometimes you can reprice your cruise if you go into your reservation and look at new cabins. Their IT department has lots of issues, hopefully, they can correct your account soon.

Did you get a new invoice showing the zero balance when you paid off your cruise? They should be able to see that one was sent and find the issue. Sometimes you can reprice your cruise if you go into your reservation and look at new cabins. Their IT department has lots of issues, hopefully, they can correct your account soon.

I didn't, I never got any invoices after any payments from them (another glitch??) unless I called and requested it. Which I didn't bother doing since it was showing a 0 balance. But I do have all my credit card receipts.

I just hung up, they can see the totals don't add up and that it's a system glitch and have created a ticket to have it fixed but it will take about 48 hours. I asked to make sure my booking won't end up cancelled because of it being after the final payment date and she said it won't, but I'm not feeling very comforted in all honesty. I'm sure no one ever thought they could lose money either.

She said it happened as a result to canceling and rebooking excursions and the drink package after the sale started.

Wow sorry to hear you go through that.

Something similar happened to us but it wasn't for the cruise portion. We booked two rooms and bought around 3k OBC because being Canadians the exchange was better to buy ahead of time. When we boarded the ship, 2k was missing from our OBC :eek: We checked our credit card before we left for the trip and know the charges went through.

We talked to the front desk and they said the amount had been cancelled because the charges didnt go through. Umm how is that even possible when the charges actually went through and showed up on the statement???

Hours of being on the phone with the credit card company we found out they refunded the amounts back to our card :confused: So we had to call Royal Caribbean on land customer service to have the charges put back on :rolleyes:

It was not a good experience and a waste of time for the first days of our cruise. The OBC money didnt show up in our account until 2 days later.

Okay, you have an original invoice, likely showing the deposit paid and the remaining amount due. How did you pay? Check, credit card (hopefully not cash). Either way, either you should be able to see what was collected via your bank. It is possible your check or the credit card was keyed in wrong and the amount actually collected is $1,000 short.

Or, unfortunately, Royal Caribbean's IT department strikes again.

Did you use a travel agent? If so, your travel agent should be taking care of this (that is what they are being paid for). This is one reason that I use a travel agent, even though I have taken over thirty cruises.

I'm surprised that it is taking them this long to fix it.

This problem has been going on for quite a while now and has affected many people. It happened to me yesterday. I called and they were able to tell me the exact date that the price changed and saw that it was an error. I was put on hold for less than 5 minutes while resolutions refared my cruise to the correct amount. New invoice showing a zero balance was sent to me right away.

Did you call the regular number or C&A?

I'm surprised that it is taking them this long to fix it.

This problem has been going on for quite a while now and has affected many people. It happened to me yesterday. I called and they were able to tell me the exact date that the price changed and saw that it was an error. I was put on hold for less than 5 minutes while resolutions refared my cruise to the correct amount. New invoice showing a zero balance was sent to me right away.

Did you call the regular number or C&A?

Regular number. If it's not fixed on friday I'm going to call back.

I totalled up the amount of the cancelled (higher priced) excursion in Jamaica, 2 premium drink packages, and 1 device internet and it came out to the amount showing as outstanding. Which makes absolutely no sense to me how you can cancel and get a refund on something you already paid for, and they take it off the amount of the cruise fare you've paid in full.

I work in IT as a programmer and I can't imagine the kind of sloppy, embarassing, bullsh*t code you'd have to write to have that as an outcome.

Regular number. If it's not fixed on friday I'm going to call back.

I totalled up the amount of the cancelled (higher priced) excursion in Jamaica, 2 premium drink packages, and 1 device internet and it came out to the amount showing as outstanding. Which makes absolutely no sense to me how you can cancel and get a refund on something you already paid for, and they take it off the amount of the cruise fare you've paid in full.

I work in IT as a programmer and I can't imagine the kind of sloppy, embarassing, bullsh*t code you'd have to write to have that as an outcome.

Was there a "-" sign in front of the total. When you cancel something on the cruise planner it shows a "-" balance until Royal issues the refund in 5-10 days. The new purchases do not balance this out. It's not an issue.

Tried to grab a screenshot of my cruise. Yesterday I had a -$364 balance showing which was the exact amount of my cancellations. Today it's showing as 0. Refund has been processed.

As a result of this thread, I thought that I'd take a look to make sure that the accounting for my upcoming cruise doesn't hold any surprises, but I don't see anything related to payment. I booked with a TA and we're past final payment by over a month, if that makes a difference, but where on the website does one find the information? DW and I are new to RCI and its less than intuitive website.

As a result of this thread, I thought that I'd take a look to make sure that the accounting for my upcoming cruise doesn't hold any surprises, but I don't see anything related to payment. I booked with a TA and we're past final payment by over a month, if that makes a difference, but where on the website does one find the information? DW and I are new to RCI and its less than intuitive website.

If you booked with a TA, there won't be any payment info on RC's website. You must inquire directly with the TA.

Deleted

Edit. Missed that you booked with a TA. Thanks Bob.

If you booked with a TA no payments will show in your online account. If you have purchased any packages, specialty dining or excursions then you would see prices paid in your cruise planner.

If you booked with a TA, there won't be any payment info on RC's website. You must inquire directly with the TA.

Thanks, that's what I suspected but hadn't seen confirmed in past threads. To me it seems like a logical thing for them to include for all passengers, but I can live with my TA's receipt.

Was there a "-" sign in front of the total. When you cancel something on the cruise planner it shows a "-" balance until Royal issues the refund in 5-10 days. The new purchases do not balance this out. It's not an issue.

Tried to grab a screenshot of my cruise. Yesterday I had a -$364 balance showing which was the exact amount of my cancellations. Today it's showing as 0. Refund has been processed.

Nope, there is definitely a balance owing. I asked for a detailed receipt and it shows I only paid slightly more than half the base fare instead of the full payment I actually made.

If you booked with a TA no payments will show in your online account. If you have purchased any packages, specialty dining or excursions then you would see prices paid in your cruise planner.

The only thing I'm not seeing is the OBC that I purchased. I received an email receipt at the time, but I don't see it listed with my other purchases. Thoughts?

Do you have proof of payment? Credit card invoice showing the charge? Cancelled check? etc?

Even if your invoice shows X, proof of payment shows you gave them money. If it doesn't add up, then missing money is on your TA's head and if a cruise gets cancelled because of their screw up, you have a claim against them.

Oh, what about the online check in? Can you complete that? You will usually not be able to complete that if there's a balance due.

Do you have proof of payment? Credit card invoice showing the charge? Cancelled check? etc?

Even if your invoice shows X, proof of payment shows you gave them money. If it doesn't add up, then missing money is on your TA's head and if a cruise gets cancelled because of their screw up, you have a claim against them.

Oh, what about the online check in? Can you complete that? You will usually not be able to complete that if there's a balance due.

I already completed online checkin before this glitch showed up. I didn't book through a TA - I don't really see a point because canadian TA's don't offer perks. It would have saved me almost 40 minutes on hold but I would have felt just as stressed.

Anyway, it's definitely a glitch and they did admit that so at least I don't have to dig up the credit card receipts for proof of payment. I just have to wait for a resolution and hope they don't do anything dumb (again) like cancel my booking.

I already completed online checkin before this glitch showed up. I didn't book through a TA - I don't really see a point because canadian TA's don't offer perks. It would have saved me almost 40 minutes on hold but I would have felt just as stressed.

Anyway, it's definitely a glitch and they did admit that so at least I don't have to dig up the credit card receipts for proof of payment. I just have to wait for a resolution and hope they don't do anything dumb (again) like cancel my booking.

I don't want to add to an already bad day, but that's not quite true. We've a $500 perk from a Canadian TA for our next booking. I generally do the research and, depending on the need for speed to book a specific cabin, will either make the booking and hand it over to my TA just tell them what I want and let them make the booking.

Edited by Fouremco