How To Order a Beer Like a Local

You have a grandchild at 45?

:D unfortunately i will never see a grandchild, as i dont have kids and a bit late to start having kids now as they will stuff my retirement plans totally and i would never give up work then :D

:D unfortunately i will never see a grandchild, as i dont have kids and a bit late to start having kids now as they will stuff my retirement plans totally and i would never give up work then :D

Ah. Sorry. You were talking $ when you said 'grand'.

Ah. Sorry. You were talking $ when you said 'grand'.

Yes, he said a grand - $1000 for 2 days work. Nice. I won't ask you what you do then, might get nasty, lol.:eek: Good on you anyway.

Mrs OZ, 'Steering Wheel Attendant?' Uber Driver?

I retired at 55. I had enough of them and they had enough of me.:rolleyes:

We've got kids, but am starting to doubt if I'll ever have grandkids.

Ive got kids, but am starting to doubt if I'll ever have grandkids.

Yes, he said a grand - $1000 for 2 days work. Nice. I won't ask you what you do then, might get nasty, lol.:eek: Good on you anyway.

But you'd have been in the old "State Super" I guess.

Ive got kids, but am starting to doubt if I'll ever have grandkids.

We have two kids, 42 and 39 and 5 grandkids, 7 to 12 years old. Lubbly Jubbly.:p

Trouble is we are doing too much SKI ing. (Spending Kids Inheritance) on travel, aeroplanes and cruises.

We have two kids, 42 and 39 and 5 grandkids, 7 to 19 years old. Lubbly Jubbly.:p

Trouble is we are doing too much SKI ing. (Spending Kids Inheritance) on travel, aeroplanes and cruises.

We can always reverse mortage our house if the cruise funding dries up.:cool: Any of you mob done that yet?

He does a bit of lawyering, at least it is better than soliciting:eek:

We can always reverse mortage our house if the cruise funding dries up.:cool: Any of you mob done that yet?

No and no plans to do it. It may take many a year from now (30 - 40 years or so) but I would sell up, spend it and then move into the kids house, a nursing home or a cemetary.

No and no plans to do it. It may take many a year from now (30 - 40 years or so) but I would sell up, spend it and then move into the kids house, a nursing home or a cemetary.

Dito

My kids - 31 and 27 are having far too much fun to have kids so I decided I will have fun spending their inheritance.

I still haven't worked out the concept of "spending their inheritance"? Since an inheritance is property bequeathed to someone upon your death, well until I am dead who knows how much or how little property I will have so what exactly am I spending? And based on the current generations saving efforts I don't think the next generation to follow is going to see much of an inheritance coming their way in the future so I wonder why they are so keen on us to leave one for them?

Guess I will have to just take another cruise or three and ponder it a bit longer :confused:

I still haven't worked out the concept of "spending their inheritance"? Since an inheritance is property bequeathed to someone upon your death, well until I am dead who knows how much or how little property I will have so what exactly am I spending? And based on the current generations saving efforts I don't think the next generation to follow is going to see much of an inheritance coming their way in the future so I wonder why they are so keen on us to leave one for them?

Guess I will have to just take another cruise or three and ponder it a bit longer :confused:

Sounds like a good plan

I keep telling Miss Gut that my plan is to move in with her when I'm old and senile and mistake the built in for an ensuit:eek::confused:

And by that time, there will be hundreds of Mega ships flogging off cabins for $10 per diem as most retirees will have expended their superannuation.:eek:

Hard to get a lot of Yanks and Poms to believe that it's not drunk much down here, we just flog it to them.

They brew Fosters in Canada for the American market and also brew it in UK for the European market. We sent it overseas because no self respecting beer drinker here would touch the stuff, let alone drink it.:eek:

Fosters brewed in Australia was 4.9% abv. The overseas stuff is general around 4%abv.

As for ciders, I like to drink Thatchers Gold when in UK, always well chilled. But if we are staying in a nice west country pub and they have the local scrumpy cider on, I will give that a whirl.