Majesty of The Seas - Faulty Life Jackets, Stuck in Port

Lurch104

30 knot winds and 8 ft. Surf at the tender entrance. We were pretty close, I wouldn't want to take a small boat through that mess.

While I am 4 for 4 at making Coco Cay, I got a good indication why they miss the stop. It was a calm day when we went ashore, but around 3pm when we tendered back we could feel the difference as we cleared the island. Once to the ship they took everybody off 1 at a time with a crew member on the tender and two on the ship helping EVERY passenger. Anyone over about 6' had to be real careful. I didn't see any one mobility imparied on our tender, but I could see how much effort that would have taken.

Just got off this boat. Worst cruise we ever took and we have taken well over 25 cruises. Besides the long stay in port, the lies about what was wrong and missing Coco Cay, the service and food was terrible at both breakfast and lunch. They use pre-made pizza and call it freshly made? Give me a break. At dinner, we ate at the buffet and the dinners were actually decent. People smoking everywhere. Our room was the size of a postage stamp and the bed was so very old. We will never take a Royal C. cruise again. Princess and Celebrity do it so much better.

Thanks for helping keep the prices of this cruise down! We have done it 4 times and would welcome a 5th.

Yep, this is not starting out well. I could understand an "issue", but there is nothing else going on. Just a dead ship tied to the pier. I would get off and stay in town if the brow/gangplank was in place.

Hopefully they get some entertainment or something going.

I was on MoTS....passengers WERE allowed to get off the ship on Monday and didn't have to return until noon ( at least around that time...not sure exactly) on Tuesday.

Probably a lot of that going on fleet wide this morning.;)

Yup, I think you are right. I talked to one of the crew members yesterday as they were continuing to go

through all the life jackets. He showed me one that I would never guess to be bad, but it had a tiny little

fray on one of the straps. I told him I knew about the Majesty delay, and he said "Yeah, that really cost

us, and we are checking all ships right now".

I was on MoTS....passengers WERE allowed to get off the ship on Monday and didn't have to return until noon ( at least around that time...not sure exactly) on Tuesday.

Yes indeed. However, when I originally wrote the note this was not the case. I later updated with a post about the beach shuttle. My wife and I took the shuttle and walked the beach from Ron Jon to the pier and back. It was pretty nice.

I think they handled the situation as well as can be expected, but after cruising Grandeur two years in a row followed by Majesty I think it is time for me to get back to a larger ship. I am booked on Freedom for next January. Hopefully an Oasis or Harmony class after that.

We got of the ship after the delay was announced and were told that we would receive a full refund. It has been a week since I spoke with the agent. I just had a terrible hour long call with customer service....This would have been our first cruise. At this point I believe it will also be our last cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Another update...Still no promised voucher. I guess I'll be on the telephone to RCI to see what is happening. Given how hard they appeared to try and assuage any misgivings regarding the issues, I would have thought they would have got these out quickly. A month is a long time given the situation.

Another update...Still no promised voucher. I guess I'll be on the telephone to RCI to see what is happening. Given how hard they appeared to try and assuage any misgivings regarding the issues, I would have thought they would have got these out quickly. A month is a long time given the situation.

Similar situation and we waited 6-8 weeks!

I called RCI. They said it was processed and sent out February 24th and I should be receiving it soon. I reminded him that nearly a month has passed since then. He saw that I had already booked another cruise so he was able to apply the credit immediately. Worked out well in the end.

I called RCI. They said it was processed and sent out February 24th and I should be receiving it soon. I reminded him that nearly a month has passed since then. He saw that I had already booked another cruise so he was able to apply the credit immediately. Worked out well in the end.

Thanks for reporting back.

• 2 weeks later...
They obviously value the bottom line more than safety. Where I'm from, being negligent (and yes, this is negligence) towards life saving apparatus shows a disregard towards the value of life.

Is it just me or does the fact they did not sail indicate someone's regard for the value of life. If they had in fact sailed with faulty equipment, that would have been disregard. Although I suppose I can see the other side of the argument that if the CG had not inspected, they likely would have sailed without safe equipment.

Anyhow, I am with those who say any days cruising are better than the same days working.

Sounds like an experience. Pretty sure I would have been on the 'stay on and have the craic' camp.

And one bad cruise doesn't make cruising bad, or even make one cruise line bad. It was just one bad cruise. People would do well to think on that sometimes.