Dress code for dining on Princess Coral in Alaska

Drebbie

That has been our experience on Alaska cruises with many men just wearing a dress shirt and slacks or dockers and of course women can pretty much wear whatever they want and it seems to meet the recommendations. Tuxes and gowns on Alaska cruises are not the really the norm.....but many here on CC will make it sound like you go to "fashion police jail" if you do not adhere to the SUGGESTED Princess dress code which Princess does not really enforce strictly IMHO either!!! :):)

Your user name is PrincessLuver so I assume you love all things to do with Princess Cruises. Princess has a wonderful traditional dress code that many of us adhere to and wish to see continue into the future. The traditions of Princess are what make many of us book with them time and time again. If you don't like the formal night dress code that's OK, but don't rule it out for the majority of us who enjoy dressing up on all our cruises including Alaska and the Caribbean.

Your user name is PrincessLuver so I assume you love all things to do with Princess Cruises. Princess has a wonderful traditional dress code that many of us adhere to and wish to see continue into the future. The traditions of Princess are what make many of us book with them time and time again. If you don't like the formal night dress code that's OK, but don't rule it out for the majority of us who enjoy dressing up on all our cruises including Alaska and the Caribbean.

You don't have to love everything about a cruise line to love it. It's the people who think just because Princess lists some examples of formal attire it becomes a hard & fast "rule" when if fact it is not. Enjoy what you want & leave it at that.

Princess traditions are always changing, like it or not.

I agree.

None of this really helps,us...we are flying over from UK and doing a Rocky Mountain tour prior to cruise. Our t/a assures us that the men do not need a suit for formal night just a smart pair of trousers and shirt. I am now really confused. We are used to Cunard whom are quite strict regarding dress in the MDR. I agree it is easy for us ladies as we can dress up even the most plainest of trousers or skirts. I just want to know what to pack for him!

Trust your TA and ignore the fashion police on here who try to convince everyone they will be denied entrance to the MDR if they don't wear a suit or tux. I don't even own a suit much less tux and have never worn a tie while on a ship. I wear what your TA suggested and have never even had the second glance from the MDR staff. I have been on several cruises on Princess including three to AK with the fourth one coming up this summer. If you like wilderness you will enjoy AK, our 49th state.

You don't have to love everything about a cruise line to love it. It's the people who think just because Princess lists some examples of formal attire it becomes a hard & fast "rule" when if fact it is not. Enjoy what you want & leave it at that.

Princess traditions are always changing, like it or not.

Amen....we love Princess and when the OP asked about formal dress on Alaska cruises I know that there is "the letter of the law and the spirit of the law." Our experiences are that it is way more causal on Alaska cruise formal nights then other cruises we have been on. It is not true on Princess that if men are not wearing a suit and tie or tux that they are not admitted to the MDR on formal nights on Alaska crises or many other itineraries too.....we have witnessed a wide variety of dress on these cruises....:eek:

Amen....we love Princess and when the OP asked about formal dress on Alaska cruises I know that there is "the letter of the law and the spirit of the law." Our experiences are that it is way more causal on Alaska cruise formal nights then other cruises we have been on. It is not true on Princess that if men are not wearing a suit and tie or tux that they are not admitted to the MDR on formal nights on Alaska crises or many other itineraries too.....we have witnessed a wide variety of dress on these cruises....:eek:

Shorts, for the most part are the only thing banned in the MDR at night. On first night, most lines seem a little willing to let it slide a bit as some luggage may still be coming.

Shorts, for the most part are the only thing banned in the MDR at night. On first night, most lines seem a little willing to let it slide a bit as some luggage may still be coming.

Our luggage has never arrived until after dinner so our shorts are the only thing we have. :D

Lets not forget that on the last night shorts are also allowed. ;)