older person

jcool

As long as they aren't YOUR kids, you can safely ignore them! Most kids will be kept quite busy in the kid's clubs....the only other place you will see them is the pool....but there are always "out of the way" spots where you can catch some rays, if you're into that.

This Thanksgiving I'll be taking my two littles on their first cruise (6 and 8) because they have the week off and we have lots of cousins going. I imagine there will be tons of kids...Last year on the Breeze I went sans kids the week after Thanksgiving, there were a bunch then too.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Your absolutely correct, about 1200 kids, pushing elevator buttons and lining up at the ice cream and pizza venues. We sailed every Thanksgiving from Galveston when our daughter was in school and my wife was teaching.

The other problem cruising during school holidays with lots of kids is that pre-teens and teens can sign themselves out of the Camp and wander around the ship in groups acting silly and loud as those ages are wont to do. There are also those parents who think that if their kids are on the ship everything is OK and as a result don't mind turning them loose with late curfews. It's more obvious the more kids there are onboard.:rolleyes:

There are also those parents who think that if their kids are on the ship everything is OK and as a result don't mind turning them loose with late curfews. It's more obvious the more kids there are onboard.:rolleyes:
You mean to imply that there are adults that shirk their responsibilities as parents and let their precious darlings who are under 18 run amok all over the ship. I guess they don't realize that parenting is a 24/7 job 365 days for 18+ years and just because THEY are on vacation, they should not let this responsibility be sidetracked because they wish to imbibe with their beverage of choice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

You mean to imply that there are adults that shirk their responsibilities as parents and let their precious darlings who are under 18 run amok all over the ship. I guess they don't realize that parenting is a 24/7 job 365 days for 18+ years and just because THEY are on vacation, they should not let this responsibility be sidetracked because they wish to imbibe with their beverage of choice.

SNJ ...... ROFLOL ...... I taught middle school for 30+ years ..... enough said?:eek:

Coevan .... that's exactly when we've booked our next cruise :D:D

Similar question as the OP's, different timeframe... we're cruising Sept 17- I'm assuming that most schools will be back in session so the number of little ones will be fewer. And given that school will have just started not as many parents will be willing to take their kids out of school for a week. Correct assumption or am I missing something?

This won't make a difference for our cruise, I love being around the excitement of kids 'stretching' their boundaries and learning new things, I was more curious than anything.

There will be some school age kids in September just like we had them in January right after the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. This isn't the 60's and 70's when parents never took kids out of school for a week to go on vacation. Vacation was either during the summer or maybe over Christmas.

There will be some school age kids in September just like we had them in January right after the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. This isn't the 60's and 70's when parents never took kids out of school for a week to go on vacation. Vacation was either during the summer or maybe over Christmas.

I went on a B2B2B cruise in Sept and Oct and was amazed at all the parents who pulled their kids out of school for a week to cruise.