Who dropped the ball on the Eclipse Jan 22nd Meet & Mingle?

ChucktownSteve

We never received the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle notification in our cabin for the January 22 Eclipse Roll Call! I heard later in the cruise that nobody received invitations but it was held about midway through the 14 day cruise.

They supposedly posted it in the daily according to one person I spoke with but I found out after the fact. I also heard that at least half of those signed up missed the event.

Who dropped that ball? Does it happen on other ships?

P.S I couldn't find any JW blue at $99 in St Maarten. Did you manage to? :)

I brought back five bottles of Blue. Friendly's on Front Street had them for $99. Captains on Boardwalk claimed they were out of just the bottle and forced me to buy the bottle with two crystal rocks glasses for $105. But they also engraved my name on the two Blue bottles and two Platinum bottles for free.

Friendly's doesn't do engraving and requires cash for that price but Captains accepts credit cards.

Then when I got on the ship, I showed the liquor clerk the poster picture I had taken from Captains when I was there in December and he matched the $99 price on three bottles. I got the last three they had on that sailing instead of 2/$310!!

OOPS, I hijacked my own thread. rofl Hope I don't get a CC point.:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that happened to you. For our past cruises (including last month), our Cruise Critic Gathering invitation is in our stateroom by the second day of the cruise. It usually occurs on a sea day so if you don't have an invitation before then, it is best to talk to the Captains Club Host although it is the ship's Event Coordinator who puts it together.

On our Infinity cruise, we missed our CC Gathering because it was held at 9:30am on the 3rd sea day (6 days into our 15 night cruise) and we were too tired to make it as we slept in!

I am sorry this happened to you. But, it is not unusual for some folks not to get an invitation. We always tell everyone on our roll call if they do not see an invitation when they arrive into their rooms to call Guest Services and ask where and when the "Connections" party will be held. :)

I am sorry this happened to you. But, it is not unusual for some folks not to get an invitation. We always tell everyone on our roll call if they do not see an invitation when they arrive into their rooms to call Guest Services and ask where and when the "Connections" party will be held. :)

True but the whole roll call not getting their invitations? There was no notice posted at the Guest Services board when I checked on the first two sea days. So I gave up. Not worth the hassle.

Same person as dropped the ball on the 8th January. I queried at Guest Relations the morning of Day 2 and was told it had been held on Day 1 then later on discovered it actually did not take place until Day 3,

We had our invitation in our room for the 1/29 sailing on the Silhouette. I was disappointed in the gathering.... the cruise director talked, the captain joked, and that was it. They left and we kind of looked at each other - that was it? I like the door prizes and gifts from RCI.

I was on the 1/22 Eclipse. There was a notice in the Daily concerning the meeting which was not until the 3rd Sea Day. I do not believe anyone received an invitation. I certain did not and I initially thought I had just missed it. The first day I went to the Sky Lounge at 10 AM and Art was everywhere.

The CD said that Miami did not send the list, but this did not make a lot of sense to me. How hard can it be to send a list electronically?

The meeting was fairly well attended with a lot of officers present.

Perhaps there was more to the story, but this is what we were told.

I really wanted to meet some people that I did not meet, but my number one priority was meeting our former host Andy. I had several great conversations with him.

They are cutting down on all the papers/invitations/etc delivered to the cabins.--which is good--except we still get all the art/spa/sales flyers :(

We haven't received paper invitations on our last 3-4 cruises. Even the coupons are loaded on your Seapass now. The function announcements are usually posted on the board by Guest Relations and posted in the dailies--however--sometimes info does fall overboard, so to speak. :eek:

I just checked our Celebrity TODAY paper for sea day 3 (yes, we keep them), on page 2 under "Information". Yep, there it is, a Connections Party notice! From now on I'll assume (I realize what THAT means), the party will be announced by a notice in the paper. Nice to know what the foam [emoji16] is going on. John - too bad we didn't make it. Next time.

We never received the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle notification in our cabin for the January 22 Eclipse Roll Call! I heard later in the cruise that nobody received invitations but it was held about midway through the 14 day cruise.

They supposedly posted it in the daily according to one person I spoke with but I found out after the fact. I also heard that at least half of those signed up missed the event.

We missed it as well. We got a notice on our mail slot in the past. No big deal. It certainly didn't affect our cruise at all.

Yes it was posted in the Daily.

I stopped by Guest Relations first morning, asked why no notice, when was the meeting. Got a confused look. Lady fingered her keyboard awhile, said she couldn't find anything. Next morning, same thing. That afternoon (2nd sea day) I asked again. They took my name, cabin #, promised to call me when they found out anything. The afternoon before our 3rd sea day I had a call from Activities Coordinator, she apologized, they had just received the list from Miami, the meeting would be the next morning and would be announced and highlighted in the Daily.

Which doesn't explain why they couldn't still have posted notices for persons on the list. Instead of or in addition to the Art Auction notices...

I didn't to the CC Meeting anyway after all of that as the scheduled time conflicted with a behind-the-scenes tour we had booked.

We were on the Equinox back in November and they had our Connections party right after muster!

There was a note in our cabin, but most people didn't have time to read the note as we were expecting it to be held the following day....ie, our first sea day.

We had a few crew members show up, but no officers. No drinks, no appetizers....just an empty sky lounge. We were pretty disappointed.