Horizon to Bermuda

shof515

• 1 month later...
If destination is not an issue and you want the ship as destination I just booked the Horizon out of NY 8 days San Juan Grand Turk and Amber Cove itinerary Sept 5 2018

This sounds like a nice combination of destinations (ship as destination and ports as well). This itinerary sounds worthwhile to me and 8 days on the Horizon sounds lovely.

The Horizon is doing a 4 day cruise to Bermuda out of NY. There are only a few of these cruises.

John Heald announced these Bermuda cruises a month or two ago.

Personally, for me, the cost was way too high for there just being one port day.

Of course, others may feel differently.

John Heald announced these Bermuda cruises a month or two ago.

Personally, for me, the cost was way too high for there just being one port day.

Of course, others may feel differently.

Per the date stamp on the initial post, the OP started this thread on Feb 8th

If destination is not an issue and you want the ship as destination I just booked the Horizon out of NY 8 days San Juan Grand Turk and Amber Cove itinerary Sept 5 2018

We booked this same itinerary one week earlier over Labor Day weekend leaving on Tues and getting back on Wed in a Havana inside. Looking forward to relaxing in the exclusive area breaking in my Cheers package.[emoji3]

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We did an 8 day Bermuda cruise out of NY on Miracle and had 3 days in Bermuda.

Awesome cruise and would not go for less than 3 days there.

Well that certainly limits the amount of cruises that go there (and most of the cruise lines I might add). While a 4 day is not optimum' date=' in terms of time spent, i may be the only opportunity some have (days wise). Short cruises are by default....short cruises. Having the ability to get there on Carnival's newest (out of New York btw, which many here said Carnival would never do), certainly is not a bad thing. For the record, if past posts are accurate, you would not go on the Horizon even if it were a 8 day, am I wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked the Horizon for one of the short cruises to Bermuda during the end of the $50 deposit promo last week. We booked the least expensive interior and will be on the lookout for free upgrade sales. lol. If we wind up cancelling, it's no big deal. We have a longer family cruised already booked. The cost is not bad for us, because for one the kids aren't going, and for 2, we are close. So no travelling expenses involved. We can get dropped off at the port and picked up. I'll take the day in Bermuda but I do wish Carnival would go there more often and for longer. And I really wish they would keep a ship in NY for more than a few weeks every Summer. :(

We booked the Horizon for one of the short cruises to Bermuda during the end of the $50 deposit promo last week. We booked the least expensive interior and will be on the lookout for free upgrade sales. lol. If we wind up cancelling, it's no big deal. We have a longer family cruised already booked. The cost is not bad for us, because for one the kids aren't going, and for 2, we are close. So no travelling expenses involved. We can get dropped off at the port and picked up. I'll take the day in Bermuda but I do wish Carnival would go there more often and for longer. And I really wish they would keep a ship in NY for more than a few weeks every Summer. :(

It is better than they had before and maybe a sign of more opportunities to come.....

We have booked the July 19 cruise to Bermuda. We have 11 people all in Havana cabins which is why we booked this cruise. We all want to experience the new ship and a long weekend cruise from New York is perfect for most in our group. To get our fix we also booked 7 day on the Pride for Sep. 2018. The 7 day on the Pride is a lot cheaper but a new ship from NYC with Havana rooms for everyone in our group will be a great getaway. Can't wait.

Well that certainly limits the amount of cruises that go there (and most of the cruise lines I might add). While a 4 day is not optimum, in terms of time spent, i may be the only opportunity some have (days wise). Short cruises are by default....short cruises. Having the ability to get there on Carnival's newest (out of New York btw, which many here said Carnival would never do), certainly is not a bad thing. For the record, if past posts are accurate, you would not go on the Horizon even if it were a 8 day, am I wrong?

Most likely that on future Carnival cruises we would probably do earlier classes like Dream and Conquest and Spirit but would never say never. Down the road might give it a try.

Than again perhaps Carnival will wake up and enlarge entertainment venues to make them more accessible to their customers.

Most likely that on future Carnival cruises we would probably do earlier classes like Dream and Conquest and Spirit but would never say never. Down the road might give it a try.

Than again perhaps Carnival will wake up and enlarge entertainment venues to make them more accessible to their customers.

There is always hope.

Sent from my iPhone