Questions regarding transfer and tender

meadowlander

Will be sailing Princess for the second time. I have decided to use the Princess transfer to the pier.

I was given a meeting time for the transfer from the airport to the ship. My question is regarding the transfer back to the airport, as the rep did not provide much information. Is there only one transfer back to the airport? If multiple transfers, do they have a schedule or do they depart only when full? I am going to the airport but I do not have a flight to make. I am using the Princess transfer as it is the most economical way, after pricing other options, to get to the port.

Regarding the tender process, from what I read on the board, tickets are distributed one per person and only on the day of the port call. Info will be in the patter and it is best to arrive 15-30 minutes prior to distribution. As of now I do not plan on using a Princess excursion, rather private tour companies. My question is, other than elite, will those booked on Princess excursions have priority tendering or is it based on the tender ticket/number received during ticket distribution?

There will be a line of buses...they will fill them as people get off the ship, and they will depart when they are filled. You will be told when to depart in accordance with your flight needs. If you are not flying, but have a particular time you need to be off, you may need to "fake" a flight time to get transported when you wish.

Not sure what port you are referring to, but it is rare Princess transfers are cheaper than you can do it yourself. Unless you are traveling solo.

Excursion passengers do get priority for tendering. But don't assume all excursion passengers are leaving the ship at the same time. Excursions are frequently spaced out in departure time, and non-excursion pax will fit in between. But getting a low tender ticket can be very important.

Will be sailing Princess for the second time. I have decided to use the Princess transfer to the pier.

I was given a meeting time for the transfer from the airport to the ship. I have never been given a meeting time for a transfer from airport to ship. Once you have your luggage, look for the Princess rep and you will be put on the next bus to leave.

My question is regarding the transfer back to the airport, as the rep did not provide much information. Is there only one transfer back to the airport? If multiple transfers, do they have a schedule or do they depart only when full? There will be a disembarkation form to fill out that you will receive during the cruise. At that time you can indicate what time you want to leave for the airport.

I am going to the airport but I do not have a flight to make. I am using the Princess transfer as it is the most economical way, after pricing other options, to get to the port. The form may ask for a flight time. Just make one up.

Regarding the tender process, from what I read on the board, tickets are distributed one per person and only on the day of the port call. Info will be in the patter and it is best to arrive 15-30 minutes prior to distribution. As of now I do not plan on using a Princess excursion, rather private tour companies. My question is, other than elite, will those booked on Princess excursions have priority tendering or is it based on the tender ticket/number received during ticket distribution? Those needing tendering for the early Princess excursions will meet on the ship (usually in the main theater) and be led to a tender as needed. Those who want to go ashore independently will need to go to the place listed in the Patter (usually a dining room) to pick up a numbered ticket and will need to stay at that location until it is your turn to be led to a tender. Princess usually has multiple tenders loading and those with tender tickets do not have to wait until all tours have gone ashore.

Two other points:

o Once the early rush is over, an announcement will be made that tender tickets are no longer needed and you can go directly to one of the tender loading areas.

o Those on Princess excursions that depart later in the day may have to meet on shore for the start of the excursion. They have no special priority for getting on a tender to shore.

see above in red

Regarding the Princess transfer, what port are you speaking about? I have found Princess transfers in some non U.S. ports to be helpful with fairly good pricing. In U.S. ports private transfers are way more convenient and less expensive.