Lap Pool on the Star

ldarcy

I couldn't find an answer to this question anywhere... I was looking for information on the lap pool on the Star. Lots of people have commented about the spa but I was wondering if the lap pool is actually a lap pool where one can swim laps for half an hour or so? I swim every morning and would like to keep it up on our cruise if this is actually a "lap pool" and not just another pool to jump into and cool off.

Thanks in advance!! :)

There is no pool on the Star suitable for swimming laps of you are used to 25yd pools or larger. Yes, I've swum laps in the pool before, but you're turning every 3 strokes :). Better to find an open water opportunity in port.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I couldn't find an answer to this question anywhere... I was looking for information on the lap pool on the Star. Lots of people have commented about the spa but I was wondering if the lap pool is actually a lap pool where one can swim laps for half an hour or so? I swim every morning and would like to keep it up on our cruise if this is actually a "lap pool" and not just another pool to jump into and cool off.

Thanks in advance!! :)

There are no pools on any NCL ship long enough for a serious swimmer to swim laps.

LOL! I know... in 6 cruises I have yet to set foot in a cruiseship swimming pool! I thought this one might be worth it but it's not sounding promising! It's understandable that a pool that is realistic for laps is too long to fit on a cruiseship!

My husband also likes to swim laps, he found that the pool in the thermal spa on the star, although shallow, fit his needs.

Again, this is in the spa, not the public pools. On our Baltic cruise, there was rarely anyone in the thermal spa.

LOL! I know... in 6 cruises I have yet to set foot in a cruiseship swimming pool! I thought this one might be worth it but it's not sounding promising! It's understandable that a pool that is realistic for laps is too long to fit on a cruiseship!

For me even the biggest one is two strokes and turn. Must be from those years of competition, but I am well north of 60 now.

I have been swimming all week in the spa pool. Yes. You have to pay extra. It is about $49/day or $249 for our 12 day trip. Since we were given an onboard credit I splurged & bought it. It has been worth it, as there is rarely anyone in the pool. It's been especially great since we are getting no ports of call & being towed back to Melbourne! Yes it's short, I only get 8 strokes free style but I just keep swimming for a half an hour & get a nice work out. If you do flip turns you won't get more than a couple strokes. The 1st 2 days it was too warm, but cooler since then. There is no larger pool on board. You also get the other perks of the spa. I probably wouldn't have purchased it if it wasn't "free".