Is making flight doable?

laedw

I'm looking at departures from Ft. Lauderdale after a cruise. The ship docks at 6:15 a.m. There is a 10:25 a.m. flight departing the Ft. Lauderdale airport. The next flight does not leave until 4:56 p.m. Is it reasonable to think I can get the 10:25 a.m. flight? What happens if the airlines changes their flight departure times? :confused:

A little reading on the board would reveal, that while there will always be someone who says they have made a 9, or 9:30 flight, the common recommendation is is flights after 10:30 are safer.

Can you carry your bags off? That would be helpful. Then grab a cab.

If your flight is changed, you tell the airline the change is unacceptable to you. In most cases, the airline will schedule you on a different flight, if there are seats available.

I'm looking at departures from Ft. Lauderdale after a cruise. The ship docks at 6:15 a.m. There is a 10:25 a.m. flight departing the Ft. Lauderdale airport. The next flight does not leave until 4:56 p.m. Is it reasonable to think I can get the 10:25 a.m. flight? What happens if the airlines changes their flight departure times? :confused:

It would help to know what ship you are on.

If you are on a Royal Oasis class ship, you are in the front of the self-assist line, and you carry off your bags, you can be at the airport before 7am.

It would help to know what ship you are on.

If you are on a Royal Oasis class ship, you are in the front of the self-assist line, and you carry off your bags, you can be at the airport before 7am.

I'm on the May 20, 2017 Harmony of the Seas ship. I can do the self-assist. Thank you!

10:25am is cutting it close, but is doable if you get off early, your ship arrives on time, and Customs and airport security are not lined up. Last month we were called off our ship at 8:15 am and ended up at the American Air GATE at 9 am. However, this was on a Wed and everything went great. You should research you airline and find out what happens if you do miss your flight - what are your options and what will the cost be.

You might also consider staying a night in Ft. Lauderdale and catching an early flight out the next day.

If the airlines change the flight times, most of them are very flexible to work with you to find a solution for your situation. This happens very often when you book flights more than 3 months prior, as they adjust their schedules all the time (except for Southwest). If this happens to you, just call the airline reservation desk and explain your situation - they may offer to refund your money if no solution can be found that works for you.

What is your plan if you don't make the 10:25 AM flight and the 4:56 is sold out?

Don't have a backup plan! My travel agent is pretty sure I can make the 10:25 a.m. if the ship docks at 6:30 a.m. My niece and nephew have booked a flight out of Miami for 5:00 p.m. departure but they are going to Dania, FL to hang out with in-laws when they get off the ship. I can do that but then I'd have to taxi back to Ft. Lauderdale for my flight.

Don't have a backup plan! My travel agent is pretty sure I can make the 10:25 a.m. if the ship docks at 6:30 a.m. My niece and nephew have booked a flight out of Miami for 5:00 p.m. departure but they are going to Dania, FL to hang out with in-laws when they get off the ship. I can do that but then I'd have to taxi back to Ft. Lauderdale for my flight.

You do realize that Downtown Dania Beach is 1.7 miles from FLL, right?